JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1947 Remington 513SA, .22LR. Dad bought it new the month I was born. Given to me at age 10 (1958). 27" heavy barrel, Lyman diopter sights.

R5050d__29918.jpg
R5050b__19227.jpg

Still have it.

My first was a Ruger M77 7mm Remington Mag. I bought it from my uncle outfitted with a wide angle 4x Redfield. I think I paid $300 for it that took me 60 or so hours worth of slave labor at the time to earn. I was one proud kid. Thank god I-594 wasn't in place at the time, what kind of jackass sells a rifle to a 12 year old? 25 years later, it's still my baby. I've free-floated the barrel, replaced the sear, tuned the trigger, and gave the wood a facelift. She's a killer, and that's why I love her :D

A 9mm IMI Action Arms Uzi carbine from a gun shop on 1st Ave in downtown Seattle. I walked out of the store and down first Ave and nobody gave anything a second look. Try and do that today. The gun shop has long been pushed out 20 years ago. You can't have a gun shop in the middle of Libtard land.

my dad bought me a marlin model 60 for christmas( to my mothers chagrin) thirty yeaers later i still have it, and will never sell it. first rifle i bought myself was a ruger mini 14.

First rifle I ever shot was a Remington model 510 at Boy Scout camp.
First rifle that was mine was a M16A1 a gift as it were from my Uncle Sam ...
First rifle I ever bought was a Winchester 94 carbine from 1954.
First rifle I reach for when I want to go shooting or hunting is my Hawken copy made by Loren "Doc" Brown.
Andy

Those over/under guns are great, as a first rifle and shotty, survival/truck gun.
My dad has a .22lr/20G breakdown gun that stores in a leather case small enough to stash
in a medium suit case. He was a military pilot in WW2 and Korea, and flew privately
until he was 74. Always took the break down and a .44 mag Ruger.

glenfield model 25 that I inherited from my grandpa when he died when i was 10. still have it.

my son is 1 1/2 and his first rifle is a stevens 73y that a coworker gave to me in pieces. i really wish i had before and after pictures of the stock. its the first gun stock i ever refinished my self. it turned out excellent. next on the list is to bead blast the barrel and receiver and get it coated. or just leave it. its in OK shape. its a perfect first gun. everytime the bolt is opened the safety automatically turns on and its a single shot. not only will i teach him safety, his gun will force the habit. i cant wait to give it to him when hes ready.

Since you said "rifle", I cannot count the Daisy Cub I got when I was five (smoothbore).
So: Here it is:
View attachment 163644

Winchester Model 67A Single Shot Bolt Action Boy's Rifle (given to me by my father, when I was six.) Still one of the most accurate rifles I've ever shot. For the first few years, the only shells I was allowed were .22 Short Hollowpoints (I fed the family regularly with Nevada Cottontails). Back then, Shorts were actually cheaper than Long Rifle ammo (35c vs 50c). I think Dad also figured if I screwed up and shot him, he'd probably survive at least long enough to hurt me more than I hurt him.

Dad liked the feature that you actually have to cock the striker AFTER you close the bolt: At the age of six, my hands were not strong enough to grip it hard enough to accomplish this (strong firing pin spring). Dad had to cock it for me (a great safety feature). I practiced and practiced trying to pull that striker back until my hand shook. Finally (I think when I was almost seven), I developed a technique and the strength to cock it myself. This gun is solely responsible for teaching me:

1) Take your time, squeeze the trigger.
2) Make the first shot count.
3) Place the bullet perfectly: a wounded animal will make you cry (and you don't want Dad to see you cry).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top