JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
cast iron is heavy! many times the handles are quite short compared to the weight/size, and of course they got quite hot in use. Makes me appreciate my Grand-Ma and the work she endured,,,besides the decades of pregnancy!

after having been in the National Guard for the last 23 years and being deployed to multiple natural disasters and seeing the devastation and ill preparedness of those we helped, from forest fires, floods, hurricanes and snowstorms...I don't want to be a victim or see my family go through it either!
Also the viciousness of man can be a huge reminder to be prepared!

Piece of Mind.

Food isn't going to get any cheaper and when properly managed/rotated there is no downside vs savings in fiat currency.

Been homeless and without food for several days at a time in my youth, it is overrated.

0% interest and money printing out of thin air will only last so long. When that fails, you'll want THINGS, not little slips of worthless paper.
"Been homeless and without food for several days at a time in my youth, it is overrated."

Yep. A stretch or two of that when young and unmindful taught me some lessons I have lived by all my adult life.

1. Always have money coming in from somewhere, somehow and preferably a good job. Always have a bed of my
own and a place to park it.
2. Stockpile cash when it is possible to do so.
3. Stockpile foodstuffs and any needed meds. Got maybe 6 mos. food staples, a year of our meds. Im not stocking "Two Years for Three people" but probably should be, considering the current looming food shortages due to the Ukrainian War and the destruction of the "Breadbasket of Europe".
I'm not really a "drinker" but I like to keep a few bottles of sour mash and single-malt Isley scotch locked away where it cannot be gotten to (or seen). Some cheap vodka for trading stock.
4. Stockpile basics like beans, rice, flour, grits, corn meal, pancake mix (complete). Yeast kept in freezer is good to have- it can be an iron supplement as well as for bread making.
5. Keep a shotgun (at least) and a rifle, with a modest supply of hunting ammo. For a time in college, venison was
about the only red meat available to me.
I also learned a bit from German and Dutch folks who lived thru and survived ww2 and the aftermath in Europa. One guy I worked with had enuff stuff stocked in his basement and Lord only knows where else to open a store. One take away from that guy was basically you could NEVER have enuff TP, women's "sanitary products", or mild pain-killers like aspirin, acetaminophen, advil, or menstrual cramp stuff.
My parents were children of the Depression and ww2. It was second nature in their families to grow food and can it for winter use.. Grandma even canned meat when they slaughtered a cow, and salted many a pig (I ended up with her old salting crock). Every late-summer Mom would fire up her canner and put up fruits and vegetables, much of it grown in our somewhat extensive garden, some of it purchased from local orchards and the farmer's market. I grew up knowing that we had an old former ice room in the basement filled with shelves of canned foods. I was lucky and neither realised nor appreciated it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads