JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Ruger Stainless.....

Especially the compact with laminate stock rifles, the zytel stock models in smaller calibers.

Mossberg 500's.

Ruger revolvers in Stainless...

I'm being tempted to get another rifle/revolver set, this time in .44 magnum. I'm wondering what I can sell to raise the money to buy that Marlin from @WAYNO.

Very, very hard to pass up a JM stamped Marlin.

I am a sucker for older (not ancient) shotguns, 50-60 year olds that have real wood and bluing. Any action, any caliber. I have enough 12ga shotguns but always see 'good deals' that I have to tell myself I don't need - I just still want it lol.

Sometimes .22lr's as well.

What's your weak point?

Almost anything that goes bang!
Gabby

I am a sucker for excellent condition USGI M1 Carbines. Shooters, not collect ables. Younger grandkids becoming of adequate age, (around 10) for their OWN M1 Carbine. Their gun. I possess. Safety first. "TOO MANY CARBINES ALREADY, HB of CJ you Old Coot!"

Keep yelling at myself not to get more Carbines. I do not hear well. Yikes!

My major mistake, (are we all listening?) was to convert a stock Ruger 10-22 rifle into a USGI M1 Carbine look alike. Nodak Spud iron sites, Sarco walnut Carbine look alike stock. The entire family loves to safely shoot the Ruger. Fun. Cheap. Accurate enough.

We are running kinda low on .30 Carbine practice ammo. SGAmmo has Privi Partisan FMJ on sale. .22rf ammo much cheaper.

The Ruger 10-22 .22rf German 110 rd drum mags work 100%. What a finale to some fun range time. Your finger gets tired before the drum empties. Anyhow, the Ruger look-a-like has sparked recent interest in some more USGI M1 Carbines. I do not need more.

Have not shot since spring time. Too dry right now. Hopefully we will get some soaking rains. The woods are too dry.

My feeble excuse employed not buying more Carbines is that they must be in excellent mechanical shape. Prefer no spring tubes. Mix masters desirable. Must have late sites, mag catches, and safeties. Must gage correctly. Must shoot great. Feeble excuses. :)

Last Edited:
Anything I only own one of. You know what they say...two becomes one and one becomes none. I only own a few different types of guns but I own at least two of each of them.

I have to admit, my firearms tastes have fluctuated wildly over the years. However, a few that have remained over the decades ....

• Lever-guns. I'm down to just two now, but I've always liked them.
  • Almost anything NFA. Oh, I've gotten the "forbidden fruit" aspect out of my system a long time ago, but many make shooting more pleasant (e.g., silencers), more gonzo (e.g., SBSes), just more handy (e.g., SBRs), or just interesting (e.g., some AOWs).
  • Mouse guns. I don't know why, I just like lil' pistolas. Some are for actual CHL carry, but others are just because they are neat.
  • M1911s. Got one and that scratches the itch presently, but still, I like'em.
  • Vintage hunting rifles. Invested in only a few, but those we have are kept.
  • Traditionally-styled self-loaders (e.g., Mini-14, M1 Carbine, et al.).
  • Bizarre, novel, weird, those involving interesting historical provenance, etc. guns. I've invested in very few because I am too practically minded to spend hard earned cash on such items. Though, admittedly, there are a small number in the collection.
  • Time was, anything shotgun (from .410 through 10-gauge), but I've pared that down in recent years, due to time and space constraints.

I have a hard time passing up on older shotguns like the Browning designed Stevens/Savage 520 and it's Wards and Sears variants, also the same but model 620. Also the Winchester model 12 shotguns. Also the Browning Belgium Auto Fives. Also the Remington model 11 and the Winchester model 12. Many I've acquired with Lyman Cutts compensators on them. I like them for several reasons.

1. First and foremost, all wood and steel with no plastic trigger guards nor aluminum receivers. No cheap metal stampings, all quality milled steel.
2. Quality made with old school hand fitting and close tolerances that you don't see on modern cheaply made production guns.
3. They are low priced "sleepers", because many younger shooters don't know much about them and thus buy newer shotguns like Benelli's or Berettas etc and don't even think about nor seek these old quality shotguns. That drives their prices down which is good for guys like me. These fine old shotguns can be had for a couple of hundred bucks and sometimes even less! A fraction of what they are worth and would cost if manufactured today. Picked up most of my pumps for under $200.00 and the same price for my Remy 11's and maybe sometimes $250.00 for my Browning Belgium auto fives. These are unbelievable deals that many people are not even aware of.

A few pics of some of my antique "sleepers" that will only increase in value as time goes by, even with the Cutts comps, which collectors say decreases their value by cutting the barrel, but one day will INCREASE their value since Cutts comps aren't made anymore and are rapidly becoming collectors items themselves.

