JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you talking to me? o_O
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the bubblegum do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK."

Take it easy Travis. :s0140:

I meant where was I trolling? I made a post in correspondence to the question of this thread, people made a rebuttal on my take, I responded. I dont get why youre so bent
I would guess a bunch of people here hold The M1 Garand in high esteem. I would say, for the most part, all of them over 50. And some younger too. I'm a noob to guns, and 68, only started collecting in 2010. Sure there may be modern guns that perform differently now, but that Garand was a major part of the winning of WWII.
That's why some of us took your post as a troll. The hair on the back of my neck raised some. :D

I would guess a bunch of people here hold The M1 Garand in high esteem. I would say, for the most part, all of them over 50. And some younger too. I'm a noob to guns, and 68, only started collecting in 2010. Sure there may be modern guns that perform differently now, but that Garand was a major part of the winning of WWII.
That's why some of us took your post as a troll. The hair on the back of my neck raised some. :D
The Garand is a beautiful firearm but the government trying to continue its legacy with the m14 was a flop. No hate on the Garand just not a fan of the m14 and the governments decision to adopt it. Imagine how many more FAL's we could have if they had chosen it instead as well it would have created a much wider aftermarket. I dream of a future that could have been lol

The Garand is a beautiful firearm but the government trying to continue its legacy with the m14 was a flop. No hate on the Garand just not a fan of the m14 and the governments decision to adopt it. Imagine how many more FAL's we could have if they had chosen it instead as well it would have created a much wider aftermarket. I dream of a future that could have been lol
The FAL would've been a great choice. Heck, eliminating the "marksmanship" mantra and adopting firearms with looser tolerances and training for minute of man would've changed everything for the better.

To me hi points are the height of embarrassment and self-disrespect. Owning one is tantamount to saying, "I like ugliness", and "I want more ugliness in my life", or "I want the cheapest, ugliest, die cast piece of sh&t I can get". Even their carbine the BOLT is made of zimak. bubbleguming pitiful. Anyone can do better. I mean try even just a little bit to scrape up a few more dollars and you can get a decent gun that you won't hate yourself for owning or be afraid someone else might see the ugly as$ POS.
This is what happens when one bank robber finds out the other bank robber brought a hi-point: :p

Well now...
I used a M21 in combat*...and again while it ain't exactly a M14...
It worked very well for me.

I get that some folks don't care for older firearms..or the M14...
Do as you like...just don't take them for granted..or write 'em off .
Just 'cause its old , don't mean it don't work as intended.

And yeah...newer designs have come along , many of which work just as well or "better"

With that said..."better" is often extremely subjective.

* As in for real , life or death combat...not some dumb azz video game.
Andy

Last Edited:
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the bubblegum do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK."

Take it easy Travis. :s0140:
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8-11.jpg

I see your Travis Bickel , and raise you a " everybody calls me psycho "

Ok boomer :s0140:
I'm no more a boomer than you are; my parents are baby-boomers.

I think it's ironic that the baby boomer generation is getting all the flak now. They were the hippy generation, the ones who said "Don't trust anyone over 30", the ones who started all this "woke" stuff. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top