JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Catherine1 , when I went to school in the 60's and 70's, I carried a pocket knife. It started with the Barlow knife Dad bought for me about 1st or 2nd grade. I've carried a pocket knife of one kind or another for all of my life. Like @Andy54Hawken mentioned, it's for cutting things. Last night, Christmas Eve, it was used a lot by the daughter and grandson. If the wife hadn't mislabeled a package, the grandson would have had one of his own to use for that, but oh, well. He'll get it soon enough.
Now, if he takes it to school, even being a country kid he'll get into trouble. I don't think possession alone is reason for trouble, but I'm not the one writing the rules.
I do know that mine was held for punishment by Dad when I'd done something stupid.
Wish I still had that ol Barlow knife now. Have no clue what happened to it, but my second knife is still in my possession.

Wife got me one I've been looking at for some time. Sharp AF, and tools! I'll be carrying it hence this day forward.

3EE1AFE4-FAAD-4953-A5F6-48EFB07DB2C2.jpeg

I remember as a youngster my mother teaching me a few mumbley-peg tricks she remembered playing in the schoolyard in the '20's & 30's.
Mumbley-peg

Now I am agonizing over selecting a knife (needs to be a Buck as I have history with the owners) for a young man that my wife and I used to babysit along with his three sisters. Must be something that he can put to good use and not get in trouble for carrying in uniform. It will be a gift celebrating his graduation from OCS and his assignment to NCAS Pensacola for flight school.

I remember as a youngster my mother teaching me a few mumbley-peg tricks she remembered playing in the schoolyard in the '20's & 30's.
Mumbley-peg

Now I am agonizing over selecting a knife (needs to be a Buck as I have history with the owners) for a young man that my wife and I used to babysit along with his three sisters. Must be something that he can put to good use and not get in trouble for carrying in uniform. It will be a gift celebrating his graduation from OCS and his assignment to NCAS Pensacola for flight school.
I would suggest the Buck 112 "Ranger".
Its a good , stout model...that works well and ain't too big
Andy

I would suggest the Buck 112 "Ranger".
Its a good , stout model...that works well and ain't too big
Andy
I agree with this suggestion too!

BUCK 112 ^^^.

The sweet, classic BUCK 110 may be too bulky for some people (NOT for me when I used one in the past or for my husband.) or the blade length may not work in some states due to their knife laws. What works out here did not work in some other states when it comes to the blade length, etc.

~~~

I do not own the BUCK 112 Ranger but I do own and EDC a BUCK 113 RANGER Skinner Knife in a FIXED blade with it's own sheath/case. My knife is several years old now and it has the original walnut handle on it.

~~~

A knife makes a great gift especially in this situation.

Best wishes to the young man!

Cate

Last Edited:
I typically carry a Leatherman Free T4, Skeletool, or Sidekick. I have found that I need the actual knife less than any of the other tools found on those Leathermans! It is very rare nowadays that I just carry a true pocketknife.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top