JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a new AP5-P before the election (MP-5K). Yesterday, I found the MKE produced MP-5 magazines for $40.00 at Gun Mag Warehouse. They also had a 10 pack of 5.56 Pmags so I grabbed one of those as well even though I really don't need anymore. Someone will eventually.

This morning, I am going to do a full inventory. I have never done that before with magazines. I realized this morning that I am light on VP-9 magazines, so I'll order up some more of those and whatever else I find lacking.

-E-

I got a bunch of AK , AR , Scorpion, Vector , Glock mags. Honestly this 10 round ban has made me reassess my carry gun. I will still likely carry my Glock 17 mos but it stands to reason if you can only hold ten round should people be carrying these .40 , 45 , 10mm guns? I still love my 9mms but people like to buy 9s because they hold more round but.. if we are talking same capacity for every gun now would you rather have 10 rounds of 9mm or 10 rounds of any of the three calibers I listed? clearly there are way more calibers just used those top three as an example.

Some SIG 226 & 2022 mags. Turns out after I did some digging, I didn't need any more 226 mags - I already have 30 each on 9mm & .40 mags, 20 of each are extended (20 & 15 rd respectively) - but whatever.

I would like to get more 224 mags, but they are not common. Not crucial; I only have the one 224 and it is a "hideout" gun - plus any of my 226 mags will work in the 224.

I also bought some PS90 mags and some other pistol mags (for a very common pistol I won't list here because it is "off the books" and I am pretty sure it doesn't have a complete loadout).

I have one rifle that I would like to get more mags for, but the ones that fit it are hard to find and start at $100 per mag, so, lesson learned; don't get a gun unless you can and do get the mags at the same time - stock up on those mags when you can! At the time it didn't occur to me that the mags for such a popular gun (back in the 80s, it was popular) in such a popular caliber would be hard to find later.

My rule of thumb; have at least ten mags per gun - a loadout (one mag in the gun, and four extra, for a total of five) and a backup loadout. This is per gun, not per type/model of gun.

An inventory of your mags, and keeping the spares in a labeled container in a known safe accessible space, is mandatory - if you don't count them and have that count written down somewhere, and the items organized and the container labeled, you don't know what you have and you are vulnerable to not having enough when you need them. You are also vulnerable to having plenty and ordering more because you don't know you already have enough - not a horrible situation, but if you are on a budget, having too many is a waste of money that you could spend on buying more of the stuff you don't have enough of.

I added up the mags I got, and the mags I got coming; about 250 mags total.

I probably have close to 1,000 standard cap and stendo magazines in various flavors, rifle and handgun. But I did get some more beretta 30rd stendos, a dozen 17rd x-macro mags for my new sig, some FN 502 mags, some alien green translucent AK mags from classic firearms, and a couple more magpul PCC drums just to round out the collection.

I probably have close to 1,000 standard cap and stendo magazines in various flavors, rifle and handgun. But I did get some more beretta 30rd stendos, a dozen 17rd x-macro mags for my new sig, some FN 502 mags, some alien green translucent AK mags from classic firearms, and a couple more magpul PCC drums just to round out the collection.
Dam! The macro mags alone probably ran you close to 700.00 bucks.

I was thinking of buying some "green" translucent mags on sale, but I could not make out whether the green was bright green or OD green. I would not want the bright green.
Gunmagwarehouse has lancer mags in both the alien green and OD green right now in stock and on sale (the OD green translucent ones are $2 cheaper than alien green right now)

$720 yeah, but I got free shipping. And we have a few P365 models to use them in, but my macro needs them since it cant seat the 10 or 12 rounders (you can use a 15rd mag if you buy the flat base plate)
Here I thought I was good with 8 macro mags. Haha.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top