JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At first I thought it was just the p320 that stumped me….. then after I went and used the restroom and just had a thought rush into my head before flushing down my # 2. I just thought, wow I am actually stumped by everything Sig…. There I said it.

One that made sense years ago but no longer does (yet I still see them praised as much as ever) is the Armscor M200 revolver. A decade or more ago, they were available as brand new (ie with warranty coverage) handgun, of non-pot-metal construction, in a viable defensive caliber, and all for under $200. Inflation has brought the prices up to more like $250, which is fine except these days there are many options that are equally good (in some cases far better) for even less money. For one example, something like a Girsan MC28 costs the same, with 3x the ammo capacity, better trigger, better build-quality, and the same size/weight. Live in a mag ban state? 10-rd mags are available, too. I just don't see much of a practical case for them anymore.

This one kind of looks like a Hi_Point Carbine inspired Bullpup.
ui-hipointbullpup.jpg

1689785186913.png
Just needs a bit of camo.

Edit to add: Just an observation...

Last Edited:
To me hi points are the height of embarrassment and self-disrespect. Owning one is tantamount to saying, "I like ugliness", and "I want more ugliness in my life", or "I want the cheapest, ugliest, die cast piece of sh&t I can get". Even their carbine the BOLT is made of zimak. bubbleguming pitiful. Anyone can do better. I mean try even just a little bit to scrape up a few more dollars and you can get a decent gun that you won't hate yourself for owning or be afraid someone else might see the ugly as$ POS.

Last Edited:
The M14. It had the shortest service life of any American rifle, unreliable Garand style action, was only adopted because boomers of the time were scared of the FAL and couldn't accept that the rifle they used in WW2 was an inferior design.

Yet for some reason people still fawn over them and pay 2x what they should sell for
pfffttt... A lot of opinion but no facts. Having owned and used the FAL, Garand, M1A, and a few others, I can say that NEITHER is "unreliable" or "inferior". The rejection of the FAL had more to do with "Not made here" than being "scared". And it wasnt "boomers", BTW, it was our parents. Many of us DID like the M14 in RVN, where it was effective and hard-hitting, especially in the jungle. It just wasnt up to competition with the AK. The snafu regarding the intro of the M16- which got guys killed- did a lot to cement the reputation of the M14 in the minds of many who used it.
The reason shooters pay for them is they are accurate and readily accessorized, and configured like a "traditional" rifle... The FAL, while the "Right Arm Of The Free World", not so much. "Twice what they should sell for"- that is a personal judgement call. If you don't want one, don't buy one. No skin off anyone if you don't... I suspect that you have no real hands on experience with either rifle, and furthermore, issues with "boomers".

Last Edited:
One that made sense years ago but no longer does (yet I still see them praised as much as ever) is the Armscor M200 revolver. A decade or more ago, they were available as brand new (ie with warranty coverage) handgun, of non-pot-metal construction, in a viable defensive caliber, and all for under $200. Inflation has brought the prices up to more like $250, which is fine except these days there are many options that are equally good (in some cases far better) for even less money. For one example, something like a Girsan MC28 costs the same, with 3x the ammo capacity, better trigger, better build-quality, and the same size/weight. Live in a mag ban state? 10-rd mags are available, too. I just don't see much of a practical case for them anymore.
Lol I was just in the Philippines where the m200 is made and everyone I talked to said most of armscor products are seen as a cheap bubblegum option on the legal market

At first I thought it was just the p320 that stumped me….. then after I went and used the restroom and just had a thought rush into my head before flushing down my # 2. I just thought, wow I am actually stumped by everything Sig…. There I said it.
:s0012:

pfffttt... A lot of opinion but no facts. Having owned and used both the Garand and the M1A, I can say that NEITHER is "unreliable" or "inferior". The rejection of the FAL had more to do with "Not made here" than being scared. And it wasnt "boomers", BTW, it was our parents. Many of us DID like the M14 in RVN, where it was effective and hard-hitting, especially in the jungle. It just wasnt up to competition with the AK. The snafu regarding the intro of the M16- which got guys killed- did a lot to cement the reputation of the M14 in the minds of many who used it.
The reason shooters pay beaucoup bucks for them is they are accurate and readily accessorized, and configured like a "traditional" rifle... The FAL, while the "Right Arm Of The Free World", not so much.
For the modern market you can find guns just as accurate if not more for cheaper with more modularity, see the AR10. But nostalgia and video game have kept the inferior design alive. Also they werent my parents they aint that old

Last Edited:
Lol I was just in the Philippines where the m200 is made and everyone I talked to said most of armscor products are seen as a cheap bubblegum option on the legal market
And this is kinda my point; these days if you can get better quality for the same price or less, why is anyone bothering with something like an M200 anymore?

And this is kinda my point; these days if you can get better quality for the same price or less, why is anyone bothering with something like an M200 anymore?
NGL I kind of want one but only because theyre the cheapest wheel gun that isnt a 22 and I have 0 use for a revolver so Im not going to spend s&w money on one

Some may be awkward and others just plain ugly to behold, but as long as they go bang and the bullet goes reasonably close to POA, I'll use them. :s0092:

I have never liked trigger safeties, or magazine safeties and my thumbs are too short for a 1911. :s0099:
Oh and I almost forgot the @^%$# muzzle blast of my AR in 5.56

Last Edited:
While not a "true M14"....

My M21 worked well for me in Panama , Desert Shield / Storm and Bosnia .
As in , actually worked...since I carried and used it to great effect on those deployments.
Would love to have one again...:D

As for the US not adopting the FN-FAL...I would imagine that it being made overseas , as it were , worked against it's adoption.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews