JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since you said "rifle", I cannot count the Daisy Cub I got when I was five (smoothbore).
So: Here it is:
P5160052.jpg

Winchester Model 67A Single Shot Bolt Action Boy's Rifle (given to me by my father, when I was six.) Still one of the most accurate rifles I've ever shot. For the first few years, the only shells I was allowed were .22 Short Hollowpoints (I fed the family regularly with Nevada Cottontails). Back then, Shorts were actually cheaper than Long Rifle ammo (35c vs 50c). I think Dad also figured if I screwed up and shot him, he'd probably survive at least long enough to hurt me more than I hurt him.

Dad liked the feature that you actually have to cock the striker AFTER you close the bolt: At the age of six, my hands were not strong enough to grip it hard enough to accomplish this (strong firing pin spring). Dad had to cock it for me (a great safety feature). I practiced and practiced trying to pull that striker back until my hand shook. Finally (I think when I was almost seven), I developed a technique and the strength to cock it myself. This gun is solely responsible for teaching me:

1) Take your time, squeeze the trigger.
2) Make the first shot count.
3) Place the bullet perfectly: a wounded animal will make you cry (and you don't want Dad to see you cry).

Great post. My first rifle was a 67. My best firend's was a 67A. In Jr High we used them with great effect!

Mine was a Ruger 10/22..... It was an amazing rifle... I wish I still had it... But I just don't want to buy a new one, and take up a valuable real estate in the gun safe...

10/22 here as well. My dad gave it to me when I was 6 or 7. To be honest it's probably my favorite rifle that I own to this day, super cheap and fun to shoot, sentimental value, eats up every type of ammo I can throw at it, etc. Love it!

My first rifle was (is) a 1917 Remington model 12 octagonal 22 pump. Was my great grandpa's. It resides in my dads gun case because he's still so proud of it. I bought a 1918 same model years ago as a substitute because it's such a dream to shoot. The old adage "they don't make 'em like that anymore " , it's true. If I told my dad I bought another one, he'd be pissed.

My first was a Colt AR7 purchased from GI Joes in 1972 for $69.00 it was the best little 22 I have ever owned. In High School I used it on the Clackamas High Riflery Team, I out shot just about everyone with a 2.5 pound survival rifle! It was great! Got some pretty strange looks on the range way back then.

My first gun given to me was a Remington 514 "Boys Rifle" single shot in 1964. Still have it. First deer rifle given to me was a .303 British given to me in 1966. First rifle I purchased was a Browning T-Bolt in 1970. Wish I still had it.

mine was actually a Bushmaster AR15 back in 99. it was also stolen when left in the care of a supposed friend when I went to Boot camp. pretty damn sure that was a lie on his part.....

Remington 722 .257 Roberts. Still use it now and then. :) Bedded, floated, Timney trigger. Weaver K6 scope. Still working on my never ending supply of Herter's 87gr. HP's and 100 gr. spitzers.

Remington 722 .257 Roberts. Still use it now and then. :) Bedded, floated, Timney trigger. Weaver K6 scope. Still working on my never ending supply of Herter's 87gr. HP's and 100 gr. spitzers.

I have the same model and caliber. New Remington replacement stock, bedded, model 700 trigger and a Vari-X ll scope.
It's the only rifle I own that will clover leaf five rounds at 100 yds.

Old re-branded Savage Model 3 .22 from my Grandpa.. still has the paper under the rear slightly cocked (Elev and Windage adjustment) sights.. went out shooting it today outside Goldbar on
FS6200 @ about 1470' elevation.. nice little pit, but next time we go there.. clean up party getting organized.. sure we could fill 6 garbage cans of used up shotty casings..

.. it's a mess right now.. we'll make it better and leave a sign for the guys who don't give a bubblegum..

.. dead on @ 90 yds.. and a blast to shoot, bolt action single shot.. took an old shotgun husk off the top of a stick without a problem.. :cool: Trigger pull on it is so smooth..

Had some friends along for some fun.. Colt 44mag "Anaconda" Stainless, a few newer M&P automatics, a Ruger LC9.. a scoped
Ruger 10/22, and a Mossberg 590A1 shotgun.. got sun burned..

Remington Model 581 .22lr on my 10th birthday, 46 years ago tomorrow. I'd already had the course and had done some shooting on our blueberry farm with my much older brothers. One had a tube fed semi auto, pretty cool, maybe a Rem. my other brother liked cowboys so his 22 was a lever action tube fed. My brand new 581 had a 5 shot plastic clip. Still have it although I put a Burris 3x9 BDC 22 custom scope on it when I was in my 20.s Remington bolt actions back in the day were pretty sweet. It is still a tack driver.

:s0155:
Brutus out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews