JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My EDC.
I live 20 min from the SOG factory store in lynnwood. I've lost a few bucks walking in there. Every one gets a knife for Xmas from me each year. I like my Spec Arc and it has never disappointed. image.jpg

I didn't know that SOG was in Washington. Do they have a warehouse sale like Kershaw? That would be good to go to.

Last Edited:
Sharp, quick, and cheap enough to not shed a tear over when it's gone.

Wait....were we talking about women or an EDC knife?

Aloha, Mark

PS....Oso Sweet by Kershaw.

Last Edited:
griptilian od.jpg

Not my image, but discontinued Benchmade Griptilian with Sheepsfoot style combo edge(saw @Dyjital post the same one).

Like many gun people, I was also disappointed to find out how Benchmade was campaign donor to anti-gun politicians. Back then, my EDC was a Griptilian with drop point. I had issue with entry level Spyderco in the past, but I was upset with Benchmade, so when I found another cheap Spyderco on Amazon which said "Made in USA" twice(two times), I ordered it. When I got it, it was clearly marked Made in China. :confused:

So like a total tool, I ended up going back to Benchmade with this knife. Thank you for reading. :s0161:

"...but for defense IMO a tiny gun is better than a knife (and in some cases the gun is smaller) despite the tiny gun's limitations of having to hit the right spot and close range use."
and
"I stopped carrying a knife when I started carrying a pistol, too much clutter in and around my pockets."

Agreed as to tiny gun being better than a knife for SD. I carry both because just as a tiny gun beats a knife for SD, a knife works better than any gun for cutting things like food, string, etc. I use my EDC knife several times every day, while my pistol remains ready and unused.
They serve different purposes.
**HOWEVER***
I offer my suggestion for the single tool that meets both needs.
1586100679583.png
Sort of a 17-shot Elgin Cutlass Pistol. Exercise caution when eating with it! :D

I started carrying a fixed blade slashing knife last month. It is a horizontal belt mount... lays flat, I use it appendix carry instead of behind the back:

s-l1600.jpg

Stop by the SOG store when they are having a sale of 2nds. I bought an Agency Model - works great for slicing meat and it's just a foxy blade!

1586101453546.png

The Beloved gave an SOG Aura Camping Knife for Christmas a while back, and that's my regular eating cutlery. Works real well for spreading stuff like cashew butter on an English muffin or rendering a pork chop suitable for ingestion.
1586101904311.png

I carry the Outdoor Edge RazorLite EDC

Picked up one of these a few years ago to replace a lost CRKT. Liked it so much I bought another to keep in my pack, and then bought 2 more to give as gifts. The blades are surgical-sharp right out of the package and super easy to replace, but I haven't had to "replace" a blade yet because they're also super easy to sharpen. Been using the same blade for years by just touching up with the Fine and/or Extra Fine stones from my Lansky set as needed. Granted, I'm not chopping down forests or fending off hoards of pirates with it ;), but it gets used on a regular basis.:D

They go for about $25 on Amazon.

1586102768209.png

I carry two different Kershaws , left pocket , right pocket.
Ones an auto made in the US and the other is a safe speed made in China.
Both are good tools, ones inexpensive while the other costed a little bit more when I purchased it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads