JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only one kid and she isn't into guns.

Having a handful that have been passed down, my wish is for them to continue to stay in our family and go to my grandkids if they show an interest in them.

Either way I know my daughter will honor my wish even though she may not like guns and make arrangements for them to continue staying in the family.

I may not have any high end guns but I have guns that I and my departed elders in the family valued highly for different reasons and I will add to that collection when I pass them down.

Hopefully, I have the cash to be able to put some extra in the pile of guns. I'd like the inherited ones to all stay with the same person and not be doled out at random, so the other grandkids can have the cash and go buy whatever they want.

A lot of hard decisions here. I am just damn glad I don't own any guns!:s0023:

I'm young enough that I'm not concerned enough with it, honestly.

I can say though to everyone out there who owns guns, please please for the love of god have a will and explicitly state what should happen to your guns, as well as a list of guns you have. Store it outside the safe if possible, and perhaps in the possession of the person(s) you are giving the guns to.

My uncle passed away with no will and 100+ guns , no kids, just two siblings. We've been in a legal battle for over a year now the most expensive 1/3 of the firearms are mysteriously missing...

I have two adult sons and a Gun Trust. Any Class 3 items will go to my son in OR unless my son in CA has moved to a state where they're legal. I have a pretty decent collection & know one son will sell what he inherits which is fine with me. Lately I've been buying guns for their appreciation vs. just something else to shoot - I have lots of those. I won't fire the investment guns but only one of them is actually BNIB (1974 S&W 39-2). The others are First Edition Colts with fairly low serial numbers and some others are collectible Walthers in mint condition - pretty much a mix of items. If either of my sons predecease me everything will go to the other son. If both predecease me the guns will go to my Grandson.

i can't wait for some of those guys hoarding all .22 to start dying off so i can pick up their bricks at their estate sale for $5 each

I have about 8000 rounds and will make sure I use it all up just so you can't have any! :)

My grandson would probably go thru it pretty fast....

well when your dead does it really matter what happens to them? I an sure they will find a new home and be greatly appriciated yes with out heirs the family heirlooms history will die with you . But when you die what ever distant family you have will swoop in and grab them you might want to connect with some of your nieces or nephew take them out shooting the heirlooms tell them the history of that firearm who it was past down from and all the history behind it then will that firearm to that person .

I have about 8000 rounds and will make sure I use it all up just so you can't have any! :)

My grandson would probably go thru it pretty fast....

oh thats nothing if you took your grandson sage rate hunting you would probably go through that in a couple of weekends

I am talking about those guys who stock pile it like gold literally hundreds of thousands of rounds

actually what i would do is find the best niece or nephew you have the ones that stay out of trouble get good grades and are not too obnoxious . take them under your wing take them shooting those firearms you want to keep in the family tell them about memories you have with them and make some new memories with them .

this should insure they stay in the family

I am 54 and I don't "own" any firearms as I am simply "storing" :Dthem for my oldest and youngest sons. They were "given" :D the firearms before any of the current laws were passed. The middle one won't get them. He's a good kid but he went rogue. Dang kid is a liberal- he will proudly tell you that he voted for the curent nit wit in charge and supports Hellary. He even gave us a picture of himself shaking her hand.:(o_O You can even see her broom in the background. My youngest is a Vet and is a gun buff. His (hopefully) future wife has her WA state CCW.
My oldest and his wife enjoy recreational shooting. Problem solved.

Well, I won't turn them into a statement of weak kneed liberalism like Sean Penn did.

upload_2016-5-17_19-53-11.jpeg

Well, depending on the political climate I may sell a few to buy the dream ones I want before any stupid national ban. (Hopefully not).

If none of that happens? Ill collect more, but more importantly shoot more. Just in general.. I need to make a point of plinking more often. Id like to have a regular range rotation of firearms so I get to shooting all of them more often.

After that? Way down the road? If the world still exists.. When Im too old to shoot? Ill probably give them away to my family, then some to life long friends.

I am dying and within a year or two will be dead. I have trimmed the herd a little and talked to my wife. She says that we do not need the money and shooting is my hobby left, so not to worry about it.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you'll have a chance to enjoy shooting for as long as possible and that your quality of life will be good.

I'd like to be buried with at least two handguns, loaded and ready to go. This intertwines with my request to be buried in a full big bird costume.

I figure on the .000001% chance there may actually be a zombie apocalypse and I get to come back for one more round, it will at least provide some comic relief for someone watching a decaying zombie shamble down the street in a big yellow bird costume with a gun in each hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top