JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was that an impulse buy or just hunger pangs?!:s0140:
Well I was hungry and Fred Meyer said I could only buy 2 chubs of ground beef. I noticed the ribeye steaks for $7.99 / lb and said hell yeah. I have to say that I score extra points with the commander in chief (wife) when I make up some ribeyes on the barbi. Got her a rum/coke + the ribeye, mashed potatoes and salad and she was happy/relaxed!

I bought 3K rnds of 9mm (sent 400 rnds of that to my Daughter).

Sunday the wife bought us a used pool table.
She's a good girl :D

POOL TABLE.jpeg

The heart wants what the heart wants. This isn't a complete impulse buy, but definitely not a planned purchase. I've been debating getting a rugged laptop for a couple of years and recently stumbled on some eBay listings for Getac B300 G5s with the i7-4600M, 8GB RAM, and a 500GB hard disk in them. Resolution is terrible at 1024x768, but it should output 4K via HDMI if I need a better external resolution. Weighs nearly 8lbs, but it'll be fun, relatively cheap, and scratches my need for new technology that I get from time to time. I already upgraded it to 16GB RAM and put in an 500GB SSD I had laying around. Did I mention it's fanless too? :D Just need to wait for the charger to get here (didn't come with one) and I can get started getting it dialed in.

View attachment 690106

View attachment 690107

What can I say? I'm a nerd at heart.

You mean like this???
250C9377-567F-4E72-9756-B1A89C558709.gif

M1 Carbine. A filthy M1 Carbine that needs a full strip down and cleaning, and one that i won't get to for some time due to my FFL being a long way and pandemic etc. etc. :(:(:s0160:

IMG_0633.jpg

Always looked at a good sturdy tri-pod to purchase over the last 10 plus years. After watching tons of predator shows I finally found what I was looking for. BOGS Death Grip , Also ordered a few calls to !

20200428_125321.jpg 20200428_124719.jpg 20200428_124709.jpg 20200428_131126.jpg

This. I've been wanting a PCC since my mpx.

I'm old as dirt. Don't be fooled by the picture LOL. I sold my ancient SKS that made me look like a terrorist on patrol every time I went camping...and used some of the money to pick up my first black powder revolver. It's a 51 Navy in 36 caliber. Been researching BP for months. Figured I would go small at first, move up to the 44's later if I like it. Below is just the image from Cabela's. I haven't taken any home pictures of it yet.
eIdeF1f.jpg

Picture below that I sent to the buyer while we were negotiating the SKS. Actually, we settled on 350. I thought that was fair. I paid less than half that for it originally. It was a Chinese Norinco version. I was wrong when I said the 'cleaning rod' was in the stock. It wasn't. It was just the spare firing pin.
4uvSl1Z.jpg
Do I have anything even resembling a modern weapon? Not really. Everything I have was made years ago. Old Win 30/30, a 4506 S/W, an old Ruger MK2. Not prepared for the zombies yet.

My last 'impulse' buy was over a year ago. I was looking for a .22-250 rifle for coyote hunting and was ready to spend about $500-600 when I found a 'used' (looked unfired) Ruger American Centerfire (not Predator) for a good price, so I took a chance. I was going to put a Vortex 4-12x40mm AO scope on it when I found the 4-12x50mm AO (Dead Hold BDC reticle) on sale for a lower price a few months ago. It took awhile to come together, but the total price for the combo ended up being under $475, less than the price I had planned to pay for a rifle alone.

But with things like my work schedule, the pandemic closing everything down, and the heart attack I had back in December (and the resulting financial distress), I haven't had a chance to get it sighted in properly. I want to find out if the factory stock is GTG or if I'll want to put it into a Boyd's laminated stock at some point.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top