JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was 7 when my father gifted to me IZH 18 12ga 34'' barrel and cut off bud stock to fit me. That was my first duck/hare gun for about 5 years. I remember it kick like semi-truck, leaving me couple of times with split lips.

Iirc the first rifle I bought was a nib 10/22. Still have it. Stainless/synthetic with a 4 power scope on see through rings, sling, and that's it.
Second was a mini30.

My first rifle I was given was a Winchester Model 69 (model may be number wrong) marked Sears and Roebuck.

The first rifle I bought was a DPMS LR308 AP4, I sold it to another forum member and now I'm piecing together it's replacement from a stripped lower.

Marlin model 60 (western field) 49.99 I picked berries that summer for 1.25 a flat. scared the nuts outa many a grey squirrel. Still have it and my kids are shooting it. Worth about what I paid for it but way more in sentimental value.

Borrowed my dad's guns for years. First one that was actually "mine" was my Grandpa's Remington 742 Woodsmaster 30-06. Great gun.

First rifle I purchased for myself is my Glenfield model 60 .22LR that I bought at Seattle's gun buyback for $60.

First rifle I researched, picked out, and bought for myself new from the store is my RRA Elite Operator 2 LAR-15.

I love all three of them. Don't know that I will ever sell any of them.

I don't know the model number but my first rifle was the Marlin/Glenfield semi-auto .22 with the tubular magazine under the barrel. Got it at Kmart in the mid 70's for $39.95 and still have it.

My first (self purchased) rifle:
A HiPoint 995 carbine.
Ive since sold her a few years back.. Ill admit, she was an ugly broad.. But she always worked. Ill purchase another one some day. Every time I watch "Planet of the apes" I want her again. So I think ill add her to my purchase list.

Just like with my mosin when I watch "Enemy at the Gates".
:)

10/22, again Bi-mart. I used to edit/type my buddies english papers for him in high school, so as payment he got me a cheapie Simmons scope, which the rifle still wears to this day. Love that rifle!

Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 .22lr. Still have it (and my brother's) to this day. Great .22, too bad it doesn't get quite as much attention as the 10/22.

When I turned 12 my Dad and Grandpa took me on a special trip to Sears and Roebuck. I got an Ithica single shot .22 which I still have. The first gun I bought with money I earned and paid for was a Marlin Glenfield semi auto .22 also which came with a scope for $29 - still got it too. My buddies got Ruger 1022's and Winchester .22 repeaters. Both of which I lusted for. I have them now - it's funny how old memories haunt you to the point finally acquiring this sort of thing even decades later

My 1st rifle:
In 1986 my landlord found in his basement a rusty rotten Lee Enfield missing parts that he was going to throw in the dumps. I asked for it and he gave it to me.

A friend found a bolt, re-blued it and set the trigger at 4lbs.
I put a ATI stock and a Bushnell scope on it.
I still have it. It is my #1 deer hunting rifle.

My 1st rifle:
In 1986 my landlord found in his basement a rusty rotten Lee Enfield missing parts that he was going to throw in the dumps. I asked for it and he gave it to me.

A friend found a bolt, re-blued it and set the trigger at 4lbs.
I put a ATI stock and a Bushnell scope on it.
I still have it. It is my #1 deer hunting rifle.

Nice rifle! Good you were there in the right place at the right time to rescue that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top