JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like this type of news is showing up a lot.

A common theme underlying them all is that while our leaders -- and the voices of conventional wisdom -- treat our current recession as cyclical in nature, and are essentially mostly just waiting around for growth to pick up again, there is plenty of reason to believe that this crisis was instead an expression of structural problems. And if that is so, and we don't take the proper action, then the wait could be a long one.

<broken link removed>

If you cant feed your family without going to the store and you live in debt and would not have a place to go live if the money went bye bye what would you do !!

"Sufficiently widespread incompetence is indistinguishable from a conspiracy."

Our government isn't able to pull off a massive conspiracy, they couldn't even keep a blowjob secret. But that doesnt mean the end result wont be the same.

Yup. They (both political parties) need to take the blame for the current crisis (via incompetence), but as professional politicians do everywhere, they successfully transfer the blame to others.

Examples:

Who appointed Greenspan (the bubble maker who couldn't recognize bubbles)? Who appointed Robert Rubin (instrumental in elimination of Glass-Steagall)? Who appointed Lawrence Summers? All three are directly responsible for the deregulation of OTC derivatives, which caused the current economic crisis. A lot of people point out that administration appointments go mainly to Goldman Sachs people, and therefore it is Goldman Sachs who is ultimately to blame. Nope - those who keep allowing the appointment and reappointment of the same people are to blame. (But they weasel out of it by blaming "the banks and wall street.") I would call that incompetence on a grand scale.

But to bring it all back and not go waaayyy off on a tangent I am preparing to survive life.... Mostly all those curve balls it enjoys throwing at us, it could be a job loss, natural disaster, losing power for a week, or as mundane as making sure your spare tire is inflated. Its about being prepared for what may come. But like all things people can take it way to far. IMHO

Its about being prepared for what may come. But like all things people can take it way to far. IMHO

Yes. Over the years I have looked at the possible events/scenarios and have focused my efforts based upon what I felt is the likelihood of each event. For me the focus has been on earthquakes (that preparation covers most natural disasters), and on the unfolding economic crisis.

The inevitable collapse of the world financial system that is currently propped up by 1000 trillion dollars (more than 18 times the gross domestic product of the world) worth of unregulated derivatives. Most of these are CDS's (credit default swaps - insurance that doesn't have a dime set aside to back it up) and assures that in the event of a total collapses of any one sector of the economy the whole thing will fall down, in the wink of an eye. This system is unchanged since it nearly took us down 18 months ago.

The investment bankers of the world have created a system that pumps massive wealth into their hands without having to create a darn thing. It used to be land, labor and capital, but now all they need is a mass delusion, a functioning laser printer, and some ready to sign execs that are chomping at the bit to make this deal to show that they deserve the big bonus. Oh yeah, and both sides of this dangerous deal are claiming it as an asset.

So, I'm planning on surviving the insanity of a system that lets such blatent, self serving BS create massive wealth for people who do no productive work at all ,while setiing up the destruction of all that far better, and more able people have created out of toil. Also, do note the lack of any media coverage of the things I mention, the money owns the media and this won't be discussed, and it isn't because I made it up either, go check me!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top