JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been wearing this horizontal sheath for a while, and I've taken quite the liking to it. Once it's on you forget it's there. The only time I've noticed it is when the seat belt needs to be adjusted under it while driving. Right hand cross draw keeps my strong side free for a sidearm.

IMG_20221108_155319155~2.jpg

I tried this method for a fixed blade multiple times and could never figure out how to get the blade to lay flat against my body without the handle pushing my shirt out (causing excessive printing). I tried going SOB but I don't like having a knife on my back where others have access to it. Vertical IWB is super uncomfortable. I've been trying to figure out the best/most comfortable way to carry a fixed blade as I think it's super important to carry a "fighting" blade on you along with a folder.

Like you I want it on my right hand side (left handed shooter) and in front on my hips for easy access while standing/sitting if my "strong hand" were to be in a place where I couldn't utilize it.

Great looking blade and sheath by the way!

I tried this method for a fixed blade multiple times and could never figure out how to get the blade to lay flat against my body without the handle pushing my shirt out (causing excessive printing). I tried going SOB but I don't like having a knife on my back where others have access to it. Vertical IWB is super uncomfortable. I've been trying to figure out the best/most comfortable way to carry a fixed blade as I think it's super important to carry a "fighting" blade on you along with a folder.

Like you I want it on my right hand side (left handed shooter) and in front on my hips for easy access while standing/sitting if my "strong hand" were to be in a place where I couldn't utilize it.

Great looking blade and sheath by the way!
Thank you! For this to work for me, the handle of the knife needs to be right next to the belt buckle that's the only place it will lay flat.

Thank you! For this to work for me, the handle of the knife needs to be right next to the belt buckle that's the only place it will lay flat.
That may be my issue. I carry appendix so my buckle gets pushed to my right side. Limiting the real estate I have for the knife on my right side.

Directly underneath. Good front sight focus and the "jewels" are gone. That won't get me to change my carry location though. Appendix every day. 11-12 o'clock for me.

Here's how I carry my Shivworks Clinch Pick. This is an exclusively defensive blade, and I don't use it for general cutting tasks. I have a pocket folder for that. I practice with a trainer in the same configuration and it is very concealed and easy to access with either hand. I always have an untucked shirt over it

20221208_082741.jpg 20221208_082832.jpg

Here's how I carry my Shivworks Clinch Pick. This is an exclusively defensive blade, and I don't use it for general cutting tasks. I have a pocket folder for that. I practice with a trainer in the same configuration and it is very concealed and easy to access with either hand. I always have an untucked shirt over it

View attachment 1326456 View attachment 1326457
Oh man, I don't want a gun pointed at my pecker, you just upped the ante by going Lorena Bobbitt.

Oh man, I don't want a gun pointed at my pecker, you just upped the ante by going Lorena Bobbitt.
I was concerned about that, but having spent some training time with it, I'm less concerned. The retention is quite stiff, and the knife has to be withdrawn with some force. Not very comfortable to sheath it, but I don't expect having to sheath it after cutting somebody up and then likely shooting them, too. And that's the only situation where this knife will ever get drawn.

The retention is quite stiff, and the knife has to be withdrawn with some force. Not very comfortable to sheath it, but I don't expect having to sheath it after cutting somebody up and then likely shooting them, too. And that's the only situation where this knife will ever get drawn.
Just make sure you're not prairie dogging when you pull out out with force.

A dull knife is more likely to yield injury due to the additional force required to cut. Similarly, your stiff retention could be the cause of injury.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top