JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What to purchase in case 114 passes

A home in another state.
Pretty much this. Long(er) term plans involve leaving this sinking ship. The proposed 114 is crap; the fact it is even being voted on speaks volumes.

Other than an NFA item that is taking an unholy amount of time (even by the standards of that process) to complete, we're essentially done for the foreseeable future, both acquisitions and jettisoning items. Bases are covered, so I don't see any point in making any major changes.

OP - All I can do is relate my experience as a Washington resident after I-1639 mandated training and made EVERY semi auto rifle an "assault weapon". I decided to (panic?) buy every semi auto rifle I thought I would need (I already had an AR, Garand, and SKS). I bought a Colt SP-1, an m1 carbine, and a Browning take down 22 auto. I have since sold all three. Didn't even fire the SP-1. I didn't HAVE to sell them, of course. Just found other guns I wanted worse. I have also bought a TON of spare parts over the years that I have never used or needed. Didn't make any money on the SP-1 or carbine and lost money on the Browning. So I would definitely put some thought into things and remember that buying ammunition is very seldom the wrong move.

OP - All I can do is relate my experience as a Washington resident after I-1639 mandated training and made EVERY semi auto rifle an "assault weapon". I decided to (panic?) buy every semi auto rifle I thought I would need (I already had an AR, Garand, and SKS). I bought a Colt SP-1, an m1 carbine, and a Browning take down 22 auto. I have since sold all three. Didn't even fire the SP-1. I didn't HAVE to sell them, of course. Just found other guns I wanted worse. I have also bought a TON of spare parts over the years that I have never used or needed. Didn't make any money on the SP-1 or carbine and lost money on the Browning. So I would definitely put some thought into things and remember that buying ammunition is very seldom the wrong move.
Well I've been thinking of what to purchase, and at this point, I feel that buying a full size, mags, and a few recievers should be fine since the shotgun I want will still be around minus the extended mag that I can purchase now

If you have to stay, buy what you want. If you can leave, home repairs to sell your home. That's where I am. I am hoping my SWD M11/9 clears before this takes effect. I took the magazine home already so that won't be a problem. I fully expect it to pass.

I bought a few little, "that might be fun"" things, but other than that, I have all my bases covered like CountryGent.

When it switches I'll continue to carry the same load out I have for the past decade.
...and no worries!! You're secret is safe. No one is going to show anyone what your long time carry is... or if it does or does not hold more than 10rds.

1666903413610.png

OOpppps!!

I feel the same way but believe more pro 2a voters will come out this year due to the measure.
Lots of wishful thinking there. No matter how many 2A voters turn out, they are vastly outnumbered.

Our experience in Wash. a couple of times on similar ballot issues suggests a passing rate of about 60%. The major metro population concentrations decide the vote. I just ran a simple model of Portland vs. the rest of Ore, using 75% and 25% for, respectively, and got around 50/50 split. But that generalization doesn't hold in places like Eugene/Springfield, which will almost surely vote way more than 25% yes. Along with other non-Portland towns. There could be some surprises, though. The decline of law and order in Portland might override some non-gun owning voters' usual response and incline them to vote no. Probably not enough.

The thing is, 2A voters are potentially and roughly 40% of the population based on ownership. The other 60% don't have a dog in the fight, they will vote for most anti-gun issues because they don't see the harm in it. Said another way, by not owning guns, they don't see a downside. They only see an upside in the safety aspect.

IF 114 passes, will revolvers go up in price and demand or will people settle for a 10 round semi?
Likely, yes. I will more than likely join the wheel gun and suspenders crowd and change out all my hunting rifle stocks to wood, too. In all seriousness, though, the 1911 is once again proving it's worth

Likely, yes. I will more than likely join the wheel gun and suspenders crowd and change out all my hunting rifle stocks to wood, too. In all seriousness, though, the 1911 is once again proving it's worth
This bill will make being a "fudd" cool again. Haha.

I would recommend receivers and mags. If you're handy and comfortable with assembling your own, stripped receivers are the way to go - you can get several for the cost of one complete receiver.

Write out a list of controlled or restricted guns you intend to acquire over the next X years (pick a length of time that is meaningful to you) and prioritize purchases of mags and/or receivers related to those. I would focus on less common mags first and work back to mags you can find in any gun shop in America. For example, I intend to buy some more exotic guns (TommyBuilt TG36, Steyr AUG, MP5K clone, etc) in the next few years, so I bought mags for those before WA's ban was passed. Now I can buy the guns whenever and not worry about having to live with neutered mags. Worst case scenario if times get tough I can sell them on GunBroker to folks in other states.

Also don't forget to make sure you have enough in your current inventory as well. My default is 5 mags per gun at minimum, preferably more if possible, but it's a personal choice, so do what is right for your individual needs.

The smallest gun (other than my J frame revolver) I own holds 17+1 rounds. I'm not carrying my revolver unless my clothing/event FORCES me to do so.

On a practical note, how about a large bottle of Tylenol and your favorite adult drink! I too fear 114 will pass but this is my plan for after election sanity and calm. Everyone over here that I know is "NO" on 114. With large bottles of both we can console one another as we squirrel stuff away :s0058:

I would recommend receivers and mags. If you're handy and comfortable with assembling your own, stripped receivers are the way to go - you can get several for the cost of one complete receiver.

Write out a list of controlled or restricted guns you intend to acquire over the next X years (pick a length of time that is meaningful to you) and prioritize purchases of mags and/or receivers related to those. I would focus on less common mags first and work back to mags you can find in any gun shop in America. For example, I intend to buy some more exotic guns (TommyBuilt TG36, Steyr AUG, MP5K clone, etc) in the next few years, so I bought mags for those before WA's ban was passed. Now I can buy the guns whenever and not worry about having to live with neutered mags. Worst case scenario if times get tough I can sell them on GunBroker to folks in other states.

Also don't forget to make sure you have enough in your current inventory as well. My default is 5 mags per gun at minimum, preferably more if possible, but it's a personal choice, so do what is right for your individual needs.
I have a pack of receivers coming in soon, but haven't considered exotic. I'm been currently at 8 per but will easily be purchasing more soon.

On a practical note, how about a large bottle of Tylenol and your favorite adult drink! I too fear 114 will pass but this is my plan for after election sanity and calm. Everyone over here that I know is "NO" on 114. With large bottles of both we can console one another as we squirrel stuff away :s0058:
I'll be having surgery next week and getting some stronger stuff so I'll be good for a few weeks 😂😂😂

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top