JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a sucker for older (not ancient) shotguns, 50-60 year olds that have real wood and bluing. Any action, any caliber. I have enough 12ga shotguns but always see 'good deals' that I have to tell myself I don't need - I just still want it lol.

Sometimes .22lr's as well.

What's your weak point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mosins...

I know, not the most amazing gun, but they are so cheap and fun. Every time I bring someone out shooting they want to buy mine off of me so I end up selling it and buying a new one when I find a good deal.

Plus it was the first gun I ever bought, back when they were $70 at Big5. Lots of great memories with a mosin.

.22 rifles made between the Civil war and WWII.

Picture023.jpg
This one is a 1915 Stevens Favorite.

Or any old single shot!

The ones I want at any given time. :D

If I already have a gun of that type and caliber and model, then I usually pass on it unless I intentionally and previously plan on getting more than one, usually as a SHTF gun so that each of my family has one.

Some exceptions might be guns that have interested me in the past but I could not afford and I wish I had now, or really good deals on something I wish I had one more of - e.g., I wish I had one more M6 Scout - I think I only have two and we need three, one for each person, but they are much more expensive now than they once were (yes, I know Chiappa makes something very similar).

It just varies a LOT. I can't really say it is any one gun. I am constantly on here looking at what is for sale to see if something especially tickles my fancy as it did last week.

Odd/old calibers, only because I reload. Usually old, cheap, low round counts and in good shape. I also like undocumented items.

Tube-magazine .22s. I have finally started resisting the urge, after about three dozen have followed me home. But there are so many nice ones and they aren't expensive. A pretty amazing bit of hardware for no more than they cost. Reliable and accurate and fun to shoot. Damn, I shouldn't have passed up that Winchester Model 250 yesterday.

Original Parker Brothers shotguns, not the Remington versions.
They are few and far between but if I can afford it, I'll bring it home.

Also pre-1985 Winchester 94 levers. Just have a soft spot for those.

I'm a sucker for older (not ancient) shotguns, 50-60 year olds that have real wood and bluing. Any action, any caliber. I have enough 12ga shotguns but always see 'good deals' that I have to tell myself I don't need - I just still want it lol.

Sometimes .22lr's as well.

What's your weak point?

1911's, and .22 pistols. I have managed to pare down my 1911's to 2 now, it was a painful process :) I now have 4 .22 pistols. Every damn time a new one comes out I like them. If I make the mistake of picking one up in a shop I REALLY want it. In rifles it's the PCC's, of which I now have 4 with one being a 2 in one, converts with drop in parts to another caliber so like having 5. This has to do with so much of my shooting being done at indoor range now and my eye's not being what they were. Every time I see a new design hit I want one.

Tube-magazine .22s. I have finally started resisting the urge, after about three dozen have followed me home. But there are so many nice ones and they aren't expensive. A pretty amazing bit of hardware for no more than they cost. Reliable and accurate and fun to shoot. Damn, I shouldn't have passed up that Winchester Model 250 yesterday.

Same with me;).

Do you have one of these?
If not I Highly recommend it!
IMG_1960.PNG

My List of Wanted Guns:

**in no particular order

***unless I find a deal I can't resist AND can afford:D

Beretta 92fs 9mm

Ruger GP100 .357mag SS 6"

Any revolver:cool:

AR-15 pistol

AK-47