JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol!
What's overlanding? And yes my fj is stock also. Hate the 350 conversation
Overlanding the relatively new to the US off-road idea of building up a self-sustained 4x4 and going out on trails for weeks, months, years at a time. Most in the US just do adventure camping out of their truck off the grid. Like the Washington or Oregon Back Country discovery routs. Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) Map & Information . or heading out into the Steens for a week on your own. Overlanding all comes from Outback traveling in Australia and Africa. A solid built but not overbuilt truck that one knows how to fix and do self-recovery if needed.

Overlanding the relatively new to the US off-road idea of building up a self-sustained 4x4 and going out on trails for weeks, months, years at a time. Most in the US just do adventure camping out of their truck off the grid. Like the Washington or Oregon Back Country discovery routs. Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) Map & Information . or heading out into the Steens for a week on your own. Overlanding all comes from Outback traveling in Australia and Africa. A solid built but not overbuilt truck that one knows how to fix and do self-recovery if needed.
Thanks!
I drive tundras. Just saw a video of 2 that have surpassed the 1 million mile mark. Same engine and tranny. Both needed tranny work at 750,000 miles. A few alternators and water pumps. That's it.

Thanks!
I drive tundras. Just saw a video of 2 that have surpassed the 1 million mile mark. Same engine and tranny. Both needed tranny work at 750,000 miles. A few alternators and water pumps. That's it.
The guy that owned the first one was offered a brand new one from Toyota in exchange for the 1st Millon Mile tundra. He would not do it and insisted on paying for it and trading his old one in for fair market value. Wow, principles man. Me I think I would have taken the trade.

You guys with the mega mile vehicles just make me smile.
I had an '89 Mazda truck for almost 21 years. It had 80K when I got ahold of it, over 256K when I let it go.
Best dam wheelbarrow I ever owned, but I just didn't feel like working on it anymore.
Now I have a newer vehicle ('98 Ranger) that's even more complicated. Just tuned 188K....an "infant" compared to some of you guys.
Faster than the Mazda and get's a little better gas mileage, but I'm not 100% impressed with it.
I wanna get back to 3 on the tree and 6 in a row. Bench seat, long and wide.
I could love that for the rest of my life.

Dean

Last Edited:
my buddy that imported me my skylines has also brought over some of the Toyota hilux and surfs. pretty cool in the early 90s in Japan the pick ups were offered as a 2.8 turbo diesel and they even made quad cabs. the nissan patrol that uses the same engine as my skyline has caught my eye.

Back in the 60's the Patrol used the same engine as the one that ended up in the 240Z.
In the 80's, you could option your Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu or Mazda with a diesel engine.
Funny, never seen an old Toyota diesel for sale. Used to run around the countryside all the time, but never see them in the classifieds....owners must still be driving them.

last few years there's a lot more car importers than there use to be. this is one my buddy brought over a few years ago. they are pretty cool rigs.

Screenshot_20190518-230933_Facebook.jpg

Just bought a new rig. It's a hot mess right now, but a decent rust free shell. I'm the second owner, and the first used it as a dump run truck. It literally smells like poo inside.... :( it will be nice once it's done. I love this body style. IMG_20190708_195631011_HDR.jpg

really tempted to buy another import. helped my buddy pick up some of these little mini trucks couple weeks ago and damn they're cool. would be an awesome little hunting rig. still working on the wife.

20190625_154008.jpg 20190625_154216.jpg

JohnnyD,

I'm half Japanese...on purpose.
When I was 13, I visited the old country to meet my relatives.
One of my cousins had a Daihatsu pickup that was literally an exact match to the trucks you showed your pictures.
I remember riding in it and having my knees smack my chin, due to the non-existent leg room it had, as we bumped and bounced our way down the road.
Noisy, slow and cramped.
Maybe the driver's side has more room, but make sure you only give your enemies a ride in that thing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads