JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or do they think, as most countries have at some time or other (to their detriment), that the U.S. is too soft and hedonistic, therefore we lack the will and/or ability to strike back?

If I would have to choose between the scenarios you describe, I would lean towards this one as the most plausible. It's not like the last three previous administrations have encouraged much more than that.
Case in point...the Obama administration's "Strategic Patience" stance. This is possibly the most dangerous scenario as well.

Obama's 'strategic patience' on North Korea is turning into strategic neglect

Talking with a co-worker today who was getting nervous about the N Koreans landing on the beaches.

I said there is no way that a short chronically undernourished N Korean soldier is going to be able to lift a AK with a 100 round cylindrical mag and actually hit anything with it even if it is a big fat American.

DPRKhelical.jpg

Highly doubt Portlandia would be a target... They're probably one of fat boys biggest supporters. I would bet on Seattle or some other tech heavy area. I've had Potassium Iodide solution in the house since Fukishima.

China just came out with a worrisome statement. They would step aside if Kim attacks US. But would back Kim if US attacks Kim. I'm thinking a preliminary first US strike would be a problem. Massive chess game at play. If US shoots down their missiles outside Guam territorial waters, it could have a adverse political effect with other countries jumping in to attack us. What do you all think?

Talking with a co-worker today who was getting nervous about the N Koreans landing on the beaches.
The beaches of where? I hope he wasn't thinking the U.S. - if so are people this paranoid (or misinformed) thinking they can actually mobilize and transport troops overseas?

If you are asking if naive people in Portland would think this way then I would say so. Lot of naive people here. That level of thinking is socially symptomatic of disturbed social and political insights promoted by the left's neurolinguistic programming that creates tunnel thinking and vision.

The beaches of where? I hope he wasn't thinking the U.S. - if so are people this paranoid (or misinformed) thinking they can actually mobilize and transport troops overseas?
These are the same people who refuse to vaccinate their pets because AUTISM; who drink water from a jug filled with soaked beans for "health" reasons; who try to convert their cats to veganism; who go on dirt diets to lose weight.

So I guess if the Norks did decide to invade the U.S., Portland would be a pretty easy place to start...

China just came out with a worrisome statement. They would step aside if Kim attacks US. But would back Kim if US attacks Kim. I'm thinking a preliminary first US strike would be a problem. Massive chess game at play. If US shoots down their missiles outside Guam territorial waters, it could have a adverse political effect with other countries jumping in to attack us. What do you all think?
Two words, trade sanctions... That'll quiet and calm any chest puffing by Chinese leadership...

And then land them on the beaches ??? That posters co worker is smoking crack. These are the people who has their lunch money stolen by the school bully. Let them try and land, if the Navy does not blow their azzes out of the water first 1,000 miles from shore and they make it to the beach, we can have a little NWFA meet up, take care of the small problem of the NORKs, pickup our brass and then BBQ some ribs and drink some cold beers. He can tell his co worker that plan and watch them sh*t.

Never underestimate an enemy. Remember those rug pilots who took down the World Trade Center?

And I'm not so sure about our own people. Are they really on our side or are they skipping their merry way through our Constitution and Bill of Rights redacting the stuff they don't like?

BTW, an invasion is as likely as unicorns flying out of you know where.

As I've stated before, if it goes full nuclear holocaust, I want a front row seat.

Precisely.

No stocking up on iodine etc here, nor even thinking on a fallout shelter. We have zero interest in living in a post nuclear apocalypse world, if we survive the initial onslaught.

Some type of terrorist nuclear event, or limited strike? Sure, but preparedness for such? No. Just standard bug in or out dependent upon the circumstance as per anything else.

I think I would like to see a link to that China statement.

Precisely.

No stocking up on iodine etc here, nor even thinking on a fallout shelter. We have zero interest in living in a post nuclear apocalypse world, if we survive the initial strike

That's the point. You will.

They have a few small bombs. MOST aren't going to even get here

If they do get one or two through they are going to destroy the downtown

You die from fallout and ash if it makes you feel good I guess. We're going to survive any possible strike out in beaverton.

Assuming a war with the Norks it won't be a holocaust.

Two words, trade sanctions... That'll quiet and calm any chest puffing by Chinese leadership...

Here in lies the heart of the matter. World trade! China has this pretty much soaked up, and with their friskeness over those islands, their threats over Japan, and Guam, and the old thorn in their side, Taiwan, CHINA IS, and always has been the biggest player in the Asian Trade Empire. NK is just a thug, they chest thump and posture making unrealistic demands, hoping the world bends the knee and gives in. Problem now is that Lill Kim chi has nukes ( doesn't even matter if they can get them off the ground) so now he can hurt us for reals! So China, as per design, has a convenient bully to threaten the U.S. with, knowing full well that if pushed the U.S will likely back down, and China gets what it wants, and the Norks get food and meds for a while. Problem is that China no longer needs the U.S. for trade, they have others to make up for the loss, and so they are willing to let NK start a war that they can then claim isn't of their doing, and let the U.S. fade away and they can take over, which IS the end game, they NEED our food, they NEED our land, they NEED our natural resources, and they NEED us gone!!! China IS the number one global threat, and they have the means to make it stick!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top