JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So what firearm related item have you purchased on a spur of the moment that was a completely stupid idea?

Mine is buying 2000 5.56 links when Im pretty sure I will never own a SAW. It was a "oh cool, machine gun links" purchase that I then said "that was stupid"

At least the 222 rem I bought accidentally thinking they were 223 fit

eURTuqe.jpg

I'll probably at least make a crisscross bandoleers of 223 to wear around the house.

Well, I can't say I've had anything quite like that. That's a good one though ;)

I think my worst one was buying a bundle of used magazines for one of my guns, then remembering after I got home, that I had already sold that gun. Whoops :rolleyes:

So I've done pretty well for myself. Either buying things I want/need or things that have at least held their value.

My one dumb one was buying a 12g bolt action shotgun that needs a new stock and the barrel cut down past where it is bent... I figure it will be a good project when and if I ever get that kind of free time.

All of my "oops" purchased items were quickly sold.

Well maybe that dropleg I still have counts. I don't recall using it more than like three trips in the woods hunting.

I've had a number of head scratchers over the years.

1. Bought a .308 bolt action with the intent to eventually get into some longer distances. Scope I picked, since I had no idea at the time, was a 3-9x hunting scope that had glowing cross hairs for night shooting... IF you held a flashlight inside the tube to 'warm them up' for 10 minutes first. On top of that, the turrets weren't possible to adjust with your fingers unless they were warm and ungloved. Ugh.

2. I own about 3 more holsters than I should for all of my hand guns. I've got a disease. Kydex sellers love me.

3. Every gun vice i've ever bought is a regret. Best vice is a generic vice.

A couple to to mind:

A Phoenix HP .22 - Baaaaad decision.

A Kel-Tec Sub 2K - 'nuff said

AND a couple CDNN aftermarket 30 round Glock mags for the SUB 2K - they did not fit properly as they have stamped raised areas that would correspond with the magwell of a Glock and they MIGHT work OK with a Glock but did not with the Sub 2K.

A couple to to mind:

A Phoenix HP .22 - Baaaaad decision.

A Kel-Tec Sub 2K - 'nuff said

AND a couple CDNN aftermarket 30 round Glock mags for the SUB 2K - they did not fit properly as they have stamped raised areas that would correspond with the magwell of a Glock and they MIGHT work OK with a Glock but did not with the Sub 2K.

Well, you just reminded me of a dumb firearm purchase. I cringed at the memory.

I bought a Beretta CX-4 Storm in .40 S&W at the very height of the scare a couple years ago. I paid about $1,300 for it. Sold it about 2 years later for $700. Still bugs me I did that.

Hm purchased a sporterized enfield from a friend. Gunsmith had zero interest in fixing (milling flats and installing scope bases) it up. Pawned it with no intent to ever pick it up.

Oh and Bolus - u can use your links with the semi auto fn 249... just gotta plop the what, $5000 for one?:D

I did buy a BCG off from ebay after newtown. Last thing i needed to complete a build. $310!!! For probably a $120 BCG. Worked great.
Luckily I had order 2- 10 packs of magpul pmags around that time for the usually cheap price and then they were waaaaay back ordered. Forgot I had ordered them and they shipped 4 months later.
I was real happy when I got 20 pmags in the mail!

Bought some ammo on the add - on sale after buying a lower receiver. Not even a whole firearm, just the lower, and the salesman asks "if I need any 300 blk ammo with it". To which I said 'sure', and now it is a year later and I still don't have the 300 blk built from the lower. Curse the add-on sale. I can't believe I fell for it. I never do, but that was a weak moment.

Anyone want a box of ammo?

I bought one of these well I took it on trade for 50.00
A Jennings 22LR . IT was a " awesome paperweight " it was like new
yet would not cycle on rounds no matter what ammo I tried.
I bought it as a novelty and eventually just got rid of it.
I also bought a Taurus PT-22 or geees another piece of crap, or it would cycle and pinch and jam near every round and was loud as heck. It was cool looking but dang should have bought a Walther instead.
I have no more pocket 22lrs some times I miss the old jenning was quite the conversations piece.

Like hey wanna see a total piece of crap ?> LOL LOL

Wikijenningsj22-1.jpg

+1^^^ to the PT-22, totally forgot I bought that thinking it might be a good small pistol for my aging mother, huge mistake.

She couldn't hit a paper plate from 10' away more then half the time. I think I am a decent shot with a handgun and I had a difficult time hitting anything with it - had to pull the trigger very slowly and consistently (heavy trigger with a long pull) to hit anything, and it jammed.

The complete opposite of a good pocket gun.

+1^^^ to the PT-22, totally forgot I bought that thinking it might be a good small pistol for my aging mother, huge mistake.

She couldn't hit a paper plate from 10' away more then half the time. I think I am a decent shot with a handgun and I had a difficult time hitting anything with it - had to pull the trigger very slowly and consistently (heavy trigger with a long pull) to hit anything, and it jammed.

The complete opposite of a good pocket gun.
Exactly, I cant think of anything with a hard pull like that I have and yep jammed no matter what ammo.
Sold it to a guy for a 10/22 then traded the 10/22 for SKS, with a pile of 7.62.39 so in the long run I made up my mistake. That SKS eventually became bubbafied :)

I bought a Lorcin once.:oops:

Aside from the embarrassment factor, it actually performed okay. Not too accurate but always went bang when I pulled the trigger. Just like fat chicks and mopeds -- kinda fun but not something you want your buddies to see you playing with.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top