JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothin' on the tube, been snowing non-freakin'-stop since before 6 am, sat. dish was already covered by then. Cleaned the kitchen, making some sourdough bread and some sticky buns, proofing now. Just got done making a tray of pork pot-stickers. Got the SR22 out earlier and had a family shoot off the back porch (covered). Chickens refuse to venture out so scooped some poop out of they coop, the wife thought they'd be happier. Chicken's could give 2 squats but got me out of the house for a few. I let the rooster peck on my finger a little, he's about ready for the pot. Quiet as a cemetery out this way today, loudest noise is the plow going down the hwy every few hours.

Picture on the tube is starting to break up again, gotta go scrape the dish. Probably watch a movie w/the kids and eat some popcorn after dinner, doesn't look like a school night. For sure not driving into the valley for work tomorrow, be Skyping my meetings.

That's my day.

Nothin' on the tube, been snowing non-freakin'-stop since before 6 am, sat. dish was already covered by then. Cleaned the kitchen, making some sourdough bread and some sticky buns, proofing now. Just got done making a tray of pork pot-stickers. Got the SR22 out earlier and had a family shoot off the back porch (covered). Chickens refuse to venture out so scooped some poop out of they coop, the wife thought they'd be happier. Chicken's could give 2 squats but got me out of the house for a few. I let the rooster peck on my finger a little, he's about ready for the pot. Quiet as a cemetery out this way today, loudest noise is the plow going down the hwy every few hours.

Picture on the tube is starting to break up again, gotta go scrape the dish. Probably watch a movie w/the kids and eat some popcorn after dinner, doesn't look like a school night. For sure not driving into the valley for work tomorrow, be Skyping my meetings.

That's my day.

Yep. Snow on the ground since November and it's been snowing all day.

Spent the afternoon at the in-laws for an early dinner. SB on in the background, but I'm not a big sports fan, so I checked it out from time to time, but no skin in the game, didn't really care who won. Food was good (chicken and rice casserole, cheesecake for dessert) and celebrated the daughter's birthday with her grandparents. Home now and getting ready to head to bed in just a bit for my usual early morning getup.

One thing did interest me - during half-time, you could see a bunch of lights behind Lady GaGa as she should at the top of the stadium - I was curious what that was, so I did a little search - they were drones. Hundreds of them, flying in sync and flashing lights to make patterns. That was probably the coolest part of the SB for me. I'd like to know more about the control system/software they used to keep those drones that carefully controlled.

I'd like to know more about the control system/software they used to keep those drones that carefully controlled.

They plot a GPS coordinate and maintain it. The rest of them do the same thing but at slightly different coordinates. They can maintain a synchronized pattern with off the shelf software driven from the control computer. It can be as small as a cell phone. You are living at humanities apex.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top