JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first gun buy was a sighauer (sp) .22/22mag single action revolver. It has two cylinders. I bought this gun back in 1968. I was afraid to buy a holster in fear I would shoot my foot off trying to do a fast draw like John Wayne. My second purchase was around 1980 buying a colt AR15.

I grew up shooting but never hunted because my Dad didn't hunt. I went to a relatively conservative college and became interested in hunting because it was widely accepted and there was a lot of opportunity. I saved money for three months to buy a Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 and a Leupold VXII 3-9x40. I killed my first deer and elk with that rifle. I then bought a Remington 870 to hunt pheasants and other upland birds. I became so ate up with hunting that my Dad also became interested in it. We hunted for years after that until he couldn't get around well enough. He still came to camp though. He makes a mean bacon and egg sandwich.

Got of the USAF Security Police in August 1971 and in Sept 71 started working for a private security patrol company. Bought a S&W Mdl 15 4" Combat Masterpiece 38 to use. Nov 71 started working for Sou Pacific RR Police. same revolver. Jan 73 started with a San Francisco Bay Area PD and traded the Mdl 15 in for a Mdl 19 357. All done at Hogan's Guns, Pleasant Hill,CA.

My first was a Marlin 36c in 30-30, from box store in Maryland in 1989. Then I found out I couldn't hunt with it there. Did not get to hunt with it until alaska. Still have it it is my only hunting rifle and I don't need any other.

I think I posted this before, but not sure I included a pic...

...this .30-30...

DSCN2195.JPG DSCN2198.JPG

...Winchester Model 94 made around 1979.
Bought it locally from a newspaper ad (remember those?) around 1989.
Sold it just last year to a friend I work with.

Dean

Hmmm, can't remember if I responded to this thread before, and I'm not going to dig through 450+ posts to find out. So, I'll start again.

First purchase as an adult was the Ruger P89, back in 1994. I carried that beast on and off for years, more off than on because of the size and weight and not having a holster I was happy with. But I always liked that gun as it was fully reliable, accurate and shot very smoothly.

Second gun was a Ruger SP101 in .357mag with a 3" barrel which is really the wife's nightstand gun.

Of the two, we still have the SP101, but the P89 moved on a few years ago to make way for my M&P 9c, which is now carried every day, every time I leave the house. So much easier to carry and only 3 rounds less than the P89.

Unconfirmed reports indicate I may have purchased one or two more guns since that time.

wm_6683003.jpg

Ruger-SP101.jpg

My first gun I bought as an adult was a Winchester model 70 Featherweight in .308 , made in 1958.
Excellent rifle ... but long since traded for a flintlock.
( which could be sad or good depending on your outlook) :D
Andy

A single shot 12 ga. shotgun, think it was an Iver Johnson, at the ripe old age of 18. That was in the days before background checks were even a remote thought. You just laid down your money and walked out the door. And in California, believe it or not! Shot a lot of bunnies and birds with that gun. Think I might have missed a few too, but I don't remember that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top