JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been offering my sharpening service to the locals here in Sandy and it's funny that I'm getting everything but hunting and pocket knives, lots of tools and just odd stuff almost like it's a contest to see who can bring me something that I can't sharpen, I'm going to have to hit up the local restaurants so I can get some knives to work on.

I might have to hit you up soon. Got this um whatever ax shaped thingy that's duller than Biden's wits. Its the same thickness of carbon steel as the hunting knife next to it. ... and do you do customizing? Thinking I want real alternating sawtooth profile on my Ontario pilot survival knifes saw back.

20221106_143338.jpg 20221106_143349.jpg 20221105_180809.jpg 20221105_180814.jpg

Last Edited:
How much do you charge? I got a blade that needs to be sharpened and I spent enough on it that I don't want to mess it up.

How much do you charge? I got a blade that needs to be sharpened and I spent enough on it that I don't want to mess it up.
Average price is $5.00, more if I have to rebuild the edge or if you want a polished edge.
I have high end customs and I'm setup to sharpen the harder high end steels.

Last Edited:
you never know I plan on retiring next year so I might have to do something like that.
I miss that guy who would put an edge back on my pocket knives. He always had some pieces of paper to slice and show how sharp it was. I'd bet you would make a pretty good chunk of change if you set up at a gun show. I know I'd bring several to each show.

I might have to hit you up soon. Got this um whatever ax shaped thingy that's duller than Biden's wits. Its the same thickness of carbon steel as the hunting knife next to it. ... and do you do customizing? Thinking I want real alternating sawtooth profile on my Ontario pilot survival knifes saw back.

View attachment 1740889View attachment 1740890View attachment 1740891View attachment 1740892
I can sharpen the knife and hatchet but I don't have the tools to cut saw teeth.

I have been offering my sharpening service to the locals here in Sandy and it's funny that I'm getting everything but hunting and pocket knives, lots of tools and just odd stuff almost like it's a contest to see who can bring me something that I can't sharpen, I'm going to have to hit up the local restaurants so I can get some knives to work on.
I'm not sure how "Local Restaurants" work, but if they have a professional Chef that owns their own high end knives, they have them professionally sharpened. I know a Chef here in Vancouver that does this. She takes her knives to a guy who calls himself "The Patron Saint Of Knives". She's never met with him. Just drops the knives off in a locker. Comes back the next day, get's the knives out of the locker and leaves money. Pretty eccentric fella, but he knows what he's doing.

Back in the day a good chef had their own knives and no body touched them they all knew how to sharpen and care for their knives, now adays not so much the restaurants just buy cheap knives for the kitchen crew to have their way with by the time I see them it looks like they have been cutting spiders on concrete with them.

Back in the day a good chef had their own knives and no body touched them they all knew how to sharpen and care for their knives, now adays not so much the restaurants just buy cheap knives for the kitchen crew to have their way with by the time I see them it looks like they have been cutting spiders on concrete with them.
Sounds like my wife. I used to cringe when she got a knife out for food prep. She's a darn good cook and loves to do it, so I bought her a nice set of Henkels about 15 years ago. I finally taught her how to sharpen knives, and she now appreciates how much work it is to get a good edge on a bunch of knives. And I no longer have to do it on a weekly basis.

I'm not sure how "Local Restaurants" work, but if they have a professional Chef that owns their own high end knives, they have them professionally sharpened. I know a Chef here in Vancouver that does this. She takes her knives to a guy who calls himself "The Patron Saint Of Knives". She's never met with him. Just drops the knives off in a locker. Comes back the next day, get's the knives out of the locker and leaves money. Pretty eccentric fella, but he knows what he's doing.
Yes! He was who I thought of when I read the OP's title. Very eccentric guy, but he's sh!t hot at what he does.

Yes! He was who I thought of when I read the OP's title. Very eccentric guy, but he's sh!t hot at what he does.
Have you ever had him sharpen knives for you? I've had a couple of people come to me that weren't happy with his work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top