JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing in my life is going to change.
We are always as prepared as we can be with food, water etc.
I am not going to turn into one of those nutzoids hiding in his closet holding 3 AR's.
Food for at least month, we are on a well, have a generator and plenty of room for our kids and grandson to stay here.
The media's main goal is to scare people. They are doing a great job.
I am well over 70....been there and done that.
If the bomb falls I hope it falls on me. I'm too old to play Rambo anymore.

Whatever happens over NK will float here in the jet stream.

I pray the warmongers remember that as they cheer the fireworks.

Potassium Iodide (KI).

It won't help people 50 &> because the older thyroid is already full.

Get your doses before the event (s).

ki4u.com

Addendum; the most dangerous fallout floats or drifts the farthest from ground zero; it's less consumed.

"That depends on what the meaning of 'is' is." Bill Clinton at trial.

Nope I haven't forgotten. Good post+1.

Also haven't forgotten he was banging a skank on company time and bringing disgrace to the office.

Well...Can't blame him for that. Turned out that was all a cover story.
He was actually just studying up on launching methods for heat seeking missiles.
{or were they independently targeted re-entry vehicles ?} :s0033:

Last Edited:
- On the one hand, I don't think the USA should first strike them because you know we'll be portrayed as the "bully".

Two words here bro..Pearl Harbor.

- On the other hand, should NoKo nuke San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, and Seattle, we'll become "justified" in turning NoKo into a night-lite visible from the next galaxy. America would have to first lose a couple of cities though

I think if the fat little midget had developed ICBM nuclear delivery capability capable of delivering a warhead to the West Coast, that if any of our leaders had any balls at all, that we would have bi*ch slapped him hard a long time ago. If he does and they have not done anything, then there is serious malfeasance going on and those responsible should be shot. I for one do not think that tolerating losing an American city and lives before we kick his kung pow azz to hell is the right move.

Now given the age distribution on this board, I know the grey beards will remember what I am going to bring up now. As a young boy of 7 years old,, living in SoCal before my family fled the region, every week in school we had air raid drills. That is right, air raid drills. This claxon horn would go off, different from the fire bell, and we had to get under our desks, cover the back of our neck with our hand,and not look at the nuclear flash since Kruschev had just pushed the button and launched the ICBM's from fing Cuba.

Now if you think doing that every week did not give 7 years olds a fatality complex, can you imagine that happening to day in our snowflake filled world ?? I seriously did not expect to live to be 12 years old, since our teachers and society was sure that nuclear armagedon was next week. This country has been a hell of a lot closer to nuclear conflict in 1962 than we are right now.

This is the same type of crap they will not put out today. Obey your Civil Defense authorities !!!!

I was raised with "Duck & Cover".

There was a meme that was something like "Duck and cover, yeah hide under kindling... Sounds legit."

Personal Observation. May be Wrong.

Our greater reality as a populated nation is that most of us do not have a chance surviving the after effects of a nuclear hit. We will get through the strike(s) just fine. Getting through the absolute turmoil and social economic and cultural collapse following even a few hits would be next to impossible.

This includes my extended family and long term close friend here in the wilds of SW OR USA. You know where kinda. Even we are going to go down, but it might take some time and great agony. Our so called civilized high tech life would guarantee the fall. How far and how fast and how long depends.

So many factors out of our control. As an example we have only one, (1) type 1 fire engine (?) that would be considered even somewhat EMP hardened. An old Detroit Diesel mechanical unit injector type 1 engine. No computers. All the rest of our FD rolling stock would be disabled by a EMP strike? Yep.

Just one example of dozens of choke points where our infrastructure would collapse. No water. No food. No reasonable expectations of short or long term fixes either. Too many folks with deer rifles. A horrible prospect. AND ... we MOVED here back in 1987 to survive a nuclear war. A miscalculation.

Respectfully. Yikes!! :( :(

Edit by HB ... Way back in the day with the fire department far away we tested the big extremely noisy air raid siren on the roof of the fire station. Every Friday at noon if memory serves. We knew it was for show or sound only. If the balloon had gone up we would have all been quickly killed. Airport strikes. :)

Last Edited:
I forgot one thing in my last post.
My elementary school had an auction a few years back.
I bought the actual desk/chair I used to hide under in the 50's during the bomb drills.
So I'm safe. Please don't worry about me.

