JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thankfully our freedom and safety will not depend on the machismo tainted thought processes of persons who would make such a tactically poor decision.

In reality though, the vast majority of people who say this have no idea what they would do when really facing death. The whole notion of the hero standing firm against torture and other such grand notions are the things of fiction.

Why talk about intelligent strategy and tactics when we can just posture and pose?

I am afraid we don't share the same extremist views.

That's how they play - label any human being with a reasonable desire to be left alone to follow his own path through life as "extreme". If you think they will not come for you after they are finished with us, you are not paying attention, and you have no grasp on true history. Most of what you think you know is a lie.

Why talk about intelligent strategy and tactics when we can just posture and pose?
You have a point...in that case I will bravely and single-handedly fight off dozens of government agents, laying traps all along the way, then escape using a homemade rocket pack I keep in my attic. If they capture me I will resist all torture and spit in the face of my captors as they peel the flesh from my bones.

I am afraid we don't share the same extremist views.

Extremist views like respect for Constitutional rights? I find it strange that someone like yourself is so quick to label people, what's up with that? The whole reason you, Playboypenguin, even have these rights is because of these people which I'm very sure you would have called "Extremists".

You have a point...in that case I will bravely and single-handedly fight off dozens of government agents, laying traps all along the way, then escape using a homemade rocket pack I keep in my attic. If they capture me I will resist all torture and spit in the face of my captors as they peel the flesh from my bones.

You exaggerate greatly. I don't hear anyone saying any of this. Just that for some, death is preferable to life as a slave. You had better pray that there enough of us willing to die for our freedom that people with your attitude continue to enjoy the benefits without the sacrifice.

You exaggerate greatly. I don't hear anyone saying any of this. Just that for some, death is preferable to life as a slave. You had better pray that there enough of us willing to die for our freedom that people with your attitude continue to enjoy the benefits without the sacrifice.

The American Revolutionary War was an unpopular war among the colonists. IIRC only 13% fought and less than 50% actively back the war.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I don't exaggerate at all. Most people who make such statements are clueless as to what they would do when actually faced with potential death. The toughest men who cry "death before dishonor" will grovel and beg under the right circumstances. Pretending that is not the case is very self indulgent.

Extremist views like respect for Constitutional rights? I find it strange that someone like yourself is so quick to label people, what's up with that? The whole reason you, Playboypenguin, even have these rights is because of these people which I'm very sure you would have called "Extremists".
No, but pretending the democratic government of elected officials is somehow a subversive and hostile entity working against the people is definitely an extreme opinion. The US government of the people is the sole reason the citizens enjoy the freedoms and privileges they do. Name ONE SINGLE COUNTY that enjoys the same privileges as this country that does not have a strong and far reaching civil government. Better yet, name a single country that enjoys the principles put forth by the libertarian model.

No, but pretending the democratic government of elected officials is somehow a subversive and hostile entity working against the people is definitely an extreme opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_v._City_of_New_London
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_poverty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_knock_raid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFA34

etc and so forth. I wouldn't yet say the government deliberately works against the people, they merely prey on complacency at this point.

Name ONE SINGLE COUNTY that enjoys the same privileges as this country that does not have a strong and far reaching civil government.

You mean like the privilege of having 35% (or more, depending on the year) of my paycheck stolen to fund asset redistribution for vote bribery, foreign imperialist wars, and puri-tyrannical drug wars? Just this country.

Better yet, name a single country that enjoys the principles put forth by the libertarian model.

The US after the Revolution before tyrants like Lincoln, Wilson and FDR ruined it.

I don't exaggerate at all. Most people who make such statements are clueless as to what they would do when actually faced with potential death. The toughest men who cry "death before dishonor" will grovel and beg under the right circumstances. Pretending that is not the case is very self indulgent.

Say what you will - I don't pretend to speak for others, but personally, I've put plenty of thought into it. I won't encourage trouble, and I love life as much as the next man - maybe more. I am sincere in saying that you will want to be ready to die if you kick my door in - because I am comfortable with the idea myself. There will be no groveling. The fact that you don't seem to be able to understand this speaks volumes. To me it is a simple and basic concept.

No, but pretending the democratic government of elected officials is somehow a subversive and hostile entity working against the people is definitely an extreme opinion. The US government of the people is the sole reason the citizens enjoy the freedoms and privileges they do. Name ONE SINGLE COUNTY that enjoys the same privileges as this country that does not have a strong and far reaching civil government. Better yet, name a single country that enjoys the principles put forth by the libertarian model.

I only care about this country, why would I compare? This country is being ruined from within by that, "strong and far reaching civil government". If you can't see it, it is because you refuse to see it.

Have you checked our, "strong and far reaching civil government" credit rating lately?

Say what you will - I don't pretend to speak for others, but personally, I've put plenty of thought into it. I won't encourage trouble, and I love life as much as the next man - maybe more. I am sincere in saying that you will want to be ready to die if you kick my door in - because I am comfortable with the idea myself. There will be no groveling. The fact that you don't seem to be able to understand this speaks volumes. To me it is a simple and basic concept.
You can think about it until your ears bleed, and you will still have no idea how you will actually react. I was trained for years in the military with live fire exercises and I still had no idea until I actually came under fire that first time...and even that was less frightening than a direct assualt against you as an individual. In fact, one of the things you learn while training for such situations is there are no supermen and those that claim most to be one are those most likely to cooperate with the enemy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR