JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the height of the Ammo Famine, when the very first supply began dribbling into the stores, I was at Spurtsman's Whorehouse when a pallet jack brought a pallet onto the sales floor (stacked about 4 feet high, and shrink-wrapped).

About 5 or 6 customers saw it when I did, and being a handloader with good reserves, I was able to politely observe (struggling to maintain composure) when the pallet (and attached employee) got rushed.

Two analogies come to mind for what I saw:

Alerting a scattered flock of chickens that it's feeding time, and...

The time-worn comedy skit or cartoon (and reality) of female behavior at a fashion store closeout sale.

One guy close to my age started arguing with the employee that he needed to cut the shrink wrap immediately away from his caliber that was halfway down in the stack, so he could "be on my way". :s0140:
Geez, who doesn't carry a knife? 🤷‍♂️

Geez, who doesn't carry a knife? 🤷‍♂️
Once while at a former workplace...
I was asked to cut open some boxes...which I did with my pocket knife.
I was then asked by that same person :
"Why do you carry a knife...?"
I didn't reply...as I try not to answer stupid questions.... :D

Usually when at school I carry a 1930's Schrade "Sportsman Companion" Boy Scout type pocket knife.
The screwdriver tip on the bottle opener is handy to unlock the stall doors in the restrooms , after they have been locked as a prank.
Andy

-were-wondering-what-the-old-days-v0-3f873ga2q8qc1.jpg

Once while at a former workplace...
I was asked to cut open some boxes...which I did with my pocket knife.
I was then asked by that same person :
"Why do you carry a knife...?"
I didn't reply...as I try not to answer stupid questions.... :D

Usually when at school I carry a 1930's Schrade "Sportsman Companion" Boy Scout type pocket knife.
The screwdriver tip on the bottle opener is handy to unlock the stall doors in the restrooms , after they have been locked as a prank.
Andy
Over the years I've gone from Boy Scout knife to Swiss Army knife to now a Leatherman and a one-handed opening knife. And probably that little troublemaker key knife that I never use.

Over the years I've gone from Boy Scout knife to Swiss Army knife to now a Leatherman and a one-handed opening knife. And probably that little troublemaker key knife that I never use.
EDC knives have a lot in common with EDC holsters and belts....
You will end up with favorites...as well as a drawer / box full of ones that work but.... :D
Andy

Getting back to advice....
Focus...as in focus on what you like to own and shoot...
Focus on quality / condition , not just 'cause it's the only one at the gun show ...

When you see that MGM marked Great Western Single Action Army copy in .357 at the gun show...don't wait...get it.
Andy

I've always carried a pocket knife. When I was a working man I carried a Leatherman. I just became a Houge dealer so ordered one of these for EDC:

I wish I still had that old Barlow, but I'm not sure it made it out of John Day when we moved in 74. Both blades had the tips snapped and reshaped, one panel was gone. Would be really cool to hold that old thing again.
Every day for the last 6 years I've carried a Kershaw Automatic clipped into my right front pants pocket.

I wish I still had that old Barlow, but I'm not sure it made it out of John Day when we moved in 74. Both blades had the tips snapped and reshaped, one panel was gone. Would be really cool to hold that old thing again.
Every day for the last 6 years I've carried a Kershaw Automatic clipped into my right front pants pocket.
I still have an old Japanese hunting folder that I bought in my very early teens and the Swiss Army knife my Dad bought for me while in Switzerland. The Boy Scout knife is unfortunately long gone. Probably either misplaced or my brother permanently 'borrowed" it.

Women in public in the 1960s-- the three girls on the left probably from some small town in peace vs current women participating in a riot. Ridiculous comparison. The late 1960s was the start of student riots and building takeovers because of drafting of young men to fight in an undeclared war. Many of the men wore long hair and beards, outrageous to many of their parents. That eras rebellious equivalent of piercings and tatoos. Both men and women wore jeans, often jeans appearing old and with holes in them. You would still find most young women today at school or work wearing more conventional attire that that of the rioters of either era.

Women in public in the 1960s-- the three girls on the left probably from some small town in peace vs current women participating in a riot. Ridiculous comparison. The late 1960s was the start of student riots and building takeovers because of drafting of young men to fight in an undeclared war. Many of the men wore long hair and beards, outrageous to many of their parents. That eras rebellious equivalent of piercings and tatoos. Both men and women wore jeans, often jeans appearing old and with holes in them. You would still find most young women today at school or work wearing more conventional attire that that of the rioters of either era.
I don't think that's a riot. I think it's more likely Walmart. Of course, if it's Black Friday, there may be a riot. :D

Walmart is exactly what I was thinking. They are shopping, not stealing or smashing.
Not uncommon to see such sights on any given day going into a grocery store up here in NE potland. Not uncommon to see grown women wearing pajama bottoms and slippers, back crushed down, un-washed/un-combed hair, shopping.

Not uncommon to see such sights on any given day going into a grocery store up here in NE potland. Not uncommon to see grown women wearing pajama bottoms and slippers, back crushed down, un-washed/un-combed hair, shopping.
I recall sneering complaints about women shoppers at Wal-Mart's attire decades ago. A guy can toss on jeans and a T shirt and go to Wal-Mart unwashed, unshaved, etc and nobody complains. A woman is expected to spend an hour washing, primping and applying makeup before stepping outdoors or get sneers and condemnation from many, both men and women.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top