Personal Opinion. May be Wrong ...

Respectfully. You will only need Potassium Iodide if you will get dosed with local nuke fallout. Probably not an issue with air bursts. Might be an issue with long distance air burst fallout but unlikely. Probably a none issue with high altitude or in space EMP bursts. You must be in the direct fallout pattern. But .... if you are in the direct downwind path of a nasty primitive surface burst, then yes indeed. That and getting out of the plume.

But ... and here is the qualifier ... Potassium Iodide might be a viable consideration ALONG with lots of other stuff that likely will not be used in a single nuke attack but remain on the list of nice things to have in case of a nuclear war ... or even nuclear hits. But ya gotta be in the direct downwind plume for you to have a pressing need to dose yourself up with the stuff. And you need other stuff to determine if you should take the Pot Eye Oh.

Cheap and doable and for that reason alone one of those many things that you should have but will not use. Dosimeters and a good survey rad meter make as much sense. Funny how just a few years ago we changed out SHTF focus from a nuke war to the ever present forest wildfire potential. Now we are re examining our procedures and equipment. Being in direct line from N.K. to Seattle, Portland, SF and LA hurts. Yikes!

More: We pulled out our Pot Eye Oh. Very old. Years old in fact. Overage! Shame on us!! Yikes!! :(

More editing. Our Fire Scanners indicate a general regional fire alarm response South of our location has wound down. Redwood HIghway and Airport Drive, Illinois Valley. N. of the airport. Another close call? Dunno. Not enough fire call information. Might be a dress rehearsal? Probably not. Enough to have us check our BOBs: V, M, H, 7-10 Day. Bug Out Bags, Vehicle, Multiple, Heavy, 7-10 day. Oh boy. Are we having fun yet?

Last Edited:
KI it is very useful if you are in the periphery have a blast or downwind of it. It's easy and it's cheap and will save a lot of problems. Most common cancer would be thyroid cancer after a nuclear attack. My worry is that as a demonstration to pick out Portland

Other than that it's handy if you're downwind from a nuclear power plant problem like we had in Japan a couple years ago

You guys kill me with your talk about surviving nuclear fallout. The best thing that could happen with a west coast strike is to get hosed in the initial blast and not deal with dying from radiation. In all reality if the continental US is hit then our leaders and military have failed us miserably.

It's hard to tell how much of the rhetoric coming from NK is just typical bluster intended to set the stage for aid talks, and how much is authentic threats. Prudence would dictate that we take it all in deadly seriousness and respond accordingly so as to eliminate any doubt on their (the Norks) part the danger they are stirring up.

Just what game are they playing? They must know that launching a missile at the U.S. or it's territories/ ships / etc. would lead to some very unpleasant consequences for them. Or do they think, as most countries have at some time or other (to their detriment), that the U.S. is too soft and hedonistic, therefore we lack the will and/or ability to strike back? Or perhaps they know the whirlwind they would be reaping but wish to unleash a little chaos in hopes that they would somehow come out on top in the end?

I don't know. This little fat boy is not at all like the Soviets of my generation. They at least could be talked to, and perhaps brought to some sort of verified agreement that would prevent catastrophe.

With the Fat Boy, the closest thing to a voice of reason from our side that he will listen to is Dennis Rodman.

Damn. We're screwed.

FIRE AND FURY . . . Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

Sheldon

You mean here in the States, right? TAke out the trash!!! And start over.

Yup, I did duch and cover too.

IMO nothing is going to happen. SSDD. Every time the Kims get frisky, we give them more cash like sigmadog says. Maybe we are tired of it tho IDK.

I'm willing to lose SF, LA, and Seattle so we can rumble. They wouldn't dare attack Portland tho... those bike ridin, heroin and meth addicted, douche-knot, black mask wearin, PJ boys might get their feelings hurt. :p:p:p:p:p o_O LOL :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top