JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heres a good chuckle for some, I went to Cabelas and bought some ammo, ok no biggy.
I bought two boxes 45 ACP, problem is I do not own a firearm that uses that kinda ammo.
I didnt have my reading glasses with me and the box was near the 40SW which I do have.
I got to the car my son said hey dad.............? Well good thing I didn't drive all the way home
100 miles away. Being I bought it just 10 minutes earlier they let me return it. ( normally they don't take ammo back) Guess they felt bad for me getting old LOL. I now keep a small foldup glasses with me just in case.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I'll bite. I have an ancient 300 Savage. Still a lovely deer rifle. For whatever reason I bought a box of .308 for it. Yeah, I still have that box. shakes head

I bought one of these well I took it on trade for 50.00
A Jennings 22LR . IT was a " awesome paperweight " it was like new
yet would not cycle on rounds no matter what ammo I tried.
I bought it as a novelty and eventually just got rid of it.
I also bought a Taurus PT-22 or geees another piece of crap, or it would cycle and pinch and jam near every round and was loud as heck. It was cool looking but dang should have bought a Walther instead.
I have no more pocket 22lrs some times I miss the old jenning was quite the conversations piece.

Like hey wanna see a total piece of crap ?> LOL LOL

View attachment 260749

+1^^^ to the PT-22, totally forgot I bought that thinking it might be a good small pistol for my aging mother, huge mistake.

She couldn't hit a paper plate from 10' away more then half the time. I think I am a decent shot with a handgun and I had a difficult time hitting anything with it - had to pull the trigger very slowly and consistently (heavy trigger with a long pull) to hit anything, and it jammed.

The complete opposite of a good pocket gun.

I must have had a different experience. I've owned (2) PT-22's, sold them both, each time just to make cash for another purchase. I'd love to have one again. They do take a solid break-in time - a good 300 rounds, after which time they start to run really well. They also prefer round-nose over hollow point in my experience. And, if you are up to it, you can get the standard mags modified (by cutting down the follower - videos on YT) to hold 2 extra rounds.

I'd love to own one again someday. Accurate for me, after I practiced with it.

Heres a good chuckle for some, I went to Cabelas and bought some ammo, ok no biggy.
I bought two boxes 45 ACP, problem is I do not own a firearm that uses that kinda ammo.
I didnt have my reading glasses with me and the box was near the 40SW which I do have.
I got the car my son said hey dad.............? Well good thing I didn't drive all the way home
100 miles away. Being I bought it just 10 minutes earlier they let me return it. ( normally they don't take ammo back) Guess they felt bad for me getting old LOL. I know keep a small foldup glasses with me just in case.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know, the better solution would have been to buy a gun that uses .45 ;)

I bought one of these well I took it on trade for 50.00
A Jennings 22LR . IT was a " awesome paperweight " it was like new
yet would not cycle on rounds no matter what ammo I tried.
I bought it as a novelty and eventually just got rid of it.
I also bought a Taurus PT-22 or geees another piece of crap, or it would cycle and pinch and jam near every round and was loud as heck. It was cool looking but dang should have bought a Walther instead.
I have no more pocket 22lrs some times I miss the old jenning was quite the conversations piece.

Like hey wanna see a total piece of crap ?> LOL LOL

View attachment 260749
I bought one of those a long time ago and it wouldn't hit the side of the barn at point blank range.

Bought an H&R Pardner 12 gauge for a decent price. It would hang up on me all the time. I knew when I walked out with it that I probably should have spent my money on something else.

I must have had a different experience. I've owned (2) PT-22's, sold them both, each time just to make cash for another purchase. I'd love to have one again. They do take a solid break-in time - a good 300 rounds, after which time they start to run really well. They also prefer round-nose over hollow point in my experience. And, if you are up to it, you can get the standard mags modified (by cutting down the follower - videos on YT) to hold 2 extra rounds.

I'd love to own one again someday. Accurate for me, after I practiced with it.
I actually had some of these do a very dangerous thing it would flip out a live round and pinch it in the chamber luckily they never did anything but one pinched the rear lip pointing straight up after that I said naw, i'm good. We had two of them bought at different times bad experiences with both . I they were cool lookin though I got after market grips and it looked nice but for us they didnt do well.

I bought one of those a long time ago and it wouldn't hit the side of the barn at point blank range.

I know what you are saying they were not for me very accurate. I do not have small hand guns anymore
.380 would be were I stop from now one. But our carries are 40sw and 9mm so no real use for the 22's right now.

Yea we like our shield as well nice reliable and straight,

ironically, I'm in the market to get a Glock 23 along with the 9mm barrel for it to use as a backpack CCer. I'll still use my shield though. Nothing wimpy about 8+1 with a 8 round spare mag full of HST hollow points. Plus it's the most comfortable firearm I've ever conceal carried.

As far as reliability goes, only thing the shield has ever done is throw a tritium fiber optic rod out of the front sight post when I was target shooting. Truglo replaced it at no cost.

1)Bore snake

2)promag glock magazines back during the Clinton ban days that never would feed a full mag. After them willingly selling those things if promag made a device which cured cancer while fellating they would not see any of my money again

3) one of those little grip sleaves for using a full size glock magazine in a subcompact.

An SKS recoil buffer. SKS1.jpg

An Umberti (SP ?) "Remington" .44 black powder revolver. That's not the problem!
The problem is I sold a High Standard Supermatic Citation for the funds! :(:mad::( Stupid!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads