JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While not on an AR; but on some old paintball guns (think single trigger Spyder and old pump actions); my two favorite AR grips were the Lonestar Ordnance Stowaway grips and the Hogue Overmolded grips. Granted, these are old stuff Haven't had a chance to check out other grips, but the Magpul feels just like the Hogue gips, so didn't see the need.... on my SARCO AR; I have a standard A2 grip anyways. Might swap it out later if I can find a Lonestar Ordnance Stowaway grip just for the retroness of it

EDIT: There's also the 1911 style grip blocks made for the ARs I think. Was one of the things to do to get a less angled grip..

Last Edited:
BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Grip Mod 0 AR grip on my M14

IMG_7576.JPG

You guys know the nice thing about these ar's, is there are so many different options out there. They make one to fit any size shape and color of hand...:D . I'm still a "newbie" when it comes to ar's, but it doesn't take long to figure out what fits your hand and what works best for YOUR style of shooting. This discussion came up back when I was getting into ar's and wanting to shoot better with the platform. Right away I knew I disliked the cheap grips that came in some LPK's or on walmart special buy rifles. You guys know the ones I'm talking about. One of the reason's I've never bought a lower with a cheap stock and grip attached. I'd just end up collecting junk I would never use. It's been a learning expereince for sure. I started out with an ergo grip with a palm shelf. Looks cool, but just didn't work with my big meat hooks...
rGvCDve.jpg

Then I tried the Hogue, but didn't like the finger grooves. It just didn't feel right:
xwnKtP1.jpg

So, after getting some advice from a different site I decided to try the K2+:
BmRVna1.jpg
Groups and control actually improved and the grip is comfortable. I like the grip angle the best, for my style of shooting. I also have a BCM gunfighter on my dads rifle, and it's not bad, but it will likely get changed out after I get my 20" matchgrade barrel on it... The ASC will go bye bye as well...
orwbPea.jpg

I'm going to Portland right now to buy a PRS and probably a K2+ FDE grip for this rifle. I like the BCM though, it's a good comfortable grip. No flies on it for sure.. It actually has the same grip angle as the K2+, but it's a little slimmer.

I actually prefer the a1 "no bump" grip, probably because I trained with it. Now I have been thinking about a 1911 type grip frame with Hogue wrap around rubber grips. Because I have been shooting 1911's for forty plus years.

My favorite is the Ergo Swift grip. Followed closely by BCM mod 0.

The Swift grip is very natural feeling and my wrist doesn't hurt after long use.

39488D51-C15B-47B4-A3BC-2E4ACB31BA62.jpeg 2BB21977-9E1C-412E-9464-9EA203AF057D.jpeg 77CABEFA-BC9D-459F-840B-4BFEF818184A.jpeg AED1CB9E-1604-4D57-8D93-03562B4E1F76.jpeg

My preferred rifle grip is the Magpul MIAD. The slightly reduced angle suits my shooting style and you can configure the backstrap to fit your hand size/shape. If you like finger grooves just replace the front. All parts are included with the grip.

For a pistil I would probably go with a more reduced angle grip, but would have to play around.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews