JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi:

I have carried a Benchmade CLA for three years. I ran a ranch and did a not of the work singlehanded. The auto open allowed me to hold whatever with the left and retrieve and open the knife with the right.

I did a lot of utility jobs with it including prying, cutting wire and other tasks that would have resulted in damage to the knife. No damage except to the pocket clip when I scraped against something and bent it. I literally used this knife everyday.

With respect to a defensive weapon, the opening snap is similar to racking a shotgun. It gets attention and is a threat deterrent.

The Benchmark LifeSharp service was used 2 to 3 times a year. They put an edge on the knife that lasted that long, even under my demanding use. Losing the knife for a week or two was a problem, so I bought another. They also replace the bent clips when necessary - at no charge.

Consider buying from an authorized dealer so there is no risk of buying a counterfeit.

Hope my experiences help you with your decision.

Steve
Some people aren't aware of benchmade's multi-year gun destruction program. Some know about it and choose to ignore it. Some vote with their feet.

I used to carry a CRKT M16 daily. It is a great knife, comfortable, good size, has different blade options. But then I started carrying just a leatherman. The knife ergonomics on a leatherman wave or similar are. . . well "terrible" is probably an understatement. But it does have a knife, and you can use it to cut rope or boxes or any other small knife tasks just fine. And it has all kinds of other tools from files to pliers to screwdrivers. I do wind up using basically all the tools on the regular, so having them all with me in one simple package outweighs the cons of all the tools being worse than a dedicated example. I have not carried a dedicated knife for years now and have not missed it, but I reach for something on the leatherman multiple times through the day, and I work an office job. It really is a useful little thing to have around.

SOG Terminus XR. Good size, easy flip open, deep carry, D2 high carbon steel, G10 handle. I use a 400/1000 stone with water every few months. Also EDC a Gerber Dime..use it often.
sog.jpg 61hPSrKsTZL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Sadly I lost my daily carry knife. I had a Benchmade Triage folder that I carried for the past 10+ years. But sadly I lost it at work (still praying it shows back up). I am not opposed to just picking up another Triage but thought I would see what y'all carry and use. My budget is around 200-250. It needs to be a folder and will be used for utilitarian purposes (cutting boxes, straps, etc.) not necessarily self defense (I carry a fixed blade for that).

Any opinions are appreciated. Thank you.
To be honest I'm the opposite of a knife snob. I used to carry cheapos, S&W, CRKT, etc. They didn't last me too long. I was a general contractor and these knives didn't last more than 6 months to a year each before something broke on them.

But once I got my Benchmade 273 on a trade, I have never looked back. Its lasted me 3 years so far, it holds an edge for a long time, and nothing has broken on it yet. It's a heavier knife than I used to carry but man is it worth it. Here's a link to the model I have if you want to take a look. They don't break the bank!

I agree, but the $12 knife does everything a $400 knife does. can't say the same about a ratchet.
In my experience, it's not that the $400 knife does more than the $12 knife. It's about how long the $400 knife lasts when compared to a $12 knife. If you're not prone to losing knives, then it feels like a good investment to buy a $250-$400 knife and not have to worry about the tip breaking, lock breaking, or having to sharpen it once a week.

I used to carry a CRKT M16 daily. It is a great knife, comfortable, good size, has different blade options. But then I started carrying just a leatherman. The knife ergonomics on a leatherman wave or similar are. . . well "terrible" is probably an understatement. But it does have a knife, and you can use it to cut rope or boxes or any other small knife tasks just fine. And it has all kinds of other tools from files to pliers to screwdrivers. I do wind up using basically all the tools on the regular, so having them all with me in one simple package outweighs the cons of all the tools being worse than a dedicated example. I have not carried a dedicated knife for years now and have not missed it, but I reach for something on the leatherman multiple times through the day, and I work an office job. It really is a useful little thing to have around.
This is the way

Country of manufacture? A few accessories are proudly listed as "Made in USA". However apparently the knifes appear to be sourced offshore.
Decent web site for what looks to be truck stop knifes.
Just my opinion... :s0158:
Definitely China. Company was founded by a YouTuber who funded it through kickstarter. Knife hardware looks like CJRB, some of the designs take from WE and Artisan Cutlery, so very likely same factories in China making the same knife under multiple brands.

It is China. Full disclosure. That's by brothers company, I was just wondering what people thought of them, or heard of them. knives is his full time job,

Definitely China. Company was founded by a YouTuber who funded it through kickstarter. Knife hardware looks like CJRB, some of the designs take from WE and Artisan Cutlery, so very likely same factories in China making the same knife under multiple brands.
I never understood the motivation to kickstart a product that is already produced in bulk. If you want a branded product just buy a sticker.

It is China. Full disclosure. That's by brothers company, I was just wondering what people thought of them, or heard of them. knives is his full time job,
Looked into it. Read some articles. Saw some reviews. Not impressed. Sorry. I wouldn't pay double for a knife made by the same people who sell a similar knife for half.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top