JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First pistol: Ruger Redhawk after unexpectedly running into a bear on a steep trail miles from the trail head I decided I needed an option.

First rifle: Ruger M77 lightweight in .257 Roberts.

Sks at the gun show at the Portland expo center for 269. That was the going rate and I was pumped.

I'm sure some of you guys remember getting them for 75 bucks (or less) i am too young to have been around for that, but I am now keeling my eye out for the next "cheap gun" So I can flip 20 of them 10 years later and make a killing. Seems like a good way to fight inflation.

Sks at the gun show at the Portland expo center for 269. That was the going rate and I was pumped.

I'm sure some of you guys remember getting them for 75 bucks (or less) i am too young to have been around for that, but I am now keeling my eye out for the next "cheap gun" So I can flip 20 of them 10 years later and make a killing. Seems like a good way to fight inflation.

Yep Us old guys got to buy them for under a $100. Those were the days. I loved that thing, Sold it for 200 bucks. Loved the money more I guess.

Sks's for $100.
Mosin's for $59.95
H&R singles for <$50
Rossi .22 pumps for $100 & a box of shells were like $1.50.

...and we thought it would never end.

Rossi 971 4 inch .357 mag. Loved it then and love it now. Still could get one for under 300 and I have put thousand of rounds through it. Only issue ever was the rear sight screw losing its thread. I can live with a 2 minute fix for that price and that much ammo through it.

I wasn't an adult, but I did buy it myself........I was in 7th grade(1960-61) and one of my classmates had a 9 shot .22 revolver he wanted to get rid of. I bought it from him "in school". It came to school on the bus with him in a brown paper bag and it went home with me in that same bag. Believe it or not I had to walk to school almost a WHOLE mile and walk home the same route. Lots of things were VERY different in those days, in more ways than one. When my Dad got home I showed him my "prize" and he said, "I'll get you some shells for that."

I think it was an H&R but I'm not sure, it's long gone. Probably traded on something else.

I should have added this to begin with. By the time I was 20(1968) I had bought the following and I don't recall my Dad going with me to get any of them except the Mossberg. And I was 13 then.
Mossberg 20 guage bolt action shotgun
Fox model B 12 guage SXS
1894 Winchester 25-35 Takedown
Springfield 1903(this I still in my possession, but it's 308 Norma mag sporter....cut up before I got it and I actually only bought it for the action, paid $25.
Ruger 44 mag. carbine
Remington Nylon 66
Ruger 10/22
L.C.Smth 2E 16 guage
Chech VZ24 Mauser

Last Edited:
7-1/2" Ruger .44 mag at the old Valu-Mart in Georgetown. $96.50. Bought it on lay-away and it took me six months to pay it off and take it home (Talk about your waiting period!!!)

I still have it. It's been everywhere from Vietnam to Alaska. Turns out it is the rarest Blackhawk variation to have been produced (according to several books). Only 750 made. That excludes the one-offs and customs, of course.

Small03.jpg

Bought my Colt Combat Elite 1911 in 1987. I've done a bit of work on her including top drawer Wilson Combat parts (hammer, trigger, beaver tail, and the guts you can't see, Hogue Magrip piranha grips with arched mainspring housing (had them install the Colt medallions for me), Trijicon HD night sights. Trigger breaks clean at 4 lbs 3 oz.

img_0049-jpg.221738.jpg

My sons both graduated college in 2011 (one was on the longer term plan :cool:). As part of their graduation gift I got them each a 1911 to commemorate their accomplishment and because of the 100 year anniversary of John Moses Browning's creation.

This is my Older son's Colt Delta Elite in 10mm. I had his nickname "AJ" (his initials) made into a custom grip by Hogue.
IMG_1417.JPG

This is my younger son's 1911. He's more into bling so I got him this WWII commemorative Colt 1911 in nickel with all of the European battles engraved in the slide on each side. Found the pearl grips and had Hogue install the Colt medallions.
IMG_1419.JPG

I didn't actually buy a gun myself until I was in my early 30s. Grew up with dozens, and had one given to me, but never actually bought one. Decided that I needed a .22 to go plinking and start iron sight instructions with my two young boys. I almost bought and built a 10/22, but once I realized my build was going to top $500 bucks, I just gave up and bought a Sig 522 Classic for $459. Turned out to be a great idea. More reliable than any 10/22 I've ever used, Black Dogs mags which are fantastic (and often available for 10 bucks) and just a cool little rifle. Just shy of 10k through it now, though the rate has slowed drastically since the great .22 drought began. Another brick will take it over the top, I suppose I'll finally change the factory recoil spring :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top