JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
I have a Nodak Spud Mod: NDS-2T. Its 5.45x39 cal. -- got this in a storage unit and I dont know much about them. Looks to be in nice condition. I was wondering if this is a keeper? Should I try to sell? I have NO IDEA what its worth....any insight or experiences would really be appriciated. Thank you.

Do you have ALL of the parts to assemble it?

Rrrright......it's no good without parts to assemble it.
So then......

UP TO YOU.

Aloha, Mark

PS........I have a Century built (Bulgarian parts) AK-74. Built using a NDS-2 receiver. It shoot as well as any other.

BTW.....got ammo? Rrrrrrright.....check the prices (unless you have a stockpile of surplus).

Last Edited:
NoDak Spud was bought by JJE as the nucleus to rebuild Harrington & Richardson around. I had one of the last orders out the door, and Harlan told me his impression was Mike was being brought in to crack the whip and maintain tight QC, make H&R a Lexus compared to PSA's Toyota.

It is worth $75 or so. People have moved on from NDS to Childers or Recreator receivers. As mentioned, you can build a standard 74 on it but you need a kit and tools.

Do you have ALL of the parts to assemble it?

Rrrright......it's no good without parts to assemble it.
So then......

UP TO YOU.

Aloha, Mark

PS........I have a Century built (Bulgarian parts) AK-74. Built using a NDS-2 receiver. It shoot as well as any other.

BTW.....got ammo? Rrrrrrright.....check the prices (unless you have a stockpile of surplus).
Its complete. The wood stocks have some minor scratches and de varnishing. All the metal is pretty much perfect. As it turns out, I DO have a bunch of the 7.62x39mm. Wanna buy some??

It is worth $75 or so. People have moved on from NDS to Childers or Recreator receivers. As mentioned, you can build a standard 74 on it but you need a kit and tools.
$75 bucks??? Lmao. This rifle is complete. In really excellent condition in a case. The biggest issue it has is the wood stock shows some ( minor) wear. That sounds a little low....thanks for the input though.

$75 bucks??? Lmao. This rifle is complete. In really excellent condition in a case. The biggest issue it has is the wood stock shows some ( minor) wear. That sounds a little low....thanks for the input though.
You didn't specify that it's a complete rifle,.only that it's a Nodak Spud NDS-2T with markings for 5.45x39. People assumed you have one of their receivers to build on 11421488_01_2_nodak_spud_nds_3_ak_receiver_640.jpg

sunsurp08,
As far as I know, NoDak only produced receivers for home builders to assemble their surplus AK kits with. They made many variations and I used a few on some of my first AK projects. I had no issues with their products. The value of your rifle is dependent on the tools, skills and abilities of the individual that did the assembly. Could be very good.....or very, very bad. Also, the nationality of the kit used will determine value. Polish, Bulgarian or Russian? Fixed stock or sidefolder? I even built a Bulgarian 5.45 on a NoDak underfolder for a variation never factory produced to my knowledge. Perhaps you could post some pictures of the details of your rifle so we might be able to answer some of your questions. I would wager pogi was quoting a price for a bare receiver not a built rifle.

P6041466-1 (2).jpg P7291925.JPG

Last Edited:
Thing is there are no private sale guns in many areas covered by this site--your AK is likely worth almost $1k in a private sale in AZ

Have you checked out www.southwestfirearms.com

Uggghh. Im sorry. Im old. I keep mixing up the 5.45x39 with 7.62x39 --- this spud is 5.45. Also, Im embarrassed to say I dont know how to post a picture here?

sunsurp08,
As far as I know, NoDak only produced receivers for home builders to assemble their surplus AK kits with. They made many variations and I used a few on some of my first AK projects. I had no issues with their products. The value of your rifle is dependent on the tools, skills and abilities of the individual that did the assembly. Could be very good.....or very, very bad. Also, the nationality of the kit used will determine value. Polish, Bulgarian or Russian? Fixed stock or sidefolder? Perhaps you could post some pictures of the detail of your rifle so we might be able to answer some of your questions. I would wager pogi was quoting a price for a bare receiver not a built rifle.

View attachment 1782763
As an FFL, many times I sold nice AK-47's with the Nodak Spud receivers, they were known to be heavier gauge than the Century Arms builds

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews