JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to fess up and correct my story on how I got my first rifle. I was about 12 and walking home from school when I spotted Chuck Norris all dressed in ninja black, headband and everything, carrying an M16 just like you see in the movies. As we got closer Chuck figured I was a fan and made like he was going to shake hands. I was a fan, but wanted to see if I could pull one over on him, so I went for the poke your belly trick.

If you have brothers you know what I'm talking about. So I go to poke his belly and he moved to block, but while his hands were still moving I went for the eye poke three stooges style. Chuck sees my move at the last minute, but he wasn't fast enough. He doubled up in pain while I nyuk, nyuk, nyuked and went for his belly again. Chuck went to Moe block his eyes not wanting to go two in a row as expected, so I went in for the belly poke just like Bruce Lee taught me.

Chuck might have been the best in the world, but that night my Nyuck Stooge Fu was better. That M16 is still buried in my back yard next to a dinosaur fossil and some pirate gold I found when I was 9. The end.

Holey smokes, I haven't seen this thread until now!!!!
First rifle I ever remember shooting was Dads Remington 512B
First rifle I ever hunted with was a Sporterised Krag 30/40
First rifle that I ever Owned was a Winchester Mod 52 Olympic Match that I still have, Was a gift from my Grand Dad who gave every one of his grand kids their first .22 rifle.
First firearm I ever bought on my own was a Colt 1911 SXE back before any paper work was needed, before a back ground check, and before a waiting period.
First hunting rifle I ever "bought" was a project 98 Mauser that Grand Dad and Grand Mom helped me customize into a super fine hunting rifle, .30/06 because that's all the rifle a real man ever needed ( that's what Grand Dad and Dad always said) and I hope to keep going as long as there are still guns to own and enjoy!

Wow...freaking hard to say. The first I've owned was a .22 KMart special but I never shot it and it was stolen. The next was a K98 and Type 99 Arisaka which came into my possession but I was never able to fire them and my wife forced me to sell them so she could have some cigarettes. The next was my Dad's sporterized Enfield which I had to sell for rent before I had a chance to shoot. My first purchase, which I still have and have shot, is a Mosin 91/30 from Bud's Gun Shop. I still have it and it was the first of my current collection.

My first rifle was a Ruger AR 556 that I bought on April 20, 2017. LoL
I couldn't find anything comparable with my budget, but I'm glad I took the chance on an AR. The Ruger is a lot of fun to shoot!

2017, year of the gun!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews