JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Savage 110(pre-accutrigger) This was the first rifle I bought. Paid 200.00 for it in the summer of 2003. Used it to take my first deer later that fall. A nice 3x3. It is wearing a 28'' barrel with a 1:9'' twist, a bushnel 3x9x40mm dawn to dusk.

My favorite reload recipe is:

150gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
63gr of IMR 4831
and according to the nosler reloading manual I own states a velocity of 3130FPS/3200FT/LBS. I do not know what it is with this bullet,powder combo for this rifle but it is very accurate. Before we started reloading for our 30.06 and 7mag we used Remington corelokts in 150gr. My home rolled 150's vs Remington corelokts:
Remington used for initial sight in dead on at 100yds. The nosler's were 1.5'' high at 100yds. I did not change a thing, lol. My step-dad wanted to bring it down to the bulls eye. I would not let him touch it for a very good reason. I am dead on, or close enough to it at 300.

I then used these two loadings at 800+/- yards, Wicked performance haha. Held about 8''-10'' high and actually shot high with the noslers.

camera 083.jpg

camera 084.jpg

6.5 jap that I paid $15.00 for. dad and i cut a penny into quarters and soldered it into the front sight, with a dab of solder for a bead. got a little forked horn with it that fall. it has been gone for a long time now. that would have been 1966

Bought a new Remington mdl 725 BDL .270 in 1961 and it served me well on everything from prairie dogs to moose for 20+ years. Sure wish I hadn't sold it.

Ruger, 10-22. I got it from Bi-Mart in Corvallis while in college. Took a friend with me who was from New Jersery. He was astounded by the fact we could by guns and groceries at the same time. We told him welcome to the free(er) world.

Well, technically it was a single-shot, bolt-action .22 with a stock that looked like it had been made from a fence post. We thought it was .22LR and when I fired it, the back of the case would blow-out and send small pieces of brass into my head. I've never been sure if it was just so loose/junky that the round didn't seat correctly, or if it was actually .22 Long or something. I was seven, so what did I know? It went back to my grandfather.

But, my first functioning rifle was a Marlin 60. I thought I was getting a 12ga shotgun, so it was a bit of a letdown. However, I still have it and enjoy shooting it.

The first rifle that was "all mine" was a Savage 160 Revelation .22 autoloader. It was an accurate gun, but not the most mechanically reliable. I didn't know about the proper use of Loctite back then, so the screws that adjusted the trigger would sometimes work loose, resulting in strings of full auto fire.

My first rifle was one my dad gave to me which his dad gave to him. It is a 1930's Springfield .22 Single Shot Bolt Action rifle and it comes apart into 3 pieces extremely easily. You remove the bolt assembly by pulling the trigger as you pull the bolt back and then unscrew on screw (which has a big thing which you can easily twist with your first finger and thumb). From what my brother-in-law told me, it is part of a special order that was done up for the National Boy Scouts of America organization back in the '30's. Not worth much but kinda cool.

First one was an early 1970s production 10-22 my dad bought, first one I bought/built was an AR15 that I still have. First production gun was probably my SKS that I paid $75 for.

Ive had access to several .22's since I was a little boy. My grandpa taught me how to shoot when I was really little. That savage has been with me for ten years. My first 22 rifle was a 10/22 paid 90.00 for it out of a pawn shop, but had to sell it. the second medium bore rifle I bought was an old Rossi single shot in 7mm-.08rem had to sell that one because my pick-up broke down and I was in between paydays.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top