JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I had it to do over again.
I would have never sold the firearms that I bought without a BGC. ( when legal)
It was just like buying a lawn mower. Oh I had no idea how it would change.
And I would have bought as many SKS's and AKs I could afford. Back when they
were sub $100.00

I recently made the mistake, (Serious Mistake!), of going on line to get insurance quotes after our beloved State Farm damn near DOUBLED our rates after we got a new car. Don't ever put your phone number on line like that! The people that call incessantly after that don't necessarily have English as a first language. When I asked for someone else to speak to, who I might understand better, on the call from Allstate, the gal hung up on me.
Can't be as bad as Xfinity. My internet rates are set to skyrocket in April and I'm going to need a new deal. I'm absolutely dreading that call. To india.

Can't be as bad as Xfinity. My internet rates are set to skyrocket in April and I'm going to need a new deal. I'm absolutely dreading that call. To india.
I just went through this in Feb.

I hate this company. Most companies increase their prices some nominal amount every year. Not Xfinity. Their bill goes up 40% overnight. And your reward for this abuse is to spend time in phone tree hell - a phone tree that is designed to help morons with insipid questions and get rid of people who have genuine concerns.

And yes, if you finally get a live person on the line... all they do is read from a script and go through a checklist. If you can get a "manager" on the line, don't let them "call you back" because they never will. Make them solve the problem right then and there.

My gameplan with Xfinity is to raise so much hell they eventually transfer me to someone in the US. Works about half the time.

Save more money earlier in life (time is your friend for retirement)
Travel more (even just road trips)
Work less (work will not miss you when you are gone, but you will have missed a lot in life while working)
hug my mom more..........
All that said, life turned out pretty good.

As much as i love the 6.5x55, i wish i had the introduction to the 7mm08 and or 280 Remington. The ballistic on those are phenomenal and better with newer projectiles. But, I'll live happily with my 6.5x55.

Should have saved a little longer and bought a Remington 870 rather thana JC Higgins model 20, although the JC Higgins served me well for years it did not retain the value an 870 would have.

CZ will never bring aftermarket support to their firearms

Sell Doge before Elon goes on SNL

Don't spend all your money on dumb bubblegum, follow Nancy Pelosi's trading record.

Smoke weed in your 30's, but not your 20's

Buy More Ammo,
Buy More Guns,
Take money I gave to NRA and other gun rights lobby's and use it for the above.
FIFY... ;)

Donate to just about any other 2A-supporting outfit - but not the NRA... until WLP is no more...

Get a Ruger GP100 or a G19 and stop buying crap. Save your money for the Sigs, HKs, and others you REALLY want. No need to buy stuff just to get "something" at the gun show.

My Favorite FFL was getting pallets of ammo, I would help them bring it in and get it on display...

Also got first pick of what I wanted...
At the height of the Ammo Famine, when the very first supply began dribbling into the stores, I was at Spurtsman's Whorehouse when a pallet jack brought a pallet onto the sales floor (stacked about 4 feet high, and shrink-wrapped).

About 5 or 6 customers saw it when I did, and being a handloader with good reserves, I was able to politely observe (struggling to maintain composure) when the pallet (and attached employee) got rushed.

Two analogies come to mind for what I saw:

Alerting a scattered flock of chickens that it's feeding time, and...

The time-worn comedy skit or cartoon (and reality) of female behavior at a fashion store closeout sale.

One guy close to my age started arguing with the employee that he needed to cut the shrink wrap immediately away from his caliber that was halfway down in the stack, so he could "be on my way". :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top