Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What the...?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by teflon97239, Oct 14, 2013.

1. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Okay, both boxes appear to be about the same size. In fact, at a glance, the red one seems a bit bigger than the green one.

But clean your bifocals and look closely at the numbers on the boxes. What kind of dickcheesery is this???

Actually, Bi-Mart clerks finally get it now and have begun calling them 40's not 50's...
    Today.

With retailers enforcing arbitrary box-limits per-customer, I regard Federal/American Eagle's wasteful little plastic holder ("fluffing up" a scant product to make it seem like 50) as lame.

Just as lame as the jive*ss career politicians who caused this whole ammo panic in the first place. "Buyer Beware" across the board.

photo1_zpsc635ff2d.jpg
    photo2_zpscb554ff3.jpg

2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Good post. Yeah, they are really making it hard to see the round count on lots of ammo packaging. I think it's purposeful.

Brutus out

3. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The government didn't cause the shortage. Panic buying people did.

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

You have to watch out with packaging with lots of things. I seem to remember some of the 22lr bulk packs shrunk a year or two ago.

5. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

...yeah, in response to nothing.

6. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Kind of cheesy, yeah. At least a brick of that Federal is still 1000 rounds, just more boxes.

A while back I thought I was getting a great deal on some energy bars that I like. Saw them on Amazon and ordered a case. There were the right number of bars in the case when it came but they were smaller than the ones in the store. It did list the individual weight in the description, and I will read them more carefully in the future, but geez what the frig.

7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

There is Never a response to nothing. Response is always related to something.
    The occupant of the WH now is as good of a reason as there is.

8. U201491

A brick of the American Eagle is 400

9. Provincial

Provincial Near Salem, OR Well-Known Member

American Eagle 38 grain hollow points are 40 per box. American Eagle 40 grain solid nose are 50 per box - I bought a brick a few weeks ago. :)

10. U201491

Yeah, Wish I had solids for all these damned HP's
    That's all that seems to be out there anymore.

11. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Wow, I couldn't have been more wrong on that one, could I? I'll blame it on the 40 gr solids (which I pretty much never buy, so...)