Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Whats your no bs go to fighting arms?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by KTM530XCW, Feb 28, 2016.

1. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Scenario: You wake up and Red Dawn has come to your neighborhood. Commies are parachuting down. You go to your gun safe and prepare to go engage the enemy. What do you grab?

I always tell myself that the reason i bought a Steyr AUG, 454 Casull, and 30 other tactical ninja badass operator weapons is so that I'd be ready for Chuck Norris style, urban gurilla, Patrick Swazey hardcore, commie slaughtering action.

Looking in my safe last night i realized that I'd grab my Scoped AR10, CZ75B, and a toad stabber of some sort. Going with the 308 round for knock down power over the 223. Pretty much everything else in my safe is glorified cock jewelry.

Lastly, id probably only need to take a few mags with me with the harsh realization that I'd be absolutely no match for a trained soldier.

So question of the morning is, how do you arm yourself for fighting the commies on your home turf?

Game on!

GOG and DSAPT9 like this.
  2. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

You're right that the average Joe with a gun is no match for a trained soldier, that's why guns would be my backup, bombs and mines are where it's at. Seed IEDs all over the place. Not that I have any, but IEDs could be put together pretty quickly.

GOG likes this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The enemy is already here, and running the place. o_O

4. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pogo.jpg

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I'd grab the remote and change the channel.

bbbass, CamoDeafie, Mike VH and 21 others like this.
  6. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

I suppose that if I absolutely had to go and shoot something , I'd use my Hawken copy ,'cause I know that I can hit with it just about every time.
    if I wanted to live for more than a few minutes , I'd use my C.Z. 557 carbine in .30-06.
    As a side note I hope to never have to employ my skills as a combat rifleman ever again.
    Andy

GOG, Ura-Ki, bbbass and 9 others like this.
  7. fbdt99

fbdt99 Hillsboro Member

I would take the average American gun owner over the average Chinese or North Korean Soldier, other than the units in the capitols most are poorly trained or not trained at all due to leaders in the capitol not being able to trust the commanders in the border regions. I'd bet everything I had that the average gun owner has fired their weapon more and is more familiar with it than the average commie soldier

8. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

Most would think, grab your AR or AK, . If it really was SHTF, you need self contained simple stupid setup. Most will laugh but grab your SKS self contained rifle. No parts to loose optics to break no magazines to worry about. In a perfect world a AR & AK would be great for battle. But we are talking SHTF you need simple, powerful and reliable. So reach in your safe past all these fancy safe queens with $1900.00+ optics and 30 round magazine and grab the old reliable, self contained rifle that will shoot accurate at medium range a 7.62x39 projectile and can take being slammed around and dropped. If you are throwing down more the the max 10 rounds the SKS holds no AR or AK will save you anyways. Get low, get simple GTFO survive.

9. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

Red Dawn type scenario and I grab the AR15 and Sig226. Mags ammo and water make up the bulk of the rest of the load out. Of course that's the fantasy. In reality, I'd maybe grab the Ruger MKII and suppressor and stay in the shadows hopefully not being noticed. Without the ability to call in artillery, resupply, and air strikes, you would be facing a real short war.

nammac, DuneHopper and mjbskwim like this.
  10. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I'm a calm and methodical person. High capacity rifle magazines are not my forte.

Simplicity to me is key.

Current Rem700 in .308 Win, my XD40 and my 12 gauge with the kid packing his youth .22LR.

My shotgun is a side by side with two different chokes and can fold up and fit in a backpack with a little sticking out, can carry the Rem700 and the XD on the hip.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  11. Libertas7

Libertas7 Oregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if it matter much, the only thing I see that would help is knowing the terrain better then them.

You could replace running with ruining and it would still work.

GOG, Dyjital, mjbskwim and 4 others like this.
  12. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I've seen many threads of this type and my answer is always the same..
    Tough, reliable, and accurate with battle sights out to 600 meters!
    Adjustable gas system to top it off!

Always the FN FAL

Fn.jpg

GOG, DSAPT9, Ura-Ki and 7 others like this.
  13. Stomper

I'll see your FN FAL and raise you an IMI .308 Galil!! :D

image.jpeg

GOG, DSAPT9, Velzey and 6 others like this.
  14. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I would pretend to be like this during the day...

puss-n-boots.jpg

GOG, DSAPT9, Seadog98520 and 6 others like this.
  15. Stomper

and be this at night...

image.jpeg

:D

16. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

Commies? :s0131:
    I would call 911 :s0011:

bbbass and DuneHopper like this.
  17. shootnscoot

shootnscoot Wa Well-Known Member

Something I know would get through military body armor, like the .270..and a bunch of cash to bribe the poor commie conscripts :s0124:

Ura-Ki, bbbass and DuneHopper like this.
  18. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

+1 for bribery. Is this where liquor and cigarettes come into play? Or is this where the silver and gold stackers will be in their element?

bbbass and DuneHopper like this.
  19. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

When peaceful gestures and kind words don't work, the 12 gauge Mossberg 500 loaded with 00 Buckshot will be the primary fighting weapon.

DSAPT9, Raidingtime and KTM530XCW like this.
  20. Patriot1668

Patriot1668 SW Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I've never really considered how a large military force could take control of the Portland area.

It would require the paratroopers or tactical forces to take control of some targets by surprise. The hydroelectric dams, the media, and government offices would seem obvious choices. I don't think my neighborhood is a priority.

Cutting off roadways, waterways, and airports is just a matter of planning, personnel, and the right explosives and armament.

What weapons would I want? My weapon of choice is a government with the strength and foresight to make such an attack a foolish idea.