JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is an extremely rare event for a world's reserve currency to collapse (where it ceases to be the world's reserve currency). But that is exactly what is occurring with the US$ at this point in history. It remains to be seen whether the currency collapse/devaluation will continue to be a gradual decline (as has been occurring). It is also possible at some point there could be an overnight devaluation(s). But given that there is no viable alternative to the US$ as a world reserve currency (at this point anyway), a gradual decline is the preferred route of devaluation. Plus, maintaining the social order here in the US would be easier under a slow steady US$ decline. Either way, American's are going to be utterly shocked when they come to understand the ramifications of a significantly devalued dollar and a bankrupt nation (and states).

I recommend the book "The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse" by Fernando Ferfal Aguirre. It discusses life during the recent Argentine currency collapse. It is a lot more realistic (and potentially helpful) than are the typical "survival" books written and promoted here in the States.

George A. Romero zombies or 28 Days/Weeks Later zombies?

-------

Hopefully slow decline, more time to 'get ready'.

Whichever ones come. :s0131:

I'm thinking it will be more like the zombie survival guide zombies, but leaning towards being more like the Romero remake zombies which are more like the 28 days/weeks later zombies.

The elite are readying the IMF SDRs to be the next currency after the dollar succumbs to hyperinflation. That is the answer to the question so many ask: "Don't those in power see this coming and want to stop it?" The first part is "yes, they see it coming" and the second part is "no, they don't want to stop it as the IMF is part of the one world government plan that has been in place for nearly a hundred years."

In short, the elite (mostly those in control of the banks, plus a few politicians) believe they can profit from a collapse of the dollar, even if it means drastic hardship for the rest of us. As long as they can keep themselves safe & enriched, and keep the populace under control, this is the direction they're going to go. The sensitive part is ensuring the populace stays under control, especially in the US where many of us are armed. However, disarming the populace and wealth transfer / levelling are strong tools to keep all of dependent upon the elite, and thus less willing to go against them.

So, what am I preparing for? A collapse and potential pockets of unrest. Along with that could be power outages, small riots, increase of crime, increase of corruption, infrastructure breakdowns, government force being used against citizens, etc.

I agree!

The goal is the destruction of the dollar which also allows massive transfer of wealth from taxpayers and consumers to the international bankers. As lkong as there is a huge base of stable currency, such as the US dollar, to act as a global reserve, it is difficult to enslave too many people at one time because they can always run to quality.

But if you can destablize all world currencies then you can perhaps entice nations to rely on just one currency. But this will just set up even more outrageous currency swings and devaluations (compared to commodities) and leave people no where to run to, except durable commodities.

Politicians in the US and around the world have demonstrated they have no regard for private citizens, and are more than willing to strip them of every ounce of wealth possible, by any means.

Maybe after we wallow in deflation, inflation, ever higher taxes and bailouts for a few decades we as a body of citizens will demand, or create, an alternative to the manipulated currencies. But I think the general population will need much more suffering and debasement before they are ready to turn away from the nanny State.

The elite are readying the IMF SDRs to be the next currency after the dollar succumbs to hyperinflation.

That is the likely plan/scenario where international trade is concerned. The public of course won't have that option, so they are on their own to figure out how to protect themselves. Barring a TEOTWAWKI scenario, Americans need to start thinking in terms of currencies besides the US$. When I worked overseas I was paid in Saudi Riyals, converted them to Pound Sterling (GBP was low at the time), and a few years later converted GBP to US$ when the GBP significantly strengthened. The typical American doesn't think in those terms, but they need to. You can either sit back, do nothing, and probably lose the game big-time, OR, figure out what is happening and play in a way that enables you to prosper.

When I worked overseas I was paid in Saudi Riyals, converted them to Pound Sterling (GBP was low at the time), and a few years later converted GBP to US$ when the GBP significantly strengthened. The typical American doesn't think in those terms, but they need to.
Yup....Canada ain't but a six hour drive for most of us...I've lived with the differences in the currencies...Many US citizens haven't, except maybe to change a few bucks on a vacation.......

Folks that live near the border often times have an opportunity to be paid in foreign currency...Knowing the exchange rates and trends (mid-term, long term)and more importantly, purchasing power of the respective currencies is helpful..

W44

Yup....Canada ain't but a six hour drive for most of us...I've lived with the differences in the currencies...Many US citizens haven't, except maybe to change a few bucks on a vacation.......

Folks that live near the border often times have an opportunity to be paid in foreign currency...Knowing the exchange rates and trends (mid-term, long term)and more importantly, purchasing power of the respective currencies is helpful..

W44

Absolutely.

I'm visually reminded of the importance of understanding how currencies interact every time I cross the border at Sumas. Sumas went from boom town to ghost town when the CA$ tanked. A retailer who recognized the changing currency dynamics could have acted early and sold out (to someone who didn't see it coming), and literally have prevented being wiped out.

A retailer who recognized the changing currency dynamics could have acted early and sold out (to someone who didn't see it coming), and literally have prevented being wiped out.
Yup..and the consumer(if he's bein' paid in both currencies) can take advantage of differently subsidized or taxed products by purchasing on either side of the border...

W44

I'm trying to survive the trip from work to my family and house. In some situations (earth quake, floods, fires, riots, etc) I may need to be able to get to my family and get them home. Assuming the roads are closed, that leaves me walking, biking, etc, so my items need to be carried in some sort of light weight pack.

wg

An economy set up so that only the wealthy are making huge gains while the rest of us barely get by (see front page of today's Oregonian for an Oregon-specific look at what's been happening to income the last 10 years)...

Beyond that, I'm my planning survival is based upon natural disasters and economic upheavals which could lead to food shortages, rioting, etc.

how about a little more for you no believers

http://market-ticker.org/archives/1895-Financial-Terrorism-You-Decide.html

We are screwed

jj

I think it's interesting how it goes from an "implied threat" to a "raw threat" in no time, and I'm also not seeing this guys "irrefutable evidence" that 125 billion was "intentionally drained" to set up a stock market crash..

Sorry, but this site comes off as a big conspiracy theory to me. Some internet entrepreneur thinking he has things put together, but in reality he's making giant leaps in logic to make his case.

I'm not saying the Fed did everything right, I think they mucked quite a bit up, but to say that the Gov't was intentionally trying to crash the economy is a bit much...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top