JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No hablo... :s0092:
Since Bidenomics killed my business, I had to take up work for the government. The only qualification for hire of 20% of my office is that they speak Spanish. It is not that they are imcompetent, but there were better candidates that were passed up because they did not speak Spanish.

1710999702413.png

Since Bidenomics killed my business, I had to take up work for the government. The only qualification for hire of 20% of my office is that they speak Spanish. It is not that they are imcompetent, but there were better candidates that were passed up because they did not speak Spanish.
Since many immigrant farm workers, construction workers and others don't speak English and do speak Spanish, any business or branch of government needs at least some Spanish speakers. Ideally all government officials who interact directly with the public, all health care and medical workers, and LE personnel would speak both English and Spanish fluently. In Europe outside Britain it has long been the case that most people speak more like two or three languages fluently with the basics in one or two others. The "better" candidates weren't better if they need to communicate directly with the public and can't communicate with many of them because they don't speak anything but English.

If you have kids in K-12, make sure they start learning Spanish early enough to be genuinely bilingual. Such as K and before. There are lots of internet courses available, so you don't need to depend on the public school having enough and early Spanish. USA is not any longer a largely monolingual place. That's the reality . No use complaining about it and lauding some mythical past where everyone in America spoke English, either. Its always been the case that other than immigrants from brittain, most immigrants settled in cities or sections of cities where there were many others from the same European town and never learned English. Its their children or grandchildren who became fluent in English and were the meltings of the melting pot.

Learning another language is most often driven by necessity. In Europe they have to, just to communicate with their neighbors.

I remember a conversation with a coworker once; he was talking about how stupid and lazy Americans are because they don't learn other languages like the superior Europeans do. I asked him (in Spanish) how many languages he speaks. Yeah, no answer.

My Spanish is very rusty simply because I don't use it. If I was around Spanish speaking people on a regular basis, it would come back pretty fast just out of necessity.

Since many immigrant farm workers, construction workers and others don't speak English and do speak Spanish, any business or branch of government needs at least some Spanish speakers. Ideally all government officials who interact directly with the public, all health care and medical workers, and LE personnel would speak both English and Spanish fluently. In Europe outside Britain it has long been the case that most people speak more like two or three languages fluently with the basics in one or two others. The "better" candidates weren't better if they need to communicate directly with the public and can't communicate with many of them because they don't speak anything but English.

If you have kids in K-12, make sure they start learning Spanish early enough to be genuinely bilingual. Such as K and before. There are lots of internet courses available, so you don't need to depend on the public school having enough and early Spanish. USA is not any longer a largely monolingual place. That's the reality . No use complaining about it and lauding some mythical past where everyone in America spoke English, either. Its always been the case that other than immigrants from brittain, most immigrants settled in cities or sections of cities where there were many others from the same European town and never learned English. Its their children or grandchildren who became fluent in English and were the meltings of the melting pot.
A city near me has gone the opposite direction and hired a few people at city hall who speak such poor English that you have to ask thier coworkers what they are saying. None of them seem to speak Spanish either.

Most have likely heard the question of what advice you would give to a younger version of oneself. A spin on the old inquiry: what gun advice would you give a younger you? A path that should have been taken, misstep to have avoided, something to have gotten into earlier, or anything else?

Enjoy. :)
I would advise myself to not take gun ownership for granted as I did up to certain age. I bought and traded like the ability was going to last on and on. I would advise to keep every purchase along with a substantial amount of like ammo. I have sold because of financial need but also for just to have something different. I have adopted a "buy and keep " mentality. I intend to continue buying and keeping. I don't buy cheap except for my most recent acquisition. The ATI Nomad is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Out of the box it is comparable to any single shot of twice the price. And it is backpackable. Personally I have mine in a quick draw scabbard. Don't be afraid to but a hi-point. It might be the gun that saves your life. Plus if you end up using it, you might be losing it.

A city near me has gone the opposite direction and hired a few people at city hall who speak such poor English that you have to ask thier coworkers what they are saying. None of them seem to speak Spanish either.
I recently made the mistake, (Serious Mistake!), of going on line to get insurance quotes after our beloved State Farm damn near DOUBLED our rates after we got a new car. Don't ever put your phone number on line like that! The people that call incessantly after that don't necessarily have English as a first language. When I asked for someone else to speak to, who I might understand better, on the call from Allstate, the gal hung up on me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top