JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am almost embarrassed to say this But I have 2 or 3 each of the guns I like and a couple guns I really don't like. There aren't any guns that I want to buy.

I am almost embarrassed to say this But I have 2 or 3 each of the guns I like and a couple guns I really don't like. There aren't any guns that I want to buy.
No embarrassment, I also have a tendency to have duplicates of anything that I depend upon... Having a fully functional swap out makes a lot of sense... If you've got the means, why not...

I AM embarrassed to say this, but any gun that looks "right" to my eyes (sorry Glock) and fills in either an empty spot in my mental safe, or creates its own empty spot. I'm a precision bolt action rifle/full size, semi-auto pistol guy - so it's always about the gun looking good and being able to shoot vastly better than I can.

I just got a Tikka T3x TAC A1 in .260 Remington with a 24" barrel looking for more muzzle velocity than I get from my Tikka CTR with 20" barrel. The Tikka's are nail drivers. The very last known spot filled in was a full size 9mm 1911 - got a nice Kimber from this board. That's the last of the known empty spots to be filled and I'm not currently looking for anything, but then lots of .22 target semi-autos do it for me (Beretta 87 & 89, S&W 41, there's a nice Hamerli .22 for sale here but the seller doesn't want to ship), I am tempted by all the heavy barrel .308 bolt actions, and one of you bubblegums is always posting something that calls to me and there goes the budget.

Given my personal preference of limited calibers for my firearms (.22, 9mm, .45 ACP - pistol; .17 HMR, .22LR and .260 Remington rifle) I manage to (just barely) avoid a lot, but as much as I try to fight the addiction, I am weak.

Last Edited:
You know the truth be told I don't think I will ever wear out or use up what I have now. Need to shoot more and keep trying
I am a lucky man

BLASPHEMY! There is always another orphan that needs a home. Think of all those unwanted sporters that need a home @JRuby.

And @cookie, once you have two or three of what you like, you just need to find more to like. ;)

So far, I only have guns in one of the 'major' or more 'popular' calibers like .308, .223, 7.62x39, .30-30, .45-70, 9mm, .357, .44 mag, .45 Colt, .45 ACP, 12 & 20 ga., .30-06, .50 BMG and .22 rimfire. All of these with an eye towards prepping and having something to shoot 'common' chamberings, mostly military cartridges.

Been debating whether to get 5.45x39 but not really sure what purpose it would serve that .223 would not, even though it is kind of popular.

Oh yeah, I own two that kind of do not fall into that category - the .460 Mag and 5.7x28, but the first is because I wanted something to shoot .45 Colt in (I should have got a Ruger in .454, but I got the .460 on a whim instead) and the 5.7 was because a family member needed it then I decided I would like one for myself too.

No 10mm, .40 S&W, .327, 6/6.5/7mm anything, .270, .338, .32, .358, .41, 8mm, etc.

The only one I have owned, and do not own anymore, that isn't what I consider 'major' was 7mm Rem. Mag. and I sold it after shooting several deer with it and wasting a lot of meat and having no fun reloading it.

So I can and do easily pass by guns chambered for those other cartridges.

Subject for another thread, but if I had to walk out the door with only three or four guns (whatever I could carry depending on the weight) tomorrow, it would be a 7.62x39 rifle, a SIG in either 9mm or .45 ACP and something in .22 LR - knowing I could get the ammo for those guns anywhere in the USA that has ammo and I could take most any animal in the continental USA if I was careful with bullet placement and had the right ammo.

Conversely, if I could not keep any semi-auto centerfires (for whatever reason) I would choose my .30-30 scout carbine, my 329PD in .44 mag and something in .22 LR - and yes, there may be a day when we are deprived of being able to own semi-auto defensive type firearms (or at least admit to owning them). In fact, if I didn't have to deal with humans, I would prefer these guns.

Then there is the .45-70 scout carbine, the .460 mag and .22 LR combo - if I was 40 years younger and in peak physical shape.

i have a really hard time passing up anything with a threaded barrel now :D

just traded my P07 for a suppressor ready, urban grey P07 :D

love me some CZs

Let's see... so far I have passed on a 30M1 Carbine and a Ruger Bearcat to my stepson. I passed on a Mossberg 500 shotgun to a grandson, a P14.45 to my SIL, and a Glock 19 to my stepdaughter. I might be keeping the rest til I die... we'll see. :D

I find it very easy to pass on anything these days. Living in a place where, if I want another gun, I have to sell one that I already have, kinda cramps your style, know what I mean?

tac, jealous beyond measure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top