JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right on, MBeef61! -b
My dad once wanted a '67-'72 Chevy 1/2 ton to replace his '60 Apache 10.
He liked the ride the long control arms and coil spring rear suspension gave the truck.
...and that's a mean looking Jeep. :eek::D;)

Last Edited:
I had a nice 2015 Honda Accord Sport till a few weeks ago when the azz end was ripped off.
Of course they totaled it.
Just cleaned it out and brought back a 2017 Sport
My trusty FJ80 took over for a bit as a commuter. Glad that's over, $60 a week in fuel and no heat.
Not to mention that it's like driving a bulldozer after you've been driving a nice riding rig for a while.

Always sad to lose a vehicle that way, even a good settlement never seems to leave you whole. Hope your 17 has all the old features you liked in the 15, probably close.

Downgraded from a 2014 Ram 1500 that I had done a bunch of work to, to a cherry 2005 GMC Yukon that I found with only 80k miles on it. Lifted the Yukon 1.5", installed some Goodyear Duratracs, and have done some other mild mods to. My big old dog likes it much better. He was struggling to get into the Ram.

IMG_20180301_134813502_HDR.jpg

oQmo0nzma2MFc_sTCYyUFIgPOHHPVIAzD3UGZ0jytHUpX92IB.jpg

Always sad to lose a vehicle that way, even a good settlement never seems to leave you whole. Hope your 17 has all the old features you liked in the 15, probably close.

It's got all the old features plus the body and chassis were stiffened in 2016 and it seems to handle better and rides pretty decent with 19" wheels. I do like the 2017 19" Sport wheels a lot better than the 2015 18" ones.
I'll have to get the widows tinted again but first up is getting the clear bra installed on Monday.
I didn't do that with the last one and immediately regretted it the first time I went out after it had snowed and got blasted by the left over gravel.
Which reminds me that I'll have to take the front off again to lay in some screen to keep my condenser from getting holed, the other one got beat up a bit till I did that.

I'm glad that I didn't invest a bunch of time and money into an audio system on the other one.
I almost did but couldn't see spending time or money on a system that I just listen to 101.1 on the way to and from work. That and my hearing has taken a beating and I probably couldn't tell the difference between a high end speaker and a $10 Krako anyway.

Whatever they give me every other year or so. Got a Ford Equinox AWD on order, should show next month.

I love my job.

P

My work vehicle is a 2015 Ford Escape with 20k miles on it. Biggest POS I have ever driven. I hate everything about it. Has broken down numerous times, is worthless in the snow, no tow hooks or any way to pull it out when it gets stuck, which is often. Windows take forever to defrost, interior is falling apart, wore out the stock tires in 11k miles, and the engine sounds like a cross between a leaf blower and a 1965 Evinrude 50hp boat motor. It replaced a 2006 4wd Suburban loaded up with every option and only 69k miles on it. Loved that thing!

Vehicle we use for executive transport is a 2018 Mercedes-Benz AWD diesel passenger van. It's OK. Not as nice inside as you'd think but it has OK power and drives nice. Just a bit top-heavy and leans a bit too much when windy. No mechanical issues with it in the year we've had it.

My work vehicle is a 2015 Ford Escape with 20k miles on it. Biggest POS I have ever driven. I hate everything about it. Has broken down numerous times, is worthless in the snow, no tow hooks or any way to pull it out when it gets stuck, which is often. Windows take forever to defrost, interior is falling apart, wore out the stock tires in 11k miles, and the engine sounds like a cross between a leaf blower and a 1965 Evinrude 50hp boat motor. It replaced a 2006 4wd Suburban loaded up with every option and only 69k miles on it. Loved that thing!

Vehicle we use for executive transport is a 2018 Mercedes-Benz AWD diesel passenger van. It's OK. Not as nice inside as you'd think but it has OK power and drives nice. Just a bit top-heavy and leans a bit too much when windy. No mechanical issues with it in the year we've had it.

Obviously you don't have any input into the purchase of the vehicle you use or you said you did not care and they bought the cheapest thing that might do the job. They looked at the price of a new Suburban to replace the old, cost of fuel and maintenance and thought they found a winning solution in the cost department. You did not seem to care, would not have to drive that big old lummox around. ….. but the proof is in the pudding and using the vehicle all those faults come out.

You should make some kind of a memo outlining the pros and cons, before they buy the next one and while you are at it recommend a carport for all the work vehicles. Save employee time scraping and warming, before leaving the facility. Time they are paying for. They pay for time while waiting for a tow too, if not in hourly wage, then in loss of productivity. They hired you out of a need for your talent.

A bad a$$ cyclocross bike I call my "Commuter". Last year I closed up a lease on a 2015 WRX, decided not to drive again until I moved out of Portland. Double-edged sword as I absolutely love the Subaru's AWD. The traffic is getting just intolerable here. I rent on the weekend or borrow friends cars. I move faster than traffic and my commute is more peaceful on my bike. I also get to wear chest holster ;)

Last Edited:
My parents had a 2000 Dodge Durango they bought new and had been running perfectly fine until 6 years ago where it has since been sitting in their garage until recently. They told me theyd give it to me if I can get it to run and remove it from their garage Thank God for the internet because the problem ended up being a very inexpensive sensor. The Durango is in mint shape and had only 70k miles 4x4, with leather interior and wood trim. I had just sold a 2 year old Subaru Crosstrek as I was in transition to by a new Tundra or Tacoma. Once I took over the Durango, my truck craving was satisfied at least for now. Not to mention no car payment to worry about :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top