JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What should I do? (buy gone bad)

• Fugget about it

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Give negative trader rating

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Send PM nastygram and no rating

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
Reactions
OK, had a promise from a seller of a gun related item to come by my home on a specific day and at a pre set/agreed price for the item.. seller never calls, never shows, and in response to a PM says : "I decided to keep it"..

What would you do? The votes are private

Once I make a commitment to sell or buy, I do not back off. Once I made a stupid, stupid decision. I asked the seller to release me. He did not. I manned up.

I will hold everyone else I trade with to the same standards. If I mess up, like your seller did, and get a bad trading rating, I deserve it.

It is bad enough he backed off, but had he communicated his intentions on a timely basis, I would feel inclined not to give him/her a bad rating.

Out with the flakies.

My word means a lot to me. I would fulfill the commitment I agreed to. Seems like the OP is lacking in the integrity area. I would not do business with him again. But I would move on and not waste my energy on f ing with him.

seller has right to decide to sell or keep. myself, I'd say forget about it and move on. money not spent, money saved for the next toy ;)

Agreed, IF they PM or call you and not leave you expecting the sale. Problem here is, none of that happened. I've done at least 80 deals here and overall it's been very positive

Similar deal happened with me. Agreed to meet seller next day and agreed on price. After a few days and several excuses the seller stops all contact with me and marks it sold and closes the thread. I believe he sold it to someone else for more money. I thought about leaving a negative but never did.

I am a man of my word and have turned down higher offers because I already had an agreement with another buyer. I know one thing I will never buy or sell something to user dw123.

most of us had experience like that before. sure it sucks and upset, but nothing you can do about it.

after all, it was just private sale gone bad. :(

I had the same thing happen, seller quit communicating with me and the listing disappeared. Also figured he sold to someone else for a better price.
It was rude and annoying, but not worth worrying about. Move on and hopefully you will have better luck next time.

I don't have strangers "come to my home".. especially for gun stuff. If I am selling an old couch or something, it's under the carport for perusal.
If possible, I'd give him a negative rating since he's a tool and jacked you around.

I've sold stuff on here and I usually put in the add that I have the right to end or refuse sales.... having said that, I would be an adult about it and communicate with the interested buyer should I choose to end or refuse sale. It's a dick move to do what he did IMO. A simple "I've changed my mind" message would have been the right thing to do.

Since the person couldn't have the common courtesy to pm or call you and instead duck and dodge around the deal I vote for negative feedback,IMO.

I think the OP would be right if he left negative feedback, but I'd probably just "nastygram" and move on.

Jammer Six and Hook686, are you guys trolls or really just that sarcastic?:s0114: Oh my!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top