JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let me say, I am almost over the Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem. For almost 2 years I stopped watching any football. This year I selectively watched Seahawks games only.

I will say it, I am Happy Kaepernick is not playing in the NFL. I was disgusted with his kneeling during the anthem. The worst part is before he started doing that I actually felt sorry for his struggles and injury then the kneeling started, the anti-police socks and then everything that went with him. He is in this situation because he walked away from the 49ers. That's right HE quit the 49ers. And now he expects/demands the NFL owners to let him back in. It doesn't work that way in the real world.

Now the NFL is keeping the the players in the locker room (LIKE IT USED TO) during the anthem. Good take away their platform!

Now I have big plans to enjoy today's Superbowl. BUT if anyone kneels during the anthem I'm out and TV goes off. If anyone during the half time show makes a political protest or statement, TV is going off for the NFL forever.

Football used to be about the game. A place to enjoy and forget about all the problems in the world, We don't need anything to take away from that.

What Beyonce did was totally racist with her cast of wanna be Black Panthers. How would she and the world feel if a country performer brought in a group of KKK dancers? That is effectively what she did.

Last Edited:
NFL lost me for life. No longer care what they do, I am gone for life from them. To each his own on this but they will never see my money again. Did always enjoy the commercials. If was amazing what they could come up with when it cost that much to run them. In the "old days" I used to keep a VCR going so I would not miss the commercials running for a snack or bathroom. Now of course they live on forever on line. That they allowed that disgusting display as long as they did was too much for me to ever forget.

Super what?

I'm grabbing this:
BFB86BC1-D47E-49AE-A5E4-8E429A4D383C.jpeg

I'll be going to the range and taking some study notes with me for a midterm on Wednesday.

Study and shoot... while others are too busy worshiping their government subsidized teams.

We rented "Hunter Killer" at Redbox with a free code... will start watching at 3:30 then round out the time remaining with the "Puppy Bowl".

Won't be watching the Slacker Bowl.

Watched Football nearly religiously, have a real 1980's starter jacket from the SF team.
So from the 1960's until the kneel I have not watched, been full tilt boycott .......not one game. Like the OP
I am going to watch today, last time if there is any political shenanigans, I will be done for good.

i stopped watching nfl all of last season and 3/4 of the season this season. i watched the last few weeks because i had heard the kneeling had stopped. if i see/hear about anything today, im done.

We rented "Hunter Killer" at Redbox with a free code... will start watching at 3:30 then round out the time remaining with the "Puppy Bowl".

Won't be watching the Slacker Bowl.
Watched it last night. Great movie.

Football is a game that allows drug users, wife beaters and misc. criminals
to make a good living while at the same time not being able to talk so I
can understand them.
I wouldn't watch a football game if I had free tickets and the stadium
was across the street and someone would carry me on their back to get there.
I have nothing but contempt for the game and the people that play it.
I thought I'd mention that since I'm not sure if it shows or not.

Forget the NFL! All they are doing by keeping the players in the locker room is putting a band aid on what has been going on. They (the NFL) did nothing to stand for whats right and what's wrong. They were political and stood for nothing. They made no stance.

Regardlessof what happens today, they lost me forever.

Spineless, over priced, over paid GAME! Not a political platform, A GAME! The 1/2 time performers are still using it as a political platform, or a political statement. As long as that continues, i'll continue to NOT watch any of their movies or shows either.

Too bad as I used to like watching it.

I agree, but what do they want most?... A platform, at least leaving them in the locker room is a win for us, as they can't rant and rave or disrespect our anthem that way. Now I expect they will try to disrupt things by using the half time show. If the NFL isn't smart enough to stop this, then I'm smart enough to leave the NFL alone forever as well. Not all, but a lot of these players are cutting their own throats and bleeding out in front of the commissioner. Who may come around at some point but with this disrespect and the concussion disease the NFL is all but dead. Feel sorry for the real legitimate players. The ones like Russell Wilson who a kid can look up too. Not the Marshawn Lynches and Kaepernicks of the league. In the end Kaepernick will be remembered as the player who started the death of the NFL.
Mike

Forget the NFL! All they are doing by keeping the players in the locker room is putting a band aid on what has been going on. They (the NFL) did nothing to stand for whats right and what's wrong. They were political and stood for nothing. They made no stance.

Regardlessof what happens today, they lost me forever.

Spineless, over priced, over paid GAME! Not a political platform, A GAME! The 1/2 time performers are still using it as a political platform, or a political statement. As long as that continues, i'll continue to NOT watch any of their movies or shows either.

Too bad as I used to like watching it.

Wife and I are watching puppy bowl. I am cleaning and organizing the garage and hopefully hanging my heavy bag, then I have family coming over for a nice sit down pot roast and rosemary roasted potatoes. No time for watching rich spoiled roided out dudes concuss eachother for millions, or any interest in the "social programing" comercials.

Wife and I are watching puppy bowl. I am cleaning and organizing the garage and hopefully hanging my heavy bag, then I have family coming over for a nice sit down pot roast and rosemary roasted potatoes. No time for watching rich spoiled roided out dudes concuss eachother for millions, or any interest in the "social programing" comercials.

OUR SB, stuff is a get together after the Holidays, a nice way to see each other until summer BBQ's.
My wives uncle has a movie room, a 12foot screen nice to watch the game with. The last few years I just shot some pool in their game room during the game.

Football is a game that allows drug users, wife beaters and misc. criminals
to make a good living while at the same time not being able to talk so I
can understand them.
I wouldn't watch a football game if I had free tickets and the stadium
was across the street and someone would carry me on their back to get there.
I have nothing but contempt for the game and the people that play it.
I thought I'd mention that since I'm not sure if it shows or not.

The game didnt used to be this way until the late 1990's.........

I'm another former fan. I think I watched 3 games this year. I honestly did not remember that today is Super Bowl. I honestly don't know who is playing against the Pats. Don't really care right now either. I plan to spend my day cleaning the house, laundry, and some reloading.

A friend who did email to ask if I was going to watch Super Bowl did not seemed surprised when I said "probably not".

Having said that, I think we should push to make the NFL all inclusive and non-racist. There should be an equal number of Caucasians, African Americans, Hispanics, and Asians on each team. Heck! Half the team should be female! The biggest fun would be watching people's heads explode over this!

I'm very glad to see a lot of us take the same opinion. Honestly I kind of expected support for Kaepernick. But many of us VETS and many non vets that are patriotic Americans. Like many of you, my family was heavily invested in the NFL just a few short years ago. We would rotate houses to watch the game, put on our football jerzees and gear, we always ran a Weekly pool so it was fun to see who could predict the most wins on Sunday and take home a small pot. We would BBQ, or the ladies would cook for us, plenty of beer. That all stopped a few years ago. We no longer get together or go to any NFL games. I think this is true for many across the US.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top