JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I owned a mini-14 cuz it was at the time moderately priced and I couldnt afford the outrageously-priced AR15. Owned five of them ... When my circumstances changed, they ALL went away...
I agree but I've only bought 2 of them. Sold or traded them off. But then I see them at gun shows....oooo shiny things!

Gucci Glocks, Don't get me wrong I see Plain Jane Glocks as good, useful, durable, and reliable utility firearms. I can even see performance up-grades like a rifled barrel or better sights being reasonable. But all that pimp bling to me is just lipstick on a pig.

Hi-Point

1689776889889.png

Aloha, Mark

Ruger 10/22, .................Start the Hate, .........for the life of me, I cannot figure out why these are so popular, there are many others that are far more accurate, far more reliable, and far better looking, and yet, the little Ruger is MAGA popular! A whole cottage industry spring up to this, devoted to making the littlest Ruger shoot better then it ever did, but WHY? Having seen people dropping THOUSANDS on parts and accessories, and it's "Just" a .22, I just don't get it!
I think it all started back in the day when you could pick one up on sale at Big5 for $99. Those days are long gone, sadly.

Just smile and wave - your memory hasn't gotten so bad that you forgot what it's like to be new, right? They're experiencing something fresh for which you've only got nostalgia.

Or just not realizing the site's wonky "suggested threads" feature is … wonky.
I do. I wasn't harshin' on new members for necro-thread resurrection. Was just pointing out what I thought to be a reason for the recurring phenomenon around here.

The M14. It had the shortest service life of any American rifle, unreliable Garand style action, was only adopted because boomers of the time were scared of the FAL and couldn't accept that the rifle they used in WW2 was an inferior design.

Yet for some reason people still fawn over them and pay 2x what they should sell for

The M14. It had the shortest service life of any American rifle, unreliable Garand style action, was only adopted because boomers of the time were scared of the FAL and couldn't accept that the rifle they used in WW2 was an inferior design.

Yet for some reason people still fawn over them and pay 2x what they should sell for
You have some documentation of that somewhere right? I happened to read a book on the small arms of WWII. That M1 Garand was leaps and bounds above any other battle rifle at the time.

The "powers that be" at that time were pre-Boomer.
I think they were too arrogant to let a Euro-designed battle rifle be our battle rifle, even though it was superior.

You have some documentation of that somewhere right? I happened to read a book on the small arms of WWII. That M1 Garand was leaps and bounds above any other battle rifle at the time.
Should have specified, it was unreliable for the war they were used in, the exposed action did not fare well in the muddy jungles of Vietnam. Also it was second shortest serving, the Krag served just a bit shorter.
The garand was amazing for its time but that time passed quickly with advancements that fallowed shortly after

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top