JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I got back to the united states after being overseas for 2 years, I went to a lgs to purchase a
Ss 1911 para ordnance .45 acp
great gun, I miss it...

Define "Adult"

That was my question too. When I became an adult, the law said I had to be 21, not 18. That came later when I was in my mid or late 20s....

My first gun purchase, at 19, was a new Winchester Model 94, 30-30....from Sears, for $79.
When I was 20, I bought a new Marlin Model 60, with a 4X scope included, for $42.50.
At 21, when I could then legally buy a handgun, I purchased a new Ruger Single Six, with xtra Mag. cyl. for $69. Those were all retail prices, of course.
I've made some great buys over the years since ....and remember the price I've paid for all of them and the location of purchase.

As I recall ,it was May of 1962. I ordered an Astra 600 from an ad on the back page
of American Rifleman, a mear $24.99 and took about 10 days to reach my mail box.
It turned out to be a fair shooter in excellent condition, an extra magazine and very
fine black leather military holster.

............................ Jack

As I recall ,it was May of 1962. I ordered an Astra 600 from an ad on the back page
of American Rifleman, a mear $24.99 and took about 10 days to reach my mail box.
It turned out to be a fair shooter in excellent condition, an extra magazine and very
fine black leather military holster.

............................ Jack
Man.............those were the days!

A guy could do the same thing with the Monkey Wards , Sears, and other catalogs.

First one I ever bought for myself, was a .357 magnum Taurus. Loved that little hand cannon. That was 30 some years ago. Then a Rem 870 shotgun, then a 10/22, then well...... it goes on and on......

Growing up, my grandfather had a Colt Huntsman he bought about a year before he died. It was unfired in box. I coveted that gun, I wanted that gun, but when grandma divvied up his guns several years after his death, I took his S&W first model K-22 Outdoorsman I had learned to shoot on. Another relative took the Huntsman and they were sure they had got the better deal. Right after I could start buying guns, I was in a sporting goods store that carried used handguns. I saw three Woodsman/Huntsmans in a case. Two were expensive (for the time), one was about half the price of the others. It had some blueing loss on the barrel. Other than that, it was perfect. I just shot it last week.
2015-07-18_Huntsman_25ft.jpg

Hedrin, I just passed on the 1st .22 rifle I ever shot to my youngest daughters 1st born child, it was given to me by my Grandfather when I turned 10. I thought it was only fitting to pass it on to his great-great grandchild.
Those are the things that a man keeps for just such occasions.

Radom P64...had been wanting one for a long time. When I hit 21, pulled the trigger on the purchase.
Sold it a few years later since i didn't shoot it much and it was a pain trying to find 9mm Makarov locally in LA.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top