WARDS WESTERN FIELD MODEL 60-SB620-A 12GA.
Ward 620.jpg

1947 Browning Belgium Auto Five 12 ga, with Cutts comp.
1947 Browning auto five.jpg

Wards Western Field (Browning designed Stevens 520) 12 gauge "double hump" receiver, pump with Cutts comp.
627_7.jpg

Winchester model 12 pump, 12 gauge with Cutts comp.
1744_8.jpg

1940 Belgium Browning Auto Five, 12 ga, with Cutts comp and Bell and Carlson stock.
pix539149463.jpg

Wards model 35 12 ga, (Browning designed, Stevens/Savage 520) that I bought for $50.00 and restored.
20160717_023059.jpg

Wards Western Field model 30 12 ga, (Browning designed Stevens/Savage 520).
pix247881270.jpg

Top three are Remington model 11's, bottom two are Winchester model 50's. All in 12 gauge. (All my shotguns are 12 gauge, only one gauge shells to buy that way).
20150609_012943.jpg

I've added another Win model 50 with a poly choke and another Stevens 520 with Cutts comp to the collection but I don't have any pics of those yet. Believe it or not, my latest Win model 50 with poly choke looks almost new and I got it off gunbroker for $125.00!!!!! No one bid on it but me. See what I mean? The younger generation doesn't know about these guns and buys what's new in the gun shop or in advertisements. Their loss, my gain. But even though it's hard for me to pass up deals like this, I've got enough now and try to resist......but it is hard to do! What happens is you become like a museum curator and even forget how many guns you have when you get too many. Also you wind up shooting what's in the front of the safe because the ones in the back are too packed in and hard to get to except for about every six months of taking them all out, inspecting and oiling. After awhile you realize that enough is enough. Sometimes less is more. At least less maintenance and storage hassle in the safe. And these are just the antique shotguns. I won't even go into my antique S&W model 1905's, 1903's and 1917 revolvers or all the other modern stuff I have. Too darn much really. But a lifetime of collecting makes you accumulate more than you realize. I like the antiques best. Need to sell some of the modern stuff when the market rises again, but with AR's at under $400.00 it's a depressed market. But for those wanting a super deal on shotguns, get an old Belgium Browning auto five, Remy 11, Win model 50, Win model 12, or a Browning/Stevens/Savage 520 or 620, you will love the quality and the unbelievable low prices.

Last Edited:
Since I am behing on this thread I will give you all the simple answer.

ALL OF THEM!! Especially the good deals and the cool ones, the good shooters, the old nastalgic ones, the ones that go bang, and the ones that I don't own and want to! ;):rolleyes::D

I have a hard time passing up on older shotguns like the Browning designed Stevens/Savage 520 and it's Wards and Sears variants, also the same but model 620. Also the Winchester model 12 shotguns. Also the Browning Belgium Auto Fives. Also the Remington model 11. Many I've acquired with Lyman Cutts compensators on them. I like them for several reasons.

1. First and foremost, all wood and steel with no plastic trigger guards nor aluminum receivers. No cheap metal stampings, all quality milled steel.
2. Quality made with old school hand fitting and close tolerances that you don't see on modern cheaply made production guns.
3. They are low priced "sleepers", because many younger shooters don't know much about them and thus buy newer shotguns like Benelli's or Berettas etc and don't even think about nor seek these old quality shotguns. That drives their prices down which is good for guys like me. These fine old shotguns can be had for a couple of hundred bucks and sometimes even less! A fraction of what they are worth and would cost if manufactured today. Picked up most of my pumps for under $200.00 and the same price for my Remy 11's and maybe sometimes $250.00 for my Browning Belgium auto fives. These are unbelievable deals that many people are not even aware of.

A few pics of some of my antique "sleepers" that will only increase in value as time goes by, even with the Cutts comps, which collectors say decreases their value by cutting the barrel, but one day will INCREASE their value since Cutts comps aren't made anymore and are rapidly becoming collectors items themselves.

WARDS WESTERN FIELD MODEL 60-SB620-A 12GA.

1947 Browning Belgium Auto Five 12 ga, with Cutts comp.

Wards Western Field (Browning designed Stevens 520) 12 gauge "double hump" receiver, pump with Cutts comp.
View attachment 391450

Winchester model 12 pump, 12 gauge with Cutts comp.
View attachment 391451

1940 Belgium Browning Auto Five, 12 ga, with Cutts comp and Bell and Carlson stock.
View attachment 391455

Wards model 35 12 ga, (Browning designed, Stevens/Savage 520) that I bought for $50.00 and restored.
View attachment 391458

Wards Western Field model 30 12 ga, (Browning designed Stevens/Savage 520).
View attachment 391459

Top three are Remington model 11's, bottom two are Winchester model 50's. All in 12 gauge. (All my shotguns are 12 gauge, only one gauge shells to buy that way).
View attachment 391460

I've added another Win model 50 with a poly choke and another Stevens 520 with Cutts comp to the collection but I don't have any pics of those yet. Believe it or not, my latest Win model 50 with poly choke looks almost new and I got it off gunbroker for $125.00!!!!! No one bid on it but me. See what I mean? The younger generation doesn't know about these guns and buys what's new in the gun shop or in advertisements. Their loss, my gain. But even though it's hard for me to pass up deals like this, I've got enough now and try to resist......but it is hard to do! What happens is you become like a museum curator and even forget how many guns you have when you get too many. Also you wind up shooting what's in the front of the safe because the ones in the back are too packed in and hard to get to except for about every six months of taking them all out, inspecting and oiling. After awhile you realize that enough is enough. Sometimes less is more. At least less maintenance and storage hassle in the safe. And these are just the antique shotguns. I won't even go into my antique S&W model 1905's, 1903's and 1917 revolvers or all the other modern stuff I have. Too darn much really. But a lifetime of collecting makes you accumulate more than you realize. I like the antiques best. Need to sell some of the modern stuff when the market rises again, but with AR's at under $400.00 it's a depressed market. But for those wanting a super deal on shotguns, get an old Belgium Browning auto five, Remy 11, Win model 50, Win model 12, or a Browning/Stevens/Savage 520 or 620, you will love the quality and the unbelievable low prices.

Those are awesome, Bill!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR