JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow. Maybe just a motor or rebuild away from a solid hauler.
How much do you still need to go as far as engine.. if needed?
Motor's seized, so it's definitely a rebuild. Glad I have that engine hoist that I bought from @WAYNO !
Time to pull, see what's ruined and either rebuild or buy a crate engine.

Anyone have a hemi engine sitting around that they want to get rid of?

Yes, even when they claim it's "on sale".
I bought some .45 FMJ here a few weeks back that had a sale sign. Paid at register, glanced at me receipt on the way out and promptly turned right back around! The guy at register charged me full price even after my commenting on how I was glad to find some on sale! I couldn't help but, wonder how many they got away with charging full price and not get noticed! I really do not like that store anymore. 🙄

Now before anyone says, it might have been an accident (possible), I've had some other questionable transactions in the past so, I can't help but wonder.

I couldn't pass up a couple lbs of IMR 3031 today at the Battle Ground Show. They were nice enough to drop 5 bucks off of two to make it $40.00/lb

I only took $40.00 with me, so had to run down to Albertsons to get more money from the ATM.

Impulse buy because I knew I would hate myself if I missed this 1 of 1 Colt A2 from Paul Harrells personal Collection.

20240413_101330.jpg

Modern hemi engines are notorious for valvetrain failure. 3 trucks in our fleet made it to about 40k before the heads had to come off to deal with it
Wow. All designs have some faults but it sucks when they are deep in the engine and happen that early. Toyota 5.7l fault is auxiliary air pump (or whatever it's called) but fortunately that fails every 200k or so. That's the only thing ever replaced (at 368k now) for me. Probably will need an alternator after a couple hundred thousand more miles though.

Wow. All designs have some faults but it sucks when they are deep in the engine and happen that early. Toyota 5.7l fault is auxiliary air pump (or whatever it's called) but fortunately that fails every 200k or so.
Don't forget about the cam shaft tower leak. It's hard to find, normally if it does happen, the oil leaks down and immediately burns off. For whatever reason, Toyota decided to use silicone or something instead of a gasket.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top