JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just wondering if there is such a thing, People have there own choices i get that but some would say whats the best shotgun many will say the benilli m4 is there a knife like that that would be considered the best?

Best for what....?
Knife blades come in many shapes , some of which are better suited for certain purposes better than others.

A Gerber MKII for example has an almost cult following...with its long double sided blade...it was designed as a combat knife from the get go....
However as well made as it is .....It is not so good at helping you clean a deer.

My favorite knife is my Blackjack model 5...I carried it in the Army and it served me well on 4 combat deployments.
It still gets used a camping and hunting knife today.

With that said...
It is not the "best" for my everyday carry knife nowadays...
That would either be my Case Sodbuster or my old Boy Scout pocket knife.

Best is extremely subjective.
Andy

Very well said Andy-

My go-to for any hunting is my BlackJack 13, for me it's the best length, heft and blade edge. The EDC is a benchmade AFO 1.

The original question is very non-specific indeed- I just bought a meatcrafter for use in boning out deer in the field and processing- we have an issue with transporting deer in our unit due to the spread of chronic wasting disease. Boning out in the field wasn't a lot of fun with a heavy blade.

I'd say no, there is not a relative "Benelli M4 equivalent" in the knife world. There's simply too much variety. There are universally accepted brands that stand out though. Chris Reeves Sebenza was considered the best in the folding knife world for many years, but that was a while ago. Shirogorov and Olamic are considered by many to be at the top of their game.

Best knife for all around use, or specialty use!

For me I would have to say my best all around use knife is a Buck 110 folder. You can carry it everywhere, It can gut and skin a deer or help with prep work in the kitchen. Holds a very keen edge for quite a while and is made here in the USA.

Now the best knife for use in a fight/combat situation is a Gun. Remember, never bring a knife to a gun fight. The knife on your belt is best used for opening your MRE's.

Benelli M4, best shotgun? Go ask a competitive trap or skeet shooter. Wont even mention upland bird hunting... :s0140:

Please define "best".

My go-to, EDC blade is the Gerber 'Swagger'; I feel naked without it. It's what I give as gifts to friends.
Now for a heavy use / combat blade, I prefer a tanto style. Thick, good heft, sharp. I can cut a steak or pound it through a 55 gallon drum . . .
So, the simple answer is that you need to figure out what 'works' for you. What somebody else uses really doesn't matter.

I'll gladly take this over another f-cking 114 thread….
Those #114 threads should be merged or grouped together in one specific area UNDER THE TITLE OF #114.

The so called (?!? - LOL) pro gun people who complain about OTHER PRO GUN people who were not for this BS anti gun law and did not vote for it to pass or MANY other anti gun laws should just SHUT UP as they keep telling OTHER PRO GUN people to just blank blank shut up. NON stop. Ugh.

There are men on here who go on about how they 'break the law' on carrying guns where they do not allow them where they work and in other places that are posted and say other stuff about not complying.

Yet they go ON AND ON about how some people DESERVE what they GET when those older or middle aged or younger people VOTE pro gun and for fiscal - SANE libertarian or conservative CANDIDATES and for FREEDOM.

There MAY be one poster on here (?) or MORE (?) who wrote articles in a newspaper complaining about real PRO GUN conservatives and many Republicans in the past or the old man (?) has a TWIN with the same or close name and living in the same state.

And he and others are telling people to just SHUT UP and all of them get what they deserve.

Plus there are some people who DO LIVE in OREGON in some liberal cities/college towns and in RURAL AREAS and they were NOT FOR THIS NEW LAW and yet they want to blame them too.

GUN PEOPLE OR MANY OF THEM like to eat their own! What a shame.

Plus in many NON rural areas ALL ACROSS THIS COUNTRY and even in some conservative RURAL counties/states - people WIN and LOSE all of the time.

That is nothing new but to constantly blame people who were and still are always involved IN politics, etc. that they GET WHAT THEY DESERVE IS JUST PLAIN wrong, silly and RUDE!

ADDED MORE and typos!

Oh yes, some of those people who claim that they are pro gun want LAWS CHANGED from 18 to 21 years old.

WE ALREADY HAD MANY RED STATES AND SOME PURPLE STATES CHANGE DUE TO TRUMP'S BIG MOUTH IN THE ONE WHITE HOUSE MEETING and NOW WE HAVE ANOTHER SENILE - CRAZY LAND NUTSO with BIDEN'S BIG FAT LYING/STEALING MOUTH! UGH. FACT!

EFF THAT - 18 years old should rule for every single thing. Period!

YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY - YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO VOTE AND BUY A GUN.

YOU are old enough (18 years old!) to do many things when it comes to LEGAL MATTERS!

Old Lady Cate and I do not live in Oregon but it needs to be SAID.

Last Edited:
Some knives, axes and 'hawks are better for some jobs and work than others.

IT depends on the job and situation on hand.

One knife on you is better than NO knife if you need a knife as one man said too.

With that said, I do believe that the MADE IN NEW YORK Ka-Bar fixed blade military knives are the BEST or ON THE TOP of a good list for a quality made knife.

I believe that some fixed blade and classic folding knives made by BUCK in IDAHO are outstanding knives too!

ADD in some Case Knives - Made in PA and other top names to the list for folding and pocket knives for quality and MADE IN THE USA knives.

Your mileage may vary - NO PROBLEM!

Cate

I'm not a knife snob, but if you're looking for the knife associated most with the word knife (an interpretation of the term "best" in this context), there are three choices that are so common nearly anyone you stop on the street would think of even if they didn't know the exact name:

In no particular order:
- Buck 110 folder
- USMC Ka-Bar
- Victorinox/Wegner Swiss Army Knife

Honorable mention to the ubiquitous "bowie" knife made by a ton of manufacturers.

All of these knives are so popular that they are directly associated with the word knife itself similar to the way the Benelli may be associated with shotgun (although I'd put the Mossberg 500, Remington 870, and a myriad of break action double-barreled shotguns on that list too).

Does that make any of those items the best? Not necessarily, but I bet you'd find a lot of people who would argue the point in their favor.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top