JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was that an impulse buy or just hunger pangs?!:s0140:
Well I was hungry and Fred Meyer said I could only buy 2 chubs of ground beef. I noticed the ribeye steaks for $7.99 / lb and said hell yeah. I have to say that I score extra points with the commander in chief (wife) when I make up some ribeyes on the barbi. Got her a rum/coke + the ribeye, mashed potatoes and salad and she was happy/relaxed!

I bought 3K rnds of 9mm (sent 400 rnds of that to my Daughter).

Sunday the wife bought us a used pool table.
She's a good girl :D

POOL TABLE.jpeg

The heart wants what the heart wants. This isn't a complete impulse buy, but definitely not a planned purchase. I've been debating getting a rugged laptop for a couple of years and recently stumbled on some eBay listings for Getac B300 G5s with the i7-4600M, 8GB RAM, and a 500GB hard disk in them. Resolution is terrible at 1024x768, but it should output 4K via HDMI if I need a better external resolution. Weighs nearly 8lbs, but it'll be fun, relatively cheap, and scratches my need for new technology that I get from time to time. I already upgraded it to 16GB RAM and put in an 500GB SSD I had laying around. Did I mention it's fanless too? :D Just need to wait for the charger to get here (didn't come with one) and I can get started getting it dialed in.

View attachment 690106

View attachment 690107

What can I say? I'm a nerd at heart.

You mean like this???
250C9377-567F-4E72-9756-B1A89C558709.gif

M1 Carbine. A filthy M1 Carbine that needs a full strip down and cleaning, and one that i won't get to for some time due to my FFL being a long way and pandemic etc. etc. :(:(:s0160:

IMG_0633.jpg

Always looked at a good sturdy tri-pod to purchase over the last 10 plus years. After watching tons of predator shows I finally found what I was looking for. BOGS Death Grip , Also ordered a few calls to !

20200428_125321.jpg 20200428_124719.jpg 20200428_124709.jpg 20200428_131126.jpg

This. I've been wanting a PCC since my mpx.

I'm old as dirt. Don't be fooled by the picture LOL. I sold my ancient SKS that made me look like a terrorist on patrol every time I went camping...and used some of the money to pick up my first black powder revolver. It's a 51 Navy in 36 caliber. Been researching BP for months. Figured I would go small at first, move up to the 44's later if I like it. Below is just the image from Cabela's. I haven't taken any home pictures of it yet.
eIdeF1f.jpg

Picture below that I sent to the buyer while we were negotiating the SKS. Actually, we settled on 350. I thought that was fair. I paid less than half that for it originally. It was a Chinese Norinco version. I was wrong when I said the 'cleaning rod' was in the stock. It wasn't. It was just the spare firing pin.
4uvSl1Z.jpg
Do I have anything even resembling a modern weapon? Not really. Everything I have was made years ago. Old Win 30/30, a 4506 S/W, an old Ruger MK2. Not prepared for the zombies yet.

My last 'impulse' buy was over a year ago. I was looking for a .22-250 rifle for coyote hunting and was ready to spend about $500-600 when I found a 'used' (looked unfired) Ruger American Centerfire (not Predator) for a good price, so I took a chance. I was going to put a Vortex 4-12x40mm AO scope on it when I found the 4-12x50mm AO (Dead Hold BDC reticle) on sale for a lower price a few months ago. It took awhile to come together, but the total price for the combo ended up being under $475, less than the price I had planned to pay for a rifle alone.

But with things like my work schedule, the pandemic closing everything down, and the heart attack I had back in December (and the resulting financial distress), I haven't had a chance to get it sighted in properly. I want to find out if the factory stock is GTG or if I'll want to put it into a Boyd's laminated stock at some point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top