JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20231211_164652.jpg

sunsurp08,
As far as I know, NoDak only produced receivers for home builders to assemble their surplus AK kits with. They made many variations and I used a few on some of my first AK projects. I had no issues with their products. The value of your rifle is dependent on the tools, skills and abilities of the individual that did the assembly. Could be very good.....or very, very bad. Also, the nationality of the kit used will determine value. Polish, Bulgarian or Russian? Fixed stock or sidefolder? I even built a Bulgarian 5.45 on a NoDak underfolder for a variation never factory produced to my knowledge. Perhaps you could post some pictures of the details of your rifle so we might be able to answer some of your questions. I would wager pogi was quoting a price for a bare receiver not a built rifle.

View attachment 1782763 View attachment 1782779

Yup.......

1702695471731.png

As I recall.....No Dak Spud marked their receivers differently for the various brands of parts kits that were commonly available (at the time).

Aloha, Mark

PS.......I have no idea which parts kit was assembled using the NDS-21 receiver. Here is mine for a comparison.

1702695986491.png

The guy I bought it from said that the Century guys built it utilizing a Bulgarian parts kit. And Yup.....the parts looks like they are Bulgarian and it works just fine. No bullet tumbling with mine.

What's your gun worth?

Yeah......probably a little more than my graduation diploma from The Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing. And BTW, here is a picture of a Century gunsmith at his work bench (working on another project).

Century_Gunsmith.jpg

Last Edited:
Yup, that a US made NoDak receiver but that"s all it tells us. If you could take a pic of the side profile, trunion markings, barrel markings and flash hider detail it could tell nation of origin.
Thank you. I will but I wont be able to do it until tommorrow. Its in storage unfortunately. LOL> My wife is Very anti gun and I dont have a shop, so storage it is for my stuff!

BEWARE of the Polish Tantal.

Mind you that.....NOT ALL of the Polish Tantals had problems. Shoot it yourself to check if you have a "problem child".

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
$75 bucks??? Lmao. This rifle is complete. In really excellent condition in a case. The biggest issue it has is the wood stock shows some ( minor) wear. That sounds a little low....thanks for the input though.
Pertinent info goes a long way, you should have included that in your post.

Last Edited:
Yup.......

View attachment 1782782

As I recall.....No Dak Spud marked their receivers differently for the various brands of parts kits that were commonly available (at the time).

Aloha, Mark

PS.......I have no idea which parts kit was assembled using the NDS-21 receiver. Here is mine for a comparison.

View attachment 1782791

The guy I bought it from said that the Century guys built it utilizing a Bulgarian parts kit. And Yup.....the parts looks like they are Bulgarian and it works just fine. No bullet tumbling with mine.

What's your gun worth?

Yeah......probably a little more than my graduation diploma from The Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing. And BTW, here is a picture of a Century gunsmith at his work bench (working on another project).

View attachment 1782796
LMAO! Thank you....mine doesnt say Century anywhere-- I guess that could be good or bad.

Yeah.....Century (made mine) put it all together (aka : made, assembled, manufactured).

Century didn't MAKE the receiver. No Dak Spud made the receiver. The parts kits were attached to the receiver and thus, the rifle was "made," (aka : completed) to be sold to the public (ready to go) as a Century made/built rifle.

In OTHER CASES......
People bought their own receivers or sometimes made their own/bent their own sheet metal, etc..... than assembled the parts kits on to them. Thus (perhaps) your example is not marked with Century (or some other manufacturer's name) as the manufacturer/maker of the rifle. Of course.....if you purchased enough receivers. No Dak Spud would probably have been glad to put your company name on it (as the manufacture of the rifle).

The variation in the receiver marking (in my case, ND-2) was to differentiate the correct kit (from what country) to use, in order to build a complete rifle.

In other words......
IF, your parts kit was from Egypt use this receiver numbered _______ .
IF, your parts kit was from Yugoslavia use this receiver numbered ________ .
IF, your parts kit was from Bulgaria use this receiver numbered __ND-2___ .
IF, your parts kit was from E. Germany use this receiver numbered ________ .
IF, your parts kit is from _______ and you want a side fold stock use receiver numbered _______ or ______ for the underfolder stock.

Rrrrright....... See how that works. Sorry, I don't have the complete chart, to show everyone. Though, (years ago) that information use to be on their web/sales site.

No Dak Spud was just one company that offered pre-made/pre-bent/serial numbered receivers to the home assemblers/parts kit builders.

Sort of like how various makers of completed AR-15 lowers are offered for sale to a home builder/assembler today. But of course, the AR specs are BETTER and (generally) the parts don't/won't vary from country to country.

Which leads me to ask......
Not speaking of the 80% jobs. Is an AR lower more difficult to machine, drill, etc..... out of a block of aluminum vs using a template to cut, bend, drill holes, heat treat, etc..... on one's own sheet metal in order to make a receiver? And of course, you still need to assemble the parts on to it.

Whatever.....you can decide how you want to roll.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
More (to think about)?

So yeah.....value "depends" (can vary with) on the person/company that assembled it. And how much of a "stickler" you are if you're the buyer.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews