JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was 7 when my father gifted to me IZH 18 12ga 34'' barrel and cut off bud stock to fit me. That was my first duck/hare gun for about 5 years. I remember it kick like semi-truck, leaving me couple of times with split lips.

Iirc the first rifle I bought was a nib 10/22. Still have it. Stainless/synthetic with a 4 power scope on see through rings, sling, and that's it.
Second was a mini30.

My first rifle I was given was a Winchester Model 69 (model may be number wrong) marked Sears and Roebuck.

The first rifle I bought was a DPMS LR308 AP4, I sold it to another forum member and now I'm piecing together it's replacement from a stripped lower.

Marlin model 60 (western field) 49.99 I picked berries that summer for 1.25 a flat. scared the nuts outa many a grey squirrel. Still have it and my kids are shooting it. Worth about what I paid for it but way more in sentimental value.

Borrowed my dad's guns for years. First one that was actually "mine" was my Grandpa's Remington 742 Woodsmaster 30-06. Great gun.

First rifle I purchased for myself is my Glenfield model 60 .22LR that I bought at Seattle's gun buyback for $60.

First rifle I researched, picked out, and bought for myself new from the store is my RRA Elite Operator 2 LAR-15.

I love all three of them. Don't know that I will ever sell any of them.

I don't know the model number but my first rifle was the Marlin/Glenfield semi-auto .22 with the tubular magazine under the barrel. Got it at Kmart in the mid 70's for $39.95 and still have it.

My first (self purchased) rifle:
A HiPoint 995 carbine.
Ive since sold her a few years back.. Ill admit, she was an ugly broad.. But she always worked. Ill purchase another one some day. Every time I watch "Planet of the apes" I want her again. So I think ill add her to my purchase list.

Just like with my mosin when I watch "Enemy at the Gates".
:)

10/22, again Bi-mart. I used to edit/type my buddies english papers for him in high school, so as payment he got me a cheapie Simmons scope, which the rifle still wears to this day. Love that rifle!

Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 .22lr. Still have it (and my brother's) to this day. Great .22, too bad it doesn't get quite as much attention as the 10/22.

When I turned 12 my Dad and Grandpa took me on a special trip to Sears and Roebuck. I got an Ithica single shot .22 which I still have. The first gun I bought with money I earned and paid for was a Marlin Glenfield semi auto .22 also which came with a scope for $29 - still got it too. My buddies got Ruger 1022's and Winchester .22 repeaters. Both of which I lusted for. I have them now - it's funny how old memories haunt you to the point finally acquiring this sort of thing even decades later

My 1st rifle:
In 1986 my landlord found in his basement a rusty rotten Lee Enfield missing parts that he was going to throw in the dumps. I asked for it and he gave it to me.

A friend found a bolt, re-blued it and set the trigger at 4lbs.
I put a ATI stock and a Bushnell scope on it.
I still have it. It is my #1 deer hunting rifle.

My 1st rifle:
In 1986 my landlord found in his basement a rusty rotten Lee Enfield missing parts that he was going to throw in the dumps. I asked for it and he gave it to me.

A friend found a bolt, re-blued it and set the trigger at 4lbs.
I put a ATI stock and a Bushnell scope on it.
I still have it. It is my #1 deer hunting rifle.

Nice rifle! Good you were there in the right place at the right time to rescue that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top