JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rule #1, don't point your gun at anything you don't want to destroy.

My pecker is up near the top of the list for things I don't want to destroy with a 45acp round-nose.
No matter where you carry you're either flagging yourself of someone else.

Appendix is (in my opinion of course) the easiest location to defend/retain/and draw from. It's also the easiest to conceal and the most comfortable.

You get over having a loaded handgun pointed at your junk. Haha

Just make sure you're not prairie dogging when you pull out out with force.

A dull knife is more likely to yield injury due to the additional force required to cut. Similarly, your stiff retention could be the cause of injury.
Not sure what you mean by prairie dogging. I practice my draw with an identical trainer blade in it's own identical holster. You make all good points, which is why I train. We can set up our gear however we want, but if you don't train with it, the likelihood of failure is pretty high.

One of the things I learned from taking the Shivworks ECQC class, is that I might have to draw a gun with my non dominant hand, if I'm entangled with an opponent. That happened again and again to me and other students in force on force training scenarios. There's no way I can do that with the gun or knife at the 3 or 9 o'clock. There are lots of benefits to side carry, as well, but I feel that appendix carry gives me the most benefits, especially with a "get off me" blade.

If you put the knife on one side, then you are limited to one hand for access. If you put it on your back, then you are going to have to basically Kimura yourself if an opponent is sitting on top of you in mount or back mount. And if they are on your back they can get to it first.

If it's a utility multi purpose blade, it probably doesn't really matter where you put it, but i still wouldnt be comfortable with it being where somebody can grab it.

Here's how I carry my Shivworks Clinch Pick. This is an exclusively defensive blade, and I don't use it for general cutting tasks. I have a pocket folder for that. I practice with a trainer in the same configuration and it is very concealed and easy to access with either hand. I always have an untucked shirt over it

View attachment 1326456 View attachment 1326457
I like your style. I also finally found a knife/sheath that is extremely comfortable to carry.

060F76FB-814D-413D-9708-0A5353B95B7C.jpeg

Still super comfortable. I am in and out of vehicles 8+ hours a day and this is how I carry. Nothing changes when going from standing to sitting.
Crazy. Looks torturous. I wish that would work for me, but I'm too fat 😂. Fine while standing, but the moment I need to bend down or sit, it just digs.

Damnnn, G .
That pommel doesn't wear on your ribcage?
Nope not at all. That was the issue I ran into with all the Toor blades I had with the ring on the end. They would dig into my rib cage when I sat down. This one does not have that issue at all.

Still super comfortable. I am in and out of vehicles 8+ hours a day and this is how I carry. Nothing changes when going from standing to sitting.
Same for me. I spend a big chunk of my day sitting at a desk mixed in with a lot of getting in and out of vehicles. Way more comfortable, secure, and accessible than when I used to carry strong side. I am not a skinny guy at all

Here's how I carry my Shivworks Clinch Pick. This is an exclusively defensive blade, and I don't use it for general cutting tasks. I have a pocket folder for that. I practice with a trainer in the same configuration and it is very concealed and easy to access with either hand. I always have an untucked shirt over it

View attachment 1326456 View attachment 1326457
I have a blade I bought years ago that is quite similar to the Shivworks Clinch Pick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top