JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My EDC.
I live 20 min from the SOG factory store in lynnwood. I've lost a few bucks walking in there. Every one gets a knife for Xmas from me each year. I like my Spec Arc and it has never disappointed. image.jpg

I didn't know that SOG was in Washington. Do they have a warehouse sale like Kershaw? That would be good to go to.

Last Edited:
Sharp, quick, and cheap enough to not shed a tear over when it's gone.

Wait....were we talking about women or an EDC knife?

Aloha, Mark

PS....Oso Sweet by Kershaw.

Last Edited:
griptilian od.jpg

Not my image, but discontinued Benchmade Griptilian with Sheepsfoot style combo edge(saw @Dyjital post the same one).

Like many gun people, I was also disappointed to find out how Benchmade was campaign donor to anti-gun politicians. Back then, my EDC was a Griptilian with drop point. I had issue with entry level Spyderco in the past, but I was upset with Benchmade, so when I found another cheap Spyderco on Amazon which said "Made in USA" twice(two times), I ordered it. When I got it, it was clearly marked Made in China. :confused:

So like a total tool, I ended up going back to Benchmade with this knife. Thank you for reading. :s0161:

"...but for defense IMO a tiny gun is better than a knife (and in some cases the gun is smaller) despite the tiny gun's limitations of having to hit the right spot and close range use."
and
"I stopped carrying a knife when I started carrying a pistol, too much clutter in and around my pockets."

Agreed as to tiny gun being better than a knife for SD. I carry both because just as a tiny gun beats a knife for SD, a knife works better than any gun for cutting things like food, string, etc. I use my EDC knife several times every day, while my pistol remains ready and unused.
They serve different purposes.
**HOWEVER***
I offer my suggestion for the single tool that meets both needs.
1586100679583.png
Sort of a 17-shot Elgin Cutlass Pistol. Exercise caution when eating with it! :D

I started carrying a fixed blade slashing knife last month. It is a horizontal belt mount... lays flat, I use it appendix carry instead of behind the back:

s-l1600.jpg

Stop by the SOG store when they are having a sale of 2nds. I bought an Agency Model - works great for slicing meat and it's just a foxy blade!

1586101453546.png

The Beloved gave an SOG Aura Camping Knife for Christmas a while back, and that's my regular eating cutlery. Works real well for spreading stuff like cashew butter on an English muffin or rendering a pork chop suitable for ingestion.
1586101904311.png

I carry the Outdoor Edge RazorLite EDC

Picked up one of these a few years ago to replace a lost CRKT. Liked it so much I bought another to keep in my pack, and then bought 2 more to give as gifts. The blades are surgical-sharp right out of the package and super easy to replace, but I haven't had to "replace" a blade yet because they're also super easy to sharpen. Been using the same blade for years by just touching up with the Fine and/or Extra Fine stones from my Lansky set as needed. Granted, I'm not chopping down forests or fending off hoards of pirates with it ;), but it gets used on a regular basis.:D

They go for about $25 on Amazon.

1586102768209.png

I carry two different Kershaws , left pocket , right pocket.
Ones an auto made in the US and the other is a safe speed made in China.
Both are good tools, ones inexpensive while the other costed a little bit more when I purchased it